• Published 8th Nov 2017
  • 492 Views, 2 Comments

Shared Unexpected Affections - Mocha Star



Trixie likes Luna but drunk messages the wrong mare, how can this go wrong?

  • ...
26
 2
 492

Warm Light

Luna yawned softly as she took her seat at her computer and logged in with her unique magic signature. “An hour before I must begin my duties to Equestria, best hurry,” she mumbled to herself. She logged into the aethernet with little time wasted and began to scour her bookmarked site list for any interesting news, events, or functions when a twinge in the aetherlink alerted her to a certain site.

“Equestrian Fanfiction. Hundreds of new messages?” she rolled her eyes and began to page through the white closed scroll icons and the short message header to the left of them indicating the topic of the message. “Meh, another time, perhaps. Oh?” she stopped nearing the end at a scroll colored black, indicating a pony she knew sent it. “If I recall TheRealLuna is Celestia’s assistant. Perhaps this is important.” She called her wireless headset with built in microphone, connecting it to her computer while the site loaded.

She focused on the screen and the scroll icon flashed yellow and with clever animation grew in size and unfurled. She read the first few messages about the story and what might happen, as well as a mention of her joining a group that focused on LightSparkle and her mother’s relationship.

Luna’s ear twitched as she felt time tick by at the five minute mark. “One more subscroll then I’m going to have to logout and play my aethergames for the remainder of my time,” Luna blinked as the next scroll to open was colored grey. She tilted her head and began to read the first line aloud.

“Your Majesty! I have good news for you! A pony thought I was you and sent me the following messages and I’m passing them to you. She’s a really nice pony and I think you should let her down gently, if you wish. Have a fantastic night, I’ll be sure to watch the moon rise with my stallion-friend.”

Luna began to read the messages and she smiled slightly as she reached the end. “The mare seems to be very intoxicated but drinking does lower inhibitions and ponies reveal the truth much easier when under the influence… but me?” she shook her head and sent her astral mane across her back, sliding slowing to her right side.

“The last pony to offer me true affection was,” her breath hitched as the memory of a beautiful mare standing silhouetted by the moon, long since passed flashed into her mind’s eye. “I don’t know if I can be hurt as such again,” she frowned, “is this a ploy? A jest at my behalf?!” she growled, then became somber. “Is she using my writings as a means to learn of my personal thoughts and feelings? Is she simply being honest?”

Her heart sank and with a thought she called up her royal administrative privileges and quickly searched for the identity behind the user ‘Simile,’ quickly finding out who it was. “This is the mare who is attracted to me?” she squinted at the image of the mare, posing in a gaudy hat with matching pattern cape in the style a harlot back in the days of now old.

She snorted and pouted. “She’s a spitting image of her. What if she were a descendant? A relative long lost distantly through time… or perhaps this is the fates showing me kindness?” A moment passed as she stared at the smug expression on Trixie’s portrait, then she switched back to the aetherpage and reread the messages.

“No, I cannot believe this is chance. I must confront her or never know what may have been.”

She opened the user list, found Simile, and sent her a short but effective message.

Who do you think you are to write such things to a Princess of Equestria?!

Then deleted the text.

Do you believe you even have a chance with one such as I?

A pause, then she hurriedly erased it.

Why ME?! What have I done to deserve such torture?! A thousand years have come to pass and in what is a mere five years to me you return to break my heart again?

She let her head drop and she huffed, looking at the message. “Am I truly being so foalish? It’s not her choice or fault who she loves.”

Luna looked at her message and deleted it.

This better not be some kind of joke! If I find out you're messing with me there will be Tartarus to pay!

“Yes, that shall do nicely. It sums up my feelings and puts her on the spot. We shall see how she responds when I take my evening meal and-” her mouth dried as she saw a reply already.

Well, that's the last time I preread your story. Good to know, since I had too many anyway. Good luck finding anypony on the site willing to give you criticism, and I don't count your friends who think your story is “da hay!”

Simile

“Ah, right… My story, I wasn’t talking about that and why didn’t she read my story yet! No, that can wait.”

I know it's a long shot, okay, but if you're single and would want to have a go call me, okay? I've been seeing you in my dreams a lot lately, but dreams are no substitute for the real thing. I want to feel you, to smell you, to rest in your mane.

Did you write this?

“Now let’s see what she has to say. If she lies then so be it, I’ll leave her and take my story with!” Luna chuckled at imagining the pouting mare begging to read her story.
*yay*!

Look, I was heck of drunk at the time. It was a stressful day at work, and I had gotten into some personal *yay* and… I really messed up there :( And that traitor @TheRealLuna made a mess by trolling, as she usually does.

I’m so sorry. I guess it's too late to pretend this never happened?

Simile

Luna stared at her screen in disbelief and reread the message she’d just received. She swallowed loudly and blinked several times.

Did you mean what you wrote?

Luna bit her bottom lip nervously, waiting as seconds passed into a minute and her ear twitched at the ten minute mark of her hour. She nearly sprained a wing muscle when she saw the reply message appear and she snapped them half open.

Edit: To hay with it. I never had a chance anyway.

Yes, I did. Do! I do mean what I wrote. I could have phrased it better, definitely, but yep, those are my thoughts on the matter. And yes, I'm aware how awkward that sounds, considering how we went clubbing and everything.

Edit: And I'd still like us to be friends, even if not the way I meant. You're just too great for me to resist.

Luna stared at the screen, mouth agape and mind blank. Her magic, led by her subconscious sent a reply before she knew what had happened.

Sure.

Not ten seconds passed before the reply blinked into existence.

Really?!? :)

Simile

Luna grinned and her mind went to the present and what she’d thought it would hold when she was still young. It wasn’t anything like what she imagined and that was because the unexpected happened. She’d met Trixie before and it was good. A fun and exuberant mare that certainly gathered attention that Luna envied.

A sadness tapped her heart and she pouted again, remembering how she was viewed then and now since her return and freedom. “It’s time to change and let the world know I am different.”

I'm not just the dark and emotional mare ponies make me out to be. If I see something I like I go for it. And you I like. What else is there to it?

Wow. Just wow! I… wow!

Luna giggled at the instant reply and smirked.

Not the romantic you expected me to be, eh? After a certain time it gets stale. You like me, I like you, let's see how it goes.

“She’s in for quite the surprise!” Luna giggled again and shifted her weight as she began to feel like going for a trot down the halls to burn off the energy she’d suddenly gotten.

No, I mean wow as in “wow I can't believe you said yes!” :) I'd never think poorly of you. Well, maybe some of my thoughts are exactly… heh O:)

Edit: Hold on! Please tell me you haven't peaked in my dreams!

Simile

“Not yet, but the night is young,” Luna snickered. “Perhaps I will tonight but she doesn’t need to know that. Let us see how she responds to a little play-talk.”

Scared are you? ;)

Don't worry, your dreams are perfectly fine. There are only so many hours in the night. I only go chasing away nightmares, or occasionally making my own dreamworld to unwind a bit.

Yes, I totally went into your dreams ;) What do you expect? I got a message saying you were interested and I had to check you out. Nothing personal, but after the amount of times I had been let down (I'm talking hundreds here) I've become more cautious. Let me tell you, poets are the worst. Great to be with, they constantly declare their undying love, but when it comes down to anything practical they lose interest :/ With them it's all about chasing an unattainable muse.

“A little play on the truth but not a lie, and she needn’t know I’m inexperienced in romance… but I truly detest pony’s who pretend to be poets for the chance at another’s heart. Oh! A reply already!”

Yikes. I never looked at it that way. And I thought I had my share of disappointments.

Well, if you like what you say there I won't complain ;) Just. You know what I am, right? And you're okay to be with me? I’ll just go ahead and say it. I have abandonment issues.

It's actually amazing that you said yes. I mean when we were clubbing I was convinced you were into stallions. (I won't lie, I was jealous as *yay* but told myself it could never happen, so partied on.)

Wow. This whole thing is wow.

Simile

Luna laughed aloud and and clapped her hooves, replying as fast as she could think of the words to put into the spell, then stopped and smirked, adding a little at the end of the message.

Yes, I know what you are, you silly filly :) And I’ve always kept my sexual preferences somewhat hidden. Not that I wouldn't have gotten away with it. It’s just a personal thing.

As for the partying, it was just some casual flirts. The reason I went there was to party and unwind. If I wanted messy drama I could go back home, or create something in the dreamscape. It was just for the drinks and the laughs.

You're quite the cutie as well, don't sell yourself short. And don't worry about LightSparkle. She can humph all she wants, but I bet she's got a secret shipping diary under her pillow.

Luna tapped her hooves together in antiscipation, waiting for the next message.

Heh, I bet she does. She's just very good at hiding it. It's sad about her breakups, though. I know it's a terrible thing to say, but I think she's become too nice to compensate for her past and that's causing problems. When she's with me she tends to loosen up a bit, but otherwise she's always worrying about useless things.

Anyway, to more important things (I.e. You :)) with the risk of being boring, I have to ask. What do you like? What are your favorite colors? Any particular food and drinks? What about flowers? Oh, what is your favorite music? Do you like long snuggling or prefer short and intense?

Simile

“Cuddling! Snuggling all day and nuzzles through the night,” Luna shouted, pointing a hoof to the ceiling as she grinning triumphantly. “I must see her, to have her offer me the choice muzzle to muzzle. I will be able to see the truth in her eyes! She’s active from her device so I can follow the link with a locator spell and appear several meters above, then appear behind her for a surprise interview.

You don't waste time, do you? :) I think we should talk about that in person.

“In person? Great, scare her away by being as fast as a stallion. Nice going.”

Cool, cool. There might be a slight issue with that… nothing that we can't work out, of course. The problem is that I move around a lot. Very frequently. Also, I'm not sure how welcome I'd be in Canterlot. I generally keep a very low profile while there (for obvious reasons).

I can try to pass by in a few weeks? Or maybe we can meet in the Crystal Empire? There will be a convention ether and I'll be going. There's nothing to say I can't do other things as well, though ;)

Simile

Luna covered her mouth with her hoof and restrained a loud squeal. “I’d love to travel! Take me with you,” Luna translated into a message and quickly erased it. “No! Bad magic, writing that. Now, she wishes to play it frosty and so shall I.”

You really are a silly filly :)

“Silly filly? Luna, how old are you?” she asked rhetorically then rolled her eyes at the answer.

No pony has called me a filly in a very long time! I'm hurt! :P I guess it's okay if you're the one doing it ;P

You really know how to manipulate, don't you? Okay, fine! I'll try to pass by in a few days. (Seriously, I can't make it any sooner :( )

Simile

Luna selected and wrote her message on a delayed spell, then cast the locator spell and followed it to Trixie, teleporting away before the message sent.

*giggle*

Just look behind you, bright eyes ;)

Trixie turned and looked at Luna, standing tall with wings open fully and a menacing grin on her face. Trixie let out a quiet ‘eep’ and fell into a bow. “ColdLight… Luna! I mean Princess Luna! Please, don’t be mad at me!”

Luna closed her wings and approached the prone mare. “A filly you are when compared to me, now I ask you. Do you wish to court me and not some stallion that may offer you foals in a year’s time?”

Trixie looked up and scoffed. “Ew, no thanks.”

“Rise,” Luna commanded while restraining the urge to prance and giggle like a filly herself, “and answer me.”

Trixie stood and gulped. “No, your majesty, I don’t prefer stallions. Not since I learned how awful they can be when they think they can buy a mare for the evening,” she frowned.

Luna stood taller and her muzzle rose. Looking down to Trixie she cast an air of superiority that sent Trixie’s knees trembling. “Trixie Lulamoon,” she stated firmly as though to pass judgement. Trixie gulped and her expressions shifted between her boiling emotions, unsure of what to do. “I prefer modern rock and roll, long snuggles, and I am free in the morning, so shall we have breakfast here or in Canterlot castle?”

Luna relaxed and lowered herself to Trixie’s height, nearly one-third smaller. “You choose,” Luna whispered to the trembling mare.

Trixie blinked and her shaking subsided. Hopping back a bit she struck a pose and grinned. “The great and powerful Trixie approves of your offer and chooses to enjoy a meal at the castle, as she has no food at the moment worthy of being called a meal.”

Luna chuckled and her horn lit. “Then enter your wagon and I shall take us to Canterlot at once.”

“Wha- right now? You’re serious?”

“Yes, what reason would I have to deceive you? Now go and enter, I shall pull.” Trixie hesitantly made her way to the back of her wagon and entered, peeking out the side window. “Now, I strongly suggest you hold onto something and secure loose items right away,” she said mirthfully as she hitched herself to the wagon and stomped her hooves.

“Ah, like old times traveling when I was young,” Luna opened and began flapping her wings while starting to trot ahead, pulling the wagon with ease. By the eighth step she was airborne and turning towards Canterlot.

Trixie poked her head from the window and looked around. “Wow, Princess Luna, it’s really nice up here and the sky is amazingly beautiful,” she shouted ahead.

“Thank you, I appreciate the compliment.”

Trixie gulped. “I meant in your mane.”

The wagon waggled slightly as Luna lost balance at the comment. She looked back to see the blushing mare in the wagon gasp and pull her head inside with a slam of the window. Luna felt her cheeks warm in the cold night and smiled. “Then I shall make haste so that she may compliment me more.”

With a flash of her horn and flap of her wings space seemed to warm around them as the shot through nearly the fabric of reality itself, ending miles above Canterlot. Dipping low and diving quickly she heard rattling and screaming from inside the wagon before she leveled and descended at a better pace to the castle gardens.

A thunderous boom shook the mountain and sent objects falling inside houses and the castle as she landed. “What was that?!” Trixie shouted as she leapt from the wagon once it was on solid ground but before it had stopped moving.

“I don’t know the name for it, but I called it ‘shatter sound’ when I was younger. Oh,” she looked around at the city that was stirring in the night, “I guess it was always during the day that I’d done that.”

Luna shrugged and unhitched herself. “Either way, let me show you to the room you’ll be staying in for the evening.”

Trixie stumbled and shook her head, an empty pie pan fell from her mane and she looked at it, then walked over it, leaving a shoe print on it as she followed Luna.

“Wow, the castle’s really nice. And quiet. Echo!” she called as her hooves clopped with her. The voice replied twice and she grinned.

“Ah, the old shouting games I used to play as well. I was always fond of this one,” Luna inhaled and shouted. “Fus-ro-dah!” The reply was a quiet whimper that was followed with the word “Okay.”

Trixie looked at Luna. “You’re kinda weird and I like that, too.”

Luna simply smirked and they continued in silence until they reached a large door that opened itself as they approached. “Wow, swanky setup Princess,” Trixie trotted into the room and looked around the room and took in the lunar theme.

“Thank you, it’s mine,” Trixie froze on the spot and only her ears moving told of her consciousness. “You may sleep here and I’ll return in the morrow for our first meal together.”

With that, Luna moved beside Trixie and nuzzled her neck briefly before she left the room and the door closed. “Guards, make sure my room is staffed and the mare within has… nearly all her needs met.”

Trixie’s legs gave out and she lay her head on her forelegs. “I must’ve eaten some rotten yams. This’ a hallucination. I’ll pass out and wake up with the runs and back in my wagon and,” she yawned, “this’ll just be a crazy dream.”

Comments ( 2 )

More?

This is rather abrupt but still fun.
Upvoted.

Login or register to comment