• Published 8th Nov 2017
  • 1,173 Views, 9 Comments

Realizations: Cycle 1 - Jaycren



"You Don't Love Someone Because They Have a Fancy Car or House, You Love Them Because They Sing a Song Only You Can Hear" Oscar Wilde

  • ...
 9
 1,173

Rough Diamonds - Diamond Tiara: Always a Woman

Author's Note:

I expect some complaints about this one. I always thought something was going on here. Feather is to often involved or alongside Diamond within the show for this to be nothing. Still if you happen to think I am full of Bantha-podo then by all means share that with me and tell me why. Go ahead be as harsh as possible that’s honesty. Just tell me why I suck, because then it’s constructive criticism. However I do think this pairing is adorable and it is my personal Headcannon that Feather is indeed the youngest brother of Bulk Biceps. No real evidence there just makes me squee a little inside. The Song Diamond is singing was Always a Woman by Billy Joel at least before I adapted it. Now it is their’s and I wouldn’t have it any other way

Diamond Tiara glanced around the fundraising event. She moved among the upper-class children and marked those that would play, those that would oppose, and those that where indifferent. Those that would play, she made sure knew it was in their best interests to do so, those that would oppose she moved to eliminate from the board, and those that where indifferent she either kept indifferent or got them to play. The event was to avoid the shutting down of the local Ponyville orphanage, and, hopefully, procure funds to renovate. Another cheer caused her to look up from her schmoozing, and she smirked at the young teen stallion in the ring. Featherweight had filled out very nicely and had taken an avid interest in boxing, he currently was doing exhibition matches against anyone willing. The event had lasted several hours and he had yet to become fatigued, let alone loss a single match. She glanced at Silver, who winked back with a smirk.
"We Must be doing well." Diamond thought, Silver rarely showed joy or much emotion outside of "redistribution of resources." Diamond glanced back at the ring and her breath caught. Feather had been backed against the ropes by Gilda, a female Gryphon known for being vicious. Then she looked at Feather, he was smiling. Gilda charged forward, only for Feather to spin 360 degrees to her right side. Taking advantage, Feather landed 5 punches that sent the much bigger Gryphon to the mat. The smaller pony was again victorious. She hummed in delight to how well his trim, slender, muscled form moved and glistened. Feather looked down and caught her staring, then winked and went to meet the next challenger. Diamond felt heat rising to her face and a shortness of breath, forgetting for the moment the sharks circling, she moved out of Bulk Bicep's Gym, he was Feather's brother, and out into the crisp night of Ponyville. Her heartsong echoing out into the empty night.

I Can Kill With My Smile
I can Wound With My Eyes
I can Ruin Their Faith
With My Casual Lies
And I Only Ever Reveal
What I Want Others To See
I'll Swim Among Those Sharks
But I've Always Just Been A Mare To him

She recalled that Feather had always been in the background, a thin and weak looking pony. He had never intervened in her grudge against the Crusaders, and often he had fallen towards her side of things, always having a talent for what she needed. She thought to those muscles, remembered his days as the school photographer, his stint as student editor, and now being the ringer they needed to fleece all these rich snobs. She really couldn't believe she ever wanted what these pathetic excuses of horseflesh wanted. Ugh they where disgusting!!!!

I Can Lead Them Along
I Can Take Them
Or Leave Them
I won't Ask for Their Truth
Cause I know not to Believe
And I'll Take What They Give Me
As Long as It's Free
Yeah I'll Steal From Those Nobles
But I'm Always A Mare To Him

He, along with Silver had become junior movers and shakers. Silver managed all the funds, Diamond did all the organizing and social engineering, and Feather did all those things that did not fall into the other two's purview. Like obtain pictures to maneuver others to where Diamond wanted them, be the one on the throne so Diamond could move behind it, and do a thousand other things like use his boxing and performance skills to keep the money coming in as long as possible. Feather always knew what he was doing. He was the Gopher, the Stallion about town, the one that knew how to dig up the info that the others needed. He was not bad to look at either, Diamond shook her head, they where just friends right?

OHHHHH.... I've Taken Care of Myself
I Could Wait As I Wanted
I thought I Always Had Time
OHHHHH..... And I never Put Out
And I've Never Given In
Nor Ever Changed My Mind
I Can Promise Them More Then Celestia's Garden
Then I'll Carelessly Hurt Them
And Laugh While They're Crying
A I can Bring Out Their Best
And Their Worst for Anypony To See
Blame This all on Themselves
Because I am Always A Mare To Him

"How long have I felt this way towards Feather," Ever since the school paper incident, Surprisingly, Feather had been amazingly effective in directing Diamond to where the stories had been, while at the same time smoothing over the "Rougher" parts of her stories and pictures. Her and Feather had made a surprisingly good team. But then he had faded into the background and when Pip had won the school election he had faded even more. After she had promised her support to Pip, Feather once again had come back into the foreground. She realized then how his quiet nature had influenced her. Now though, well she really could admit that puberty had been good to Feather. He had blossomed into slender, toned, handsome young Stallion. But having Bulk Biceps as you older brother will do that, even with Namby being a gigantic wuss.

Ohhhh... He's takes care of things Himself
I Can Be What He Needs
Because I've Made Up My Mind
Ohhh... It's time I gave up
But only to Him
Because He's always been mine
I'm Frequently Kind
And to those Noble I can Be Cruel
I will Do As I Please
For They're All Such Fools
And They Can't Convince Me
So They All Should Agree
And The Most They Will See is Shadows
And Lies
For I have Always Been His Mare You See

With her head clear she turned and walked back inside. Feather was her's, and She was Feather's, it was about bucking time she told him. She watched him triumphant, all competitors defeated, she knew now that she had her special somepony forevermore.

Then she saw it, "Feather LOOK OUT!!!!!"