• Published 12th Nov 2017
  • 1,320 Views, 48 Comments

Dystopia: Equestria - Creativa-Artly01



Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon have taken over Equestria and the nation is in ruins.

  • ...
16
 48
 1,320

Chapter 13-The Alicorn Flu Virus

A few weeks later, a horrid virus spreads throughout the land and infects every single alicorn making them incapable of ruling their subjects. Due to this, right now, it's up to Shining Armor to rule Equestria on his own as both his wife and sister are out of commission as are Celestia, Luna, and Star Streak and even Flurry Heart. Flurry worst of all as she's only a foal.

"What am I supposed to do? I've never ruled on my own before!" says a freaking out Shining to his wife and sister who are sitting behind him blowing into tissues.

"First, honey, compose yourself. Breathe. Deep breaths," replies Cadence before sneezing a huge burst of magic out her nose.

"Oh...okay...okay," responds Shining as he takes a deep breath.

Not long after their little chit-chat, Cadence and Twilight are knocked out cold, asleep in their seats. Shining then picks them up and tucks them into bed next to Flurry Heart's crib, where she is happily sleeping. Shining then goes outside and explains everything to their subjects.

"My subjects! My ponies! I have an announcement to make. Currently, an alicorn flu virus has spread throughout the kingdoms and has taken your princesses out of commission. For the time being, I will be your soul ruler. I will do my best at this as I am not used to ruling alone so be patient with me. Thank you."

Meanwhile, in the alicorn kingdom, Celestia, Luna, and Star Streak are crumbled up in balls of pain due to the alicorn flu virus as are all their subjects that have ascended to their alicorn hood already. The still unicorn and pegasi members of their society are currently the ones running everything during this hard time. "What caused this outbreak?" says Celestia to her little sister.

"I wish I knew," responds Luna. "There may be something about it in Starswirl's old journals, but I've never read it." The two sisters weakly get to their feet and go and grab the Starswirl journals and begin to read through them. After book fifty, they finally find the page on alicorn flu. Celestia then begins to read.

"The alicorn flu has recently plagued my dear students, Celestia and Luna. I don't know how long it will last or how to cure it. It can't be cured by magic. I know that much. Believe me, I tried. That was the first thing I tried. Hopefully, their affliction will end soon. Hooves crossed as I pray to the stars above." Celestia then closes the book and passes out on the floor. Luna soon does the same. They, along with every other alicorn, is just going to have to wait for it to pass from their systems naturally.

Two months later, the flu finally passes through their systems and comes to an end. A week later, Twilight, Cadence, Celestia, Luna, and Star Streak are back to ruling their kingdoms and ruling over their subjects. Shinings is so thankful that they're back to good health. Now, he doesn't have to wing it and rule the ponies alone anymore. Now, he can lean on him just like he did before the alicorn flu virus struck.