• Published 12th Nov 2017
  • 3,810 Views, 107 Comments

Hybrid - ShadowedKnight68



A man goes through a portal and is turned into a unknown creature, shunned and feared for how he looks he struggles to live his new life.

  • ...
16
 107
 3,810

More Problems

Twilight paced back and forth after hearing that the creature came back into town, she had already sent the letter to Celestia and Luna, so she couldn't add more to the letter.

"Whys it keep taking food if it just spits it out?" Rainbowdash asked.

"I have no idea" Twilight huffed.

"Maybe it's hungry but it can't handle normal food?" Fluttershy theorized.

"Well judging from what I can guess its age is, it must of had to have eaten something before, so it should know what to eat and what not to eat" Twilight said.

"Well then is it trying to just keep food from ponies?" Rainbowdash said and the girls all had a look of realization.

"It did burn down one of my trees..." Applejack said.

"And it did just take all the food in a couple stands..." Rarity added.

"Why would it be trying to starve ponies?" Pinkie asked.

"Maybe to weaken them so they can't fight?" Twilight hypothesized.

"That's cruel" Rarity said after thinking of a pony doing such a thing.

"Yes but it is also smart, eliminating food so the prey is weakened and ready to be attacked, it's actually a very smart move and from what I've read in books it was used in wars hundreds of years ago" Twilight explained.

"So this thing knows war tactics?" Rainbowdash questioned.

"It appears so" Twilight sighed.

There was then a knock on the door, Twilight raised an eyebrow and walked to the door opening it, when she did she found both princesses as well as two Royal guards.

"Princess Celestial and Princess Luna? I wasn't expecting you both to come here so fast..." Twilight said shocked.

"After reading your letter we realized how much danger you and everypony else in town was" Celestia says as they walk into the room followed by the guards.

"How much danger are we in?" Rainbowdash asked "it's just one pony thing".

"It's much more then just that, this dragon pony could cause far more damage then you think" Luna said in a serious tone.

"What do you mean?..." Twilight asked worried.

"The fire this dragon pony has isn't just regular dragon magic, it is mixed with pony magic as well" Celestia explained "the fire is very difficult to extinguish, the last time my sister or I encountered it, half of Equestria was left in ashes do to these creatures fire, only they decide how long their fires burn".

The girls gasped in horror at hearing what the dragon ponies did.

"Wait there's been more of these dragon ponies? But I couldn't find anything about them in any books on dragons or ponies" Twilight said confused.

"That is because we made sure to keep their existence a secret after their extinction, we feared that if somepony were to find out about them and their power they would try and create one or more to use as a weapon" Celestia clarified.

"How exactly did these things go extinct?" Rarity asked.

"We were forced to wipe them out over four thousand years ago..." Luna said somberly.

"So what this ones trying starve the town out of revenge for the extinction of its race?" Rainbow dash asked.

"It is the most logical reason for it to try and starve the town..." Celestia answered.

"What do we do?" Rarity asked.

"We have guards surrounding the town so it cannot come back in, so now we will go to try and find this creature and capture it" Luna answered.

"And what if we can't capture it?..." Fluttershy asked with fear as she already had an idea of what would happen.

"then it will have to die, we cannot risk it destroying Equestria" Celestia said.

"No! What if your wrong about it?? What if it's just scared and hungry??" Fluttershy reasoned.

Luna was about to say something but Celestia cut her off.

"It is still to dangerous, from what I've heard it's done then we cannot risk this thing causing destruction" Celestial said and stood up "now we must find it before it is able to escape or cause death" she left and was followed by the five girls and guards.

Now all that remained in the room were Luna and Fluttershy.

"She's not dangerous! I know she wouldn't do anything the princess has said, she can't die because she's scared and hungry" Fluttershy pleaded on the brink of tears.

"I know...that is why we will find her before they do" Luna said standing up.

Fluttershy smiled and hugged Luna "thank you".

Luna was surprised but hugged her back "welcome, now let's go".

They both left the castle to find Michael.


<<<<<<<<<<[The Forest]>>>>>>>>>>>


The forest was blanketed in darkness from the night, on the forest floor was a trail off food, carrots, apples, grapes, and cabbages, all of which had single bites in them.

The trail of food led to a small purple scaled mare laying on the ground by a tree, a empty sack that once held all these foods lay by her, her clawed paws holding tightly to her stomach, another pang of hunger came from her stomach making her wince and whimper.

Though unseen do to the darkness tears were streaming down her face from the pain.

Michael sobbed quietly at the pain, she tried everything but none of the food tasted edible, she even forced herself to eat an apple, only to puke it back up after her stomach felt like it was tearing it self apart.

She felt little hope of getting home now, or if she was even wanted home.

The thought made her heart tighten up, she had been asking her family for money a lot and she knew it was angering them, that's why she stopped and that's why her money problems really got bad.

It was worse when his friend disappeared a few months back, they only found his car but not a body, she helped search but never found anything, the guy was gonna propose to his girlfriend to, it was supposed to be a Christmas surprise.

It was everything but that, his family was a wreak, and his girlfriend was completely broken.

She wrapped her tail around her self and hugged herself into a tight ball, she clenched her eyes shut tightly, she had felt so much pain since entering this world, from the ponies who rejected her, from her body.

But it wasn't her body, only a deformed abomination of a body that she was trapped in, she so badly wished it all would just end and that she could rest peacefully.

Then she heard a twig snap making her eyes opened quickly, she feared it may be a predator come to kill her while she's weak, but instead she found her older brother.

"M-Mike?..." She asked in disbelief.

"Hey bro, or I guess sis now huh?" Mike chuckled.

Michael chuckled weakly "yeah I guess I am..." Her eyes were getting so heavy.

"Hey no sleeping Mickey!" Mike ordered.

She groaned and glared at him "don't call me that, I hate that nickname...I'm not a mouse...".

"Yeah well I'm going to keep using it till you tell me why your here letting yourself waste away" Mike said.

"What the hell do you think all this food is here for?! I've tried everything but nothing works" she yelled weakly, she just wanted to rest.

"That's not what I meant, what about the rift?" Mike asked.

"It was closed when I woke up..." Her eyes slowly closed.

"What if they opened it again?" Mike asked.

Her eyes shot open.

"They might open it to get you back or to send someone else, either way you have a chance of getting back, and once you do, we'll sue the crap out of those bastards" Mike smiled.

She smiled "yeah..".

"Now get up and let's go" Mike ordered.

She got up wincing but fought through it, she put her cloak on and they started walking, she had new hope of getting home.

"You remembered where you first woke up?" Mike asked.

She opened her mouth to answer but only silence came out, she then groaned "no...".

Mike chuckled "just like you to forget something that important".

"No it isn't" she blushed embarrassed.

"Hehe your also adorable now so it makes it even better" Mike cooed.

"I'm not cute!!" She yelled.

"I didn't say cute" Mike smirked.

Her blush reddened deeper, she knew deep down that she actually was adorable in this new body.


<<<<<<<<<<<[Two Hours Later]>>>>>>>>>>>


Luna and Fluttershy were walking through the forest, Luna had her horn lit with a light spell to help them search and see.

Luna spotted an apple with one bite in it "do you think it was hers?"

Fluttershy looked at the bite closely "yes the bite was from sharp teeth like hers, but I guess she didn't like it...".

They continued walking and found a trail leading to a tree, food with only one bite in them were all over.

Fluttershy spotted the puked up one "I think she was trying to eat this food but...it only made her sick...".

"Why would she not know what a dragon pony can eat, she's trying to eat normal pony food..." Luna said looking around.

"What do dragon ponies eat?" Fluttershy asked.

"Well mostly what dragons eat, like gems, gold, silver, but they also eat meat, like fish..." Luna answered.

"So then she doesn't know that and is trying to eat what we have in town..." Flutterhsy realized.

"Yes and if we do not find her then we will not have to worry about my sister having her killed, she'll die of starvation" Luna said as Fluttershy gasped.


<<<<<<<<<<[Ten Hours Later]>>>>>>>>>>


It was another day in Equestria, the sun was shining brightly high above, Michael was walking with her brother down a stream.

"So your sure this is the stream you walked down to get to the town?" Mike asked.

"For the fifth time, yes! I know my damn streams..." She huffed 'I sure hope this is the right stream or I'm never hearing the end of it...' She thought to herself, she then spotted the burnt wood wolf.

"Haha see I told you!!" She rushed over to it "this is the wolf I told you I burned".

"Oh wow it really is made of wood, or I guess was..." Mike then looked up at the rock hill "that may be difficult to climb...".

She looked at it and huffed "it was worse falling down it".

"Well let's get up this thing, staring at it isn't helping us" he started climbing up it.

She huffed and followed, it was difficult to climb with hooves for back legs, they don't have the best grip on rocks, she glanced up to see if her brother was having difficulty only to find him already at the top.

"How'd you get up there so fast??" She asked stunned.

"Pfft it was easy" He said crossing his arms "now c'mon get your flank up here".

"Flank?" She stopped climbing and looked at him confused.

"Yeah that's what a horse butt is called" He chuckled.

"Ooh yeah..." She remembered and continued climbing up the rocky hill.

She eventually was able to get up and they continued through the woods, as she walked she could remember running from that thing, it wasn't a pleasant memory.

Remembering it made a shiver run up her spine, she hated that day and the days after, the only good thing was her brother was here.

"You ok?" He asked her when he noticed she looked unnerved.

She snapped out of her thoughts when he spoke "oh yeah...just...I didn't have a very good start here...ever since I first woke up it was like I was always running for my life, I barely got a chance to adjust to this body..."

"I'm sorry Michael" he said apologetically.

"Thanks bro" she smiled slightly as they continued walking.

They both soon found themselves in a grassy area, they looked around to see if they could find an open rift but there were no signs of one.

"Ugh!!!" She yelled annoyed "all of this was for nothing!!! We came all this way and it's not open!!" She kicked a rock and groaned in pain when the rock didn't move like she intended, her paw was now beating in pain.

"Ow ow ow..." She looked at the rock and found it was made of metal "what the heck...?" She began digging up the metal rock only to find it wasn't a metal rock at all, it was in fact a drone like the Martian Rover.

"Is this the one they sent in?..." She was looking at it, besides being covered in dirt it still looked functional, but from what she remembered it lost signal with the guys after a few feet from the rift, but if she was able to power the thing up and get a signal, she could get contact to the earth and the scientists she could then ask them to turn the portal on and she could go through it back home.

"We can use this to get back home, all we gotta do is power it somehow and send a message back to the scientist and we get a one-way ticket back home!" She said with a smile

"Alright let's get this thing out of the dirt and power it up" Mike said as he hopped in the hole.

She smiled excitedly at the new-found hope of getting home, but her smile soon vanished when she thought about something, she turned to her brother and looked up at him "Mike....how did you get here not changed...?"

Mike sighed and stopped trying to get the drone out "I knew you'd figure it out eventually....I'm not here Michael....never was...I'm still on earth, I'm just your coping mechanism to stay sane, your mind knew you were dying and I was created because I was the one thing you looked up to and would listen to..." He said somberly.

She had tears in her eyes "n-no...I can't do this without you! I was finally happy here when you showed up...p-please don't leave me...".

"Hey hey don't cry, it's ok you can do this I know you can and when you get home I'll be there waiting for you" Mike smiled and put his hand on her cheek "I believe in you Michael I know you will do this".

She sniffled and nodded she than closed her eyes "goodbye...Mike..." She opened her eyes to find he was gone, she looked back down at the drone and took a deep breath then exhaled, she then began trying to pull it out.