• Published 16th Nov 2017
  • 3,500 Views, 102 Comments

Flash Sentry One-Shots - Banshee531



A housing for all my One-Shots involving Flash Sentry. Includes events from the EQG shorts and maybe some original ideas.

  • ...
7
 102
 3,500

Happy Birthday

Author's Note:

Hey everybody. To celebrate my birthday, I've written this chapter and uploaded it today.

This is a sequel chapter to my first chapter, Need a Lift. hope you enjoy it

As Flash pulled up outside the house and cut the engine of his car, he took a moment to reminisce on the morning he had had so far.

He had woken up to she smell of bacon, pancakes and orange juice, courtesy of his mother. It was a small tradition between the two of them, always making the other breakfast in bed on their special day.

Yes, today was Flash's birthday, his seventeenth. One more year, and he would be an adult.

He smiled at that thought. He wanted so much to be considered an adult, since he already felt like one. For the last seven years, he had been doing many adult like things to help his mom after his father had died. This included cooking, cleaning and keeping himself out of trouble.

He still had loads of fun as a kid, but just not so much that his mother would have to be bothered while working on her next case.

Now he was but one year away from being an official adult.

In that moment, he heard the sound of a door opening and looked over to see her step out of the house. Twilight Sparkle, who he had been driving to school over the last few weeks, smiled as she walked over and opened the door to the car. "Morning," she told him.

"Morning," Flash replied before starting the car again. "Get enough sleep last night?"

"Of course," Twilight replied. "Why wouldn't I?"

Flash smirked as he started driving down the street to school. "Because we've got that big physics test today and know you, you were up until the wee hours studying for it."

Twilight rolled her eyes. "I was not up until the wee hours."

Flash turned to her, giving her a knowing look. "When'd you go to bed?"

Twilight playfully frowned at this. "Ten," she saw his face did not change, "okay eleven." Still no change. "Alright twelve...Fine, two AM."

"Thought so," Flash replied as he looked away. "Don't come crying to me if you fall asleep during the test."

"I drank three cups of coffee," Twilight told him. "There's no chance of that."

"Then I hope you like taking tests with your legs crossed," Flash joked. Twilight responded to this by hitting him on the arm, but with her puny muscles he barely felt it. "Close the window, I think a light breeze just hit my arm."

"You're a jerk," Twilight told him. She tried to give him a pout, but it did not last long and soon enough the two of them were laughing their heads off.

This was one of Flash's favourite things to do each day, he and Twilight simply talking. It always seemed to end with the two of them laughing, which they both enjoyed.

The two of them had grown incredibly close over the last few weeks, almost as close as Twilight was with the rest of her friends. It was not just the drive to school when they were together. They were both in the chemistry club and sometimes hung out at Sugarcube Corner and the cafe that their friend, Pinkie, worked at.

They had even been invited to each others house, Twilight and Flash's mom hitting it off right away. Flash had gotten along with all of Twilight's family, even her big brother. Though Shining had tried to be intimidating to him at first, Flash had quickly gotten on his good side when Twilight mentioned he was working to be a police officer.

As the two of them talked, Flash did not mention that it was his birthday. He knew if he told her, she would make a big fuse and he did not want to be a bother.

Soon enough the two of them arrived at school and Flash pulled into his parking spot before cutting the engine, Twilight unbuckling her seat belt. They got out of the car and walked over to the building, continuing to talk the whole time.

"Hey guys." They turned to see Sunset rushing up to them. "Good morning."

"Good morning," Twilight said.

"Morning," Flash told her as they headed into the school. "I'll see you guys later," he walked down the hall to get to his homeroom.

As soon as he was gone, Twilight and Sunset smirked at one another. "You ready for this afternoon?" Sunset asked.

"Yeap," Twilight said. "He is gonna love this."

With that, the two of them rushed over to the homeroom.


Flash's day was like any other day.

Homeroom, physics test, almost getting sent flying by Rainbow's speed wind, the usual stuff. Though there was one thing he noticed seemed different. Everybody in school seemed to be giving him odd looks, as if they were in on a secret he was not. It was strange, one moment they were staring at him, but when he turned to give them a second look they seemed to be looking elsewhere. Weird.

Now the final bell of the day had rung, and Flash was making his way out of the building towards his car. When he got there, he spotted Twilight standing next to it with a smile on her face.

"Hey," she said, "good day?"

Flash shrugged. "No better or worse the any other day. You?"

"Pretty good," Twilight replied as Flash unlocked his car.

They got in and buckled up before Flash started the car. But as they were pulling out of the lot, Twilight smacked her head. "Oh," she said, "idiot!"

Flash gave her a puzzled look. "What's up?"

"I borrowed a book from Pinkie and meant to give it back to her, but I spaced. She'll already be at Sugarcube Corner by now."

Flash smiled. Twilight might be a genius, but she could be really spacey sometimes. As they approached the junction that lead to either Sugarcube Corner or home, Flash indicated the direction of the bakery.

"Thanks Flash," Twilight told him as they turned.

"No problem Twi," Flash replied.

They rolled down the road in the direction of Sugarcube Corner, luckily not running into any traffic on the way. When they arrived outside of the bakery, Flash pulled up outside the building and parked. Twilight unbuckled and opened the door. "Thanks," she said, "I'll be ten seconds tops." She shut the door and rushed inside.

Flash sat patiently and waited. But when the ten second mark arrived, Twilight had still not exited the building. Twenty seconds and the door remained closed. Thirty seconds, a minute, two minutes, five. "What is taking her so long?"

When the ten minute mark finally rolled around, Flash had had enough and got out of the car.

Rushing over to the door and pulling it open, Flash was about to call out to Twilight when he found the entire bakery was deserted. "What the?" Flash asked as he looked around. "Hello. Anyone he-"

"SURPRISE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY FLASH!"

From out of nowhere, all of Flash's friends appeared and cried out to him.

Flash was shocked at first, but as soon as the surprise was gone Flash realised what was going on. "Guys."

Pinkie and Derpy appeared besides him and put a party hat and birthday sash on him. "Why didn't you tell us it was your birthday silly?" Pinkie asked him.

"Yeah," Rainbow told him. "You know we love an excuse to party."

"But how did you-" Flash then spotted Twilight standing at the front of the group, looking sheepish. "You did this didn't you?"

Twilight smiled and nodded. "Your mom told me. She guessed you wouldn't tell anyone."

Flash sighed as his head dropped. "Of course she did."

"Oh lighten up man," Sandalwood told him. "We're here now, so why not party with us."

Flash looked up at them all and smiled. "Sure, why not. Let's party."

"YEAH!" They all cried before Mr and Mrs Cake brought out a large cake. Lemon Victoria Sponge, his favourite.


As the sun began to set, Flash and Twilight were driving home.

Flash's trunk was jam packed with all the presents he had been given by his friends, several of which he had been planning to buy himself. Sweet, spare change.

As they got closer to Twilight's house, the bespectacled girl turned to him. "Why didn't you tell anyone it was your birthday?"

Flash just shrugged. "Didn't seem all that important. It's not like I'm against birthdays, I just figured everyone had better things to do then celebrate me being a year older."

"Flash," Twilight told him, "birthdays are about more then just that. There about celebrating all the years you've lived, and every amazing thing you've done in that time."

Flash just shrugged. "I haven't really done anything amazing."

"Of course you have," she told him. "Imagine how your mom would have felt after your dad died, if you hadn't been there for her?"

Okay, Flash would give her that.

"And then there's all your friends. You know when we were planning your party, everyone asked what they could do to help. They wanted to make it the best birthday you could ever have, because they wanted to thank you for everything you've done for them."

"That's not exactly anything special," he told her. "All I've really done is help out now and again."

Twilight smiled at him. "There's no such thing as a small act of kindness."

As they pulled up to Twilight's house, Twilight unbuckled herself. She then leaned over to his side and did something unexpected, she kissed him on the cheek.

As she pulled away, Flash turned towards her and saw she was blushing. "Twilight?"

Twilight's blush intensified. "Happy birthday Flash." With that she opened the door and rushed out, running back to her house and opening the door. Before shutting it, she glanced back at him and smiled.

Flash was still amazed by what had happened, but soon enough his shocked face broke out into a giant smile as he reached up and touched the cheek she had kissed.

As he started up his car and drove off, Flash rolled down his window and cried out.

"BEST...BIRTHDAY...EVER!!!!!!"