• Published 12th Nov 2017
  • 1,331 Views, 48 Comments

Dystopia: Equestria - Creativa-Artly01



Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon have taken over Equestria and the nation is in ruins.

  • ...
16
 48
 1,331

Chapter 16-Coalter

A few weeks later, Coalter moves into his new house with several blankets and a bag of groceries provided by the princess. "Ah," he sighs, breathing in the air around him, "it's good to be in a house again! It's been too long!" He then plops down on the couch and turns on the radio. As soon as it's on, a music channel begins to play. It plays a wide range of musical variety from pop to country and everything in between. He then pulls a blanket over himself and listens to the music. The song playing is a song called "A Time of Need" by Coloratura.

"It's been a rough few weeks, a rough few years. We can do it but we need each other. We need each other in a time of need. We have to stand together in a time of need. As the ash falls from the skies, as the fires burn across the land, we all come together and lend a hoof, lend a hand, and fix everything together. We can do it together. We all help out together in a time of need. If a pony needs a bowl of food, give them a loaf of bread. If a pony needs a blanket, invite them into your house and give them one or even let them stay the night. If a pony is hurt, has any broken bones, or is starving to death, let them in and give them food and bandage their wounds. In a time of need, lend a helping hoof, lend a helping hoof. In a time of need, lend a helping hoof, lend a helping hoof. Right now's the time we all need a helping hoof, so lend a hoof to those in need in this time, in this great time, in this time of need."

A few minutes later, Coalter is out on the couch, fast asleep. About an hour later, he hears a rap on his door. He then gets up and opens it and to his surprise, there's a mare standing there. "Can I help you?" he asks her.

"Yes, I'm looking for Coalter," replies the mare.

"That would be me," responds Coalter shocked. "How do you know who I am?"

"Don't you recognize me?" responds the mare as she removes the hood from her head. "It's me, Melody Bird."

"I thought you were dead," responds Coalter.

"No, I survived the fire that overtook my town," Melody responds. "I'll tell you everything."

"Come on in then," responds Coalter as he leads her inside. He then sits her down, gets her a hot cup of coffee, and then listens as she tells him her story.

"It was a normal day when the fire broke out in our village. Dad smelled the smoke in the air as he guided us out of the house. Alas, he didn't make it out himself. He was overtaken by the flames which took his life. Mom, brother, and I then fled the town and soon stumbled upon Equestria, upon Ponyville. We saw the houses, the fields, we saw ash everywhere but we didn't care. We entered the town and were provided with a house. A few weeks later, I found out thanks to the Princess that you were here, alive. You see, I thought you were dead. I still have the ring you gave me, see," she says showing it to him. "Not long after the Princess told me you were alive, I headed straight here, where she told me I'd find you. I'm so glad I found you. Don't you remember the day you proposed to me? It wasn't long before you disappeared."

"I remember," responds Coalter. He then leans over and kisses her on the lips. "I do remember. Will you still marry me?"

"Of course," responds Melody Bird kissing him back on the lips.

Three days later, the two are wed. Melody Bird then moves into his new house with him. On their first night of marriage, the two sleep together on the couch as they don't have a proper bed yet. Melody doesn't care though. She's just glad she is finally with her Coalter, this time, forever. The next day, however, the two go into town where they buy a bed, some pillows, and some more groceries and dishes. The two now have things for a proper home and as soon as they get home, they put in the bed, cover it with blankets, and place the pillows on it. They then restock their cupboards and fridge. Once they're done with that, the two plop down on the couch together again and turn on the radio and listen to music once again. The two couldn't be happier. Now, all they need to do is start a family of their own, the one thing Melody wants most of all.