• Published 12th Nov 2017
  • 1,332 Views, 48 Comments

Dystopia: Equestria - Creativa-Artly01



Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon have taken over Equestria and the nation is in ruins.

  • ...
16
 48
 1,332

Chapter 14-A New Flying Squadron

A few days later, Princess Twilight goes and watches as a new flying squadron is installed into Equestrian society. The new squadron is called the New Royale Flight Squadron or NRFS. Twilight then watches as the new squadron takes to flight as they fly up, up and into the heights of the sky. After an hour of tricks and loops, the squadron lands down in front of Twilight. "That was amazing!" exclaims the princess.

"Thank you, your majesty," responds the captain of the New Royale Flight Squadron, Sunshine Ray. "It feels good to fly on our own accord and under my command again."

"I bet," Twilight replies with a smile and a small giggle. "Who all are the members of your team?"

"Only the best of the best flyers," she responds. She then begins to point to them one by one as she lists their names. "Sky Streaker, my second in command. Red Heart. Daisy Diadem. Reese Hardwing. Firefly. June. July. Mayfield. Mayflower. Bright Bolt. Johnny Strideman. Clipper. Sure Shot. Star Eyes. Lilac Summer. Angel Eyes. Rain Dew."

"I know Rain Dew, I knew her mother. Her mother, Rainbow Dash, was my best friend," responds Twilight as a tear falls from her eye.

"We also have Sergeant Coal. Soaren. My sister and support and co-captain Spitfire. Thunderlane. Sky Stinger. Vapor Trail. Spartan. Cloud Dasher. Rainbow Blaze."

"I know him too," responds Twilight, "he's Rainbow Dash's uncle."

"Quiet and let me finish!" says Sunshine as she turns around and snaps at Twilight. "I just have to get through ten more names! Chill out!" She then gets back to listing the final ten names. "Fleet Wing. Colt Sportman. Lilac Daze. Lavender Daze. Sonnet. Sun Song. Moon Song. Candle Lyre. Lady Bird. And finally, Vina Fastwing."

"That's an impressively big team!" says Twilight. "Now, I'll let y'all get back to practice."

"Thanks and I hope you have a good day. Also, I'm sorry I snapped at you!" responds Sunshine Ray before seeing the princess off.

Once back at the castle, Twilight puts her record of the names of the new flight team members on a shelf of documentation and censuses. It may not be the Wonderbolts, but it is definitely a just as good, if not better, team.

Meanwhile, back at the training grounds, the NRFS takes to the skies once again as they begin to go into what their captains call the Megaspiral. It's by far the most complex move in their arsenal. They practice this move for hours on end as they continue to try and perfect it. After around nine hours of practice, they finally perfect the move and move on to their simpler and not as spectacular moves. As they fly, they can't help but smile. Sunshine then whispers to herself, "I'm so glad to be back. I'm so glad we have a flying team we can be proud of once again."

Two hours later, they turn in for the night as the sun has finally gone down. In their barracks, they take off their uniforms and goggles and go off to shower, brush their teeth, and finally go to sleep. It's been a long day and tomorrow will be just as long a day of training as they have their renewal tour in only a few weeks time.