• Published 12th Nov 2017
  • 1,331 Views, 48 Comments

Dystopia: Equestria - Creativa-Artly01



Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon have taken over Equestria and the nation is in ruins.

  • ...
16
 48
 1,331

Chapter 18-Hang Them!

A month later, Twilight wakes up to a riot in the street. As she peeps out her window, she sees ponies with signs that read "Find Celestia and Luna! Hang them for their crimes!" and "Unjustly Dictated: They Need to Go." Twilight then looks around, frightened. She has to let the sisters know but not just through a letter this time. She has to go talk to them in person. Twilight then rushes into the back room, grabs her bags, then flies out the window towards the alicorn kingdom. Once there, she is greeted by Twilight.

"Hello, Twilight," says Luna as she lands. "It's good to see you. How's it going in Equestria?"

"Well," responds Twilight, "the ponies want your heads. They want you hung. Executed."

"But we've changed, we both have," responds Luna as she looks at Celestia then looks back at Twilight.

"But the ponies still don't believe that," responds Twilight. "At least come and stand trial for your crimes. Give them that much."

"I'm sorry Twilight, but we're not going back, ever," responds Luna. She then turns towards Celestia and the two take to the sky and fly away. Twilight, defeated, bows her head and flies back towards Equestria. She'll have to deal with the riot on her own. That's what she's honestly scared of the most.

An hour later, Twilight lands back down on the balcony of her castle. Once there, she sees a hoard of ponies below her. "Ponies, ponies, Celestia and Luna are gone from us. Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon are defeated. Why do you still want them dead?"

"Because they killed my family," one pony finally pipes up. "They killed all our families."

"And I understand that, but ponies change," responds Twilight.

Meanwhile, back in the alicorn kingdom, Celestia and Luna go to the garden and talk to each other in private. "Are you sure we did the right thing telling Twilight off like that?" Celestia asks her sister.

"I don't know. It didn't feel like it was me talking. It felt like it was HER talking," responds Luna. "Maybe we should go stand on trial. Maybe we should be hung for our crimes. I just don't know anymore." She then bursts into tears.

"Oh Luna," says Celestia flying over to her sister and embracing her in her hooves. "It wasn't just you who lost control. It was both of us. It's not your fault this time. It's not just your fault this time. It's both our faults."

A few days later, the two decide to go and stand trial in front of the ponies they used to rule. As they stand on trial, they have nervous looks on their faces. What if the ponies condemn them to the gallows after all? Honestly, for the two, that's the scariest feeling of all.

"Did you, Celestia and Luna, while in your Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon forms, kill several ponies by both shooting squads, drowning, and the like? Did you enslave several ponies?" demands Twilight.

"Yes, all of this is true," reply the two sisters. "We did wrong and we're sorry."

"Did you kill the elements of harmony?" demands Twilight.

"Yes, we drowned them," respond the two sisters. "And we feel awful for that."

"Did you destroy entire towns leaving them in ruins? Were you behind all the fires?" demands Twilight.

"Yes," respond the two sisters, bowing their heads. "Punish us as you see fit, but first know this, we have a family. We have a brother, a nephew, a whole land of alicorns that love us and care for us. We feel bad for taking your families from you, but please, please, please don't take us from our family."

"You don't deserve your family!" responds a pony from the crowd. "After what you did, you don't deserve love from anypony!"

"Hush! I demand it!" responds Twilight dropping her gavel. She then makes her final statement. "Celestia and Luna, I am not going to have you hanged but you are banished from Equestria for as long as you both shall live." A tear falls from her eyes. "I'm sorry. You can go now."

The two sisters then take back to the skies and cry all the way back home. They can't believe they're banned from Equestria for all eternity. They never thought Twilight would turn on them like that. Although to be fair, they did kill her best friends. A few hours later, they touch back down in the alicorn kingdom.

"Well, I see they didn't hang you," responds Star Streak, "but there's still a sad look in your eyes. What's wrong?"

"Oh, my former student just banished me from Equestria for all eternity, along with my sister," responds Celestia. She bursts back into tears and Star Streak does his best to comfort her.

"Well, you still have me and Luna, and your nephew, and that's what matters most," responds Star Streak.

"You're right," sniffles Celestia. "It's just Twilight was always my best student. Now I've lost her forever."

Meanwhile back in Equestria, Twilight stands on her balcony and just weeps. "It was the right thing to do," says Twilight to herself. "After all, they killed my friends. They deserve eternal banishment." She then bursts back into a flood of tears. Why does she feel like she did the wrong thing deep down inside when she did the right thing? Why does she feel so empty, so broken? She just shakes it off. "I did the right thing. End of story." she sighs. She then walks back inside and goes to the library for some peace and quiet time alone. It's the place she goes when she's sad, the place she goes when she needs to be alone, the place she goes when she needs to think. For her, right now is one of those times. Right now, what she needs the most is to just be alone.

Back in the alicorn kingdom, Celestia and Luna happily play with their nephew as their brother watches. As he watches, he sees two smiles peep across their faces. Maybe this is a sign that they're getting over the whole banished forever thing. Alas, he can only hope.