• Published 24th Feb 2018
  • 1,392 Views, 6 Comments

After the Ending - Horizon Spark



What happened right after the ending of the My Little Pony Movie. (Obvious spoilers)

  • ...
1
 6
 1,392

Capper

Capper

Capper Dapperpaws was always a cat of opportunity. Whenever he gets a chance to finally fix his problems, he’ll use every ounce of his cunning wits and suave personality to make it so. It usually works. So here comes these ponies, complete tourists from a far away and better place than Klugetown, and he had to perfect opportunity to fix his problems if he could pull this off.

Funny how things can easily change so quickly. After a whole string of events that came from meeting Rarity and her friends, he was able to help end the Storm King himself, practically becoming a savior if all of Equestria. All thanks to his newly made friends that he almost sold off. It was an opportunity he was glad he didn’t take.

“And…Perfection!” Rarity happily stated as she donned her newly made clothes onto her new friend.

“Appreciate the new threads Miss Rarity.” Capper stated as he flaunted his new black coat and hat. “Certainly hope no one back home thinks about putting a price on it.”

Rarity scoffed at the thought. “Well those thugs back home better not even attempt to take anything from you. Honestly, why would a gentleman such as you live in such a vile and unruly town?”

“Oh it ain’t all bad once you get used to…everything and everyone. It certainly helps when you know yourself around the place.” He took off his hat as he nervously scratched his hair. “Then again, sometimes you gotta do things you ain’t too proud of. I wasn’t lying when I said it wasn’t a nice place for little fillies.”

Rarity groaned as she lowered her head. “I hate to admit how right you are. I can only imagine what you had to do, because going through that city was an utter nightmare! All those horrid and downright dastardly creatures asking for a price of our horns and our manes. I never felt so out of place in ages.” Ranted Rarity, much to Capper’s minor annoyance.

“I mean the nerve of that fish-person! Two storm-bucks for my luxurious mane. I may not know the exchange rate, but I’m sure it’s worth far more than anything they could ever offer. Not to mention just how gaudy the city décor was, absolutely no sense of care for their own homes.”

“Eh, beauty ain’t exactly they’re main concern ya feel me? It’s all about…”

“And then there’s you!” Rarity angrily interrupted jabbing a hoof at Capper’s chest, startling the Cat. “Don’t think for a moment I have forgotten about your little attempt to sell us to that fiend Verko! That was without a doubt the most undignified way to ever treat a lady you…you troglodyte!”

Capper defensively raised his paws. “Okay…I ain’t arguing with that but those last words ya said were a bit uncalled for…”

“I still can NOT believe you would even dare think of selling us to some back water sideshow. To think that you were the only one in that vile city we could trust. And you sold us out just so you can pay off some debt that was no doubt caused by YOUR backstabbing tendencies. Must I go on, or did I hit the nail perfectly?!”

Capper found himself sighing as he took off his hat and rubbed the back of his head. “Listen Miss Rarity, I ain’t gonna lie, when I saw you seven strangers in town all I thought was that I finally found a way to fix all my problems. Completely forgetting that trying to fix them this way just makes more problems along the way for me. And when you fixed up my coat and all that, really opened my eyes up ya know?”

“Hmph, still doesn’t excuse the idea of selling us. I mean, surely performing for someone like him would be considered slavery. Not that he seems like the type to care about such morale choices.”

Capper gave a somewhat sarcastic grin. “Not like I’m friends with the guy, but I heard his shows are pretty entertaining for the most part. He’s got this one guy who can eat a whole watermelon in five seconds without breaking a sweat, and this other guy who can burp the alphabet. The crowd goes nuts every time…unfortunately.”

“Eugh…how utterly uncouth! Only an utter oaf would find entertainment in something like that.”

“Hey there, don’t knock it till you try it right ya ’know? Of course you ponies are just full of class and grace that we folks just can’t comprehend.”

Rarity made a somewhat sly grin. “Sure, then again I don’t have enough utter grace to plaster my face over a painting!”

“H…hey, it’s called taking creative liberties and its still art!”

Rarity just laughed in Capper’s response, prompting him to give a chuckle as well. The two happily enjoyed their time together far from prying ears, but then Rarity sighed as she looked back at the cat. “You must’ve lived such a harsh life to resort to such illegal actions.”

Capper groaned. “More like I’ve had harsh luck. Once were friends with another cat like me long before I came to Klugetown. Long story short, got backstabbed and abandoned, and now I owe the mole a small grand. It was just a string of bad news for me if I say so myself, one I’ve been trying to fix ever since.”

Rarity despite the thoughts from before, still felt sympathy for the cat, and given how he did save their lives, she knew that beneath the con-artist exterior lied a heart of gold. She grinned at the very thought. “Well then Capper, I was hoping to save this for later, but I guess now is the best moment to present to you your reward.”

“Reward?” Capper silently wondered.

Rarity giggled and used her magic to conjure up a small brown chest. She then opened it to reveal a small collection of treasures, prompting Capper to stand there wordlessly stunned at the sight. “I asked Captain Celaeno if they could spare some of their wealth for your efforts in helping us save the day and all. They were happy to oblige after how you helped them.”

Capper was completely mesmerized by the collection of gold and jewels that lied in front of him. A colorful collection of treasures most likely from around the world. His smile couldn’t be any wider. “This is incredible! This is enough to pay off my debt and then some! Miss Rarity I…I can’t even think of way to make for this even if I tried.”

“Think nothing of it darling. All I ask is that you pay off that debt immediately when you get back home, and then you’re free to live out your life like you always wanted. Responsibly, if you would.” Rarity stepped closer to the cat. “Although if I were you, I would use the extra funds to move somewhere more civilized. Canterlot would work wonders I can tell.”

Capper grinned as he took a knee bringing himself to Rarity’s height. He grabbed one of her hooves, making the Unicorn blush. “I’ve always dreamed of leaving the life of a thief for something more lavish and practical, maybe even settle down with another fine feline. Just ya’ll wait, you’ll be seeing ma name all over when I’m done. I’ll even take up on that offer of yours…and I’ll make up for everything you’ve done for me. I was thinking a nice expensive dinner in celebration.”

Rarity chuckled. “Well I do love it when a gentleman treats me properly.” Only for her to turn completely around and flick her tail at Capper’s face. “But you have a lot of responsibilities to attend to before you can ever consider treating me Cat! Pay off that debt and then take me to dinner.”

Capper rubbed his cheek. “Yeesh, talk about harsh…”

“What can I say, I'm just being the friend you need darling.”