• Published 12th Nov 2017
  • 1,340 Views, 48 Comments

Dystopia: Equestria - Creativa-Artly01



Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon have taken over Equestria and the nation is in ruins.

  • ...
16
 48
 1,340

Chapter 21-Luna's Darkening Heart

One day, while they're alone, Luna confesses something to her sister. "Celestia, my dear sister, I have this pain on my insides. I feel my heart darkening. I can't help but fear I might become HER again. What am I to do?" Luna then bursts into tears. "I don't want to become Nightmare Moon again. I want to stop this darkness from overtaking my heart. I don't know what to do and I'm scared. I'm scared."

"Oh Luna," says Celestia embracing her sister in a hug. "I'm not going to let that happen. We're gonna keep you from turning into Nightmare Moon, I promise."

"Well, let's hope that promise isn't broken. Let's hope Nightmare Moon doesn't take control," sniffles Luna as she rests her head on her sister's shoulder.

"Yeah, let's hope," sighs Celestia.

Unfortunately, after a year of keeping her demons and darkness inside, Luna can't take it anymore and Nightmare Moon emerges once again. Seeing her transformation, she flees the Alicorn kingdom and takes solace in the old ruins of the Castle of the Two Sisters. Celestia, scared for her sister, writes a letter to Twilight and sends it. A few hours later, Twilight receives the letter and reads it. "Dear Twilight, it's Celestia," she reads, "Luna has turned back into Nightmare Moon and I don't know what to do. I need you right now more than ever. Your friend and mentor, Celestia." Twilight then looks at the letter. "Oh no!" she sighs. She then takes to the sky and heads to the alicorn kingdom. Once there, she is greeted by Celestia. "Tell me everything," says Twilight. "Everything."

"Okay," responds Celestia. "It started a year ago, Luna felt the darkness growing inside her once more. Why? I still don't know. We were happy here. I didn't know why she would feel darkness growing inside her once again. I promised her we'd fix her together. Alas, that promise was broken as you can now see. I'm here, unable to leave, due to my brother's orders. She's out there, alone, in the Castle of the Two Sisters, abandoned. It pains me that I can't help her. That's why I wrote to you. I need you to save her for me. If you do, I'll be so grateful and indebted to you forever. Please, Twilight, let's put our past aside. Please, save my sister."

"Of course I'll save your sister," responds Twilight putting her hoof on Celestia's shoulder. "I promise."

Twilight then flies off to the Castle of the Two Sisters. There, she finds a broken Nightmare Moon, in tears. "Don't look at me, I'm a monster," says Nightmare Moon.

"No, let me help you, it's me, Twilight," responds Twilight with a calming voice.

"Oh, hello Twilight," says Nightmare Moon turning to face Twilight, "please help me. Take this darkness from me."

"How, how do I do that?" asks Twilight. "The other elements are dead. They died at your hooves."

"Twilight, you are strong enough to wield the elements on your own," responds Nightmare Moon. Nightmare Moon then opens up the floor underneath them, revealing the elements. Twilight then nods to Nightmare Moon and takes the six elements with her horn. She then activates the elements and shoots them at Nightmare Moon, splitting her darkness from her physical body, freeing Luna. Once the two are separated, the darkness goes after Twilight, but Twilight soon sends the darkness into Limbo. She then runs over and helps Luna to her feet.

"Now you can return home to your sister. She's waiting for you," responds Twilight. Luna nods and the two fly back to the Alicorn Kingdom where they are soon greeted by Celestia, Star Streak, and the rest of the alicorns. There, the three embrace in a great big hug.

"I'm so glad you're back," responds Celestia. "I'm so glad you were able to be saved."

"Me too," responds Luna, "and it's all thanks to Twilight and the elements." Luna looks over to Twilight and smiles. Twilight blushes and smiles back. She's so glad she could help Luna and reunite the sisters. Now, it's time for her to head home to rule her ponies.