• Published 13th Nov 2017
  • 2,976 Views, 11 Comments

i like you: a cliche' story. (but a cute one) - Emerald Ignite



Sweetie confesses her feeling for Spike, and now he struggles.

  • ...
3
 11
 2,976

Chapter 1: the only chapter.

"I like you!"

Sweetie said as she looks at the confused dragon. Spike definitely didn't see that coming. His eyes went wide as he looks at Sweetie Belle's big sparkling eyes looking back at him. And she's blushing, which makes him blush, too. She said something that Spike has been hoping to hear from her big sister. Rarity said that she liked him before, but she wasn't blushing, she didn't give him sparkly eyes. He couldn't say a thing. He wasn't prepared for this. She looks away before looking at him again and asks:

"Do you like me?"

Her cheeks glow even redder. Spike can feel his inside burning and his sweat raining.

"I... uh... I... you... we... uh..."

He couldn't find a thing to tell her, even though all she needs to hear is a "yes" or "no". Seeing Spike like that, all Sweetie can do is giggle.

Spike and Sweetie Belle has been hanging out for awhile. As Rarity was so busy, whenever Spike knock on her door, Sweetie was always the one to answer, saying that her big sister is either in Manehattan or Canterlot, taking care of her business, or she's been called on a friendship problem. Which made him very disappointed. Seeing her friend like that, Sweetie Belle knows she has to cheer him up. So she took him out, eating ice cream, going to Hayburger, flying kites,... each day something diferrent. And Spike really enjoyed the company. This was supposed to be a hang out, too. Until Sweetie said what Spike thought she said.

Thinking back to all the days with her, Spike blushes again. She has been so nice to him. Now she confesses her feeling for him. How can he say "no". That will crush her heart and ruin their friendship. As the Princess of Friendship' assistant, how can he live with that guilt. But what if he says "yes"? What will that take them to? He still has feelings for Rarity. If he and Sweetie Belle go on dating, will he forget about Rarity or will she haunt him?

From surprise to confusion to even guilt, Spike's head was spinning. He almost falls on his back. Finding his balance and vision again, Spike looks at Sweetie Belle who now looks confused, too.

"Are you alright, Spike?". She asks.

"I... I... gotta go!"

He runs as fast as he can, leaving behind a still confused Sweetie Belle. But then she starts to giggle. His reaction cannot be any cuter. She takes a zip on the slushy Spike bought her. Lately, when Spike comes to Rarity's place, he doesn't asks about her anymore, he just asks Sweetie Belle to hang out. Maybe he just gave up on hoping to see Rarity, maybe he just wants a company. "Maybe that's a sign that he likes me!", Sweetie thinks to herself. "But if he does, why did he run away? Maybe he's just shy. Maybe boys act that way...". As Sweetie is caught up in her own thoughts, she takes another big zip.

"Ooww... Brain freeze!"



Today is a sunny day, ponies with cheerful faces greeting each other on the streets, birds singing on the trees and in the air, all making their home of Ponyville more beautiful. But walking down the street, appears a nervous tired dragon. Spike couldn't sleep last night because of what Sweetie Belle had told him. All night long, he starred at the ceiling. He kept hearing the question "Do you like me?". Just a simple question, yet haunting. When he closed his eyes, he saw Rarity, which makes him open his eyes again. And he heard that question again...

Letting out a big yawn, Spike tells himself: "Alright, Spike, you got this. Just tell her that you don't feel the same way to her. But what if I hurt her feelings? What if I ruin our friendship? Don't worry, she'll understand, she's your friend. But what if she doesn't? What if... I don't want to say no? What are you talking about? I mean... I DO like her. Yeah, as a FRIEND! Not like that, there's something else. Don't be ridiculous, you're just getting illusions 'cause you didn't get enough sleep last night. Is that why I'm talking to myself right now?...". Suddenly, Spike stops and look around, realizing everypony was staring at him, confused.

"Uh... Sorry! Keep greeting or singing or whatever you guys were doing". Spike awkwardly smile.

Spike rushes to Rarity's boutique, knocks on the door, waiting for Sweetie Belle to answer. But unlike usual, this time, it is someone else.

"Come in!"

Realizing the voice, Spike couldn't move. His heart pounds as fast as every time he hear that voice. He tries to reach for the door knob, but his hand just doesn't allow itself to do so.

"Come on! Open it! It's just Rarity, you rock head". "I... I...". He said to himself.

Suddenly, the door opens.

"Hello? Is anypony out here?" Said Rarity. "Oh! Spike! What a lovely surprise! Why are you standing out here? Come on in! You know this is a boutique. You don't need to knock."

"O... Ok!". Spike blushes.

He went inside to see the boutique has been filled with Rarity's latest lines of dress. Before, when she was not around, this place would be empty, only with a few dress and a filly lying around, getting bored to death, until her fellah crusaders or a certain dragon came to pull her out of her misery.

"Wow! New dresses! They're beautiful, Rarity!"

Rarity puts on a smile. Her little dragon always knows what to say and is always such a sweet heart.

"Thank you, Spike! I'm so glad that there's always somepony who appreciates my work. Now, Why are you here? Usually, when you come to help, you would just let yourself in. But this time, you knocked. So? Is there something wrong? And, oh my! You look exhausted. Have you gotten your sleep well? Are there something bothering you?"

Spike scratches his head. He's not sure if he should tell Rarity why he came. He takes a deep breath and decides to tell her, just not everything:

"So, there's this filly whom I like, and I need to decide if I should take it further with her, as to be her... coltfriend. But I'm afraid it would ruin our friendship. Do... do you think it's a good idea?"

Spike plays with his fingers as he look up at Rarity who is now feeling very awkward.

"Oh, uhm... Well, I know which filly you're talking about."

"You... you do?"

"And you shouldn't call her a "filly" but rather a "young mare"."

"O...K..."

Rarity look at Spike pitifully. She lets out a sign.

"Spike, sometimes you won't get what you want, but you will just push yourself forward and fight for it. But it isn't depend just on you."

"Uhhh... What are you trying to say?"

"Spike, I know how you feel about me. But..."

"What?!?"

"Let me finish. You are too young for me and it would be weird if you and I go on a date, wouldn't it. Ponies will judge us."

Part of Spike shattered. He looked down to the ground. The mare he admired and loved just rejected him. And he didn't even mean to confess his feelings for her. But part of him knew this would come. He just didn't know it would come today.

"Sorry, Spike. I just think, over times, you would find some filly your age that you like, and you would be over me. Maybe somepony like... my sister, Sweetie Belle, perhaps."

Spike suddenly looks up in confusion.

"Wait, what?"

"Come on, now. Don't you think she's cute. A pretty filly like her is quite a catch." Rarity says as if she's trying to hook Spike up with Sweetie Belle.

"Uhhh..."

"Though, she's been looking for a coltfriend herself, too. And recently, she told me that she's been hanging out with a boy she really likes. I wonder who he is?"

"Uh... Rarity? That would be me."

Rarity's eyes suddenly open wide. Her jaw drops. She couldn't believe what she just heard. She stands there, looking at Spike, who is giving her an awkward smile. Inside, she hopes that he was just joking so that she can say: " Good one, Spike!". But she realizes: Spike is blushing. It's the same expression whenever he's around her. But this time, he blushes because of... Sweetie Belle?

"Oh. My. Celestia! Spike! You've been dating my little Sweetie Belle?!?"

"Well, not really dating. We just hung out. But... Yesterday, she told me that she liked me and asked if I liked her, too."

"And did you say 'yes'?" Rarity asks with shock and excitement.

"I... ran off. Like I said, I'm afraid it would ruin our friendship."

"How?" Now, her face is filled with confusion.

"What if we don't work out? What if we break up? I wouldn't be able to look at her. I'm afraid i might... break her heart."

Rarity can feel the maturity in Spike's voice as he looks so nervous and worry. For a young dragon, he is not acting his age.

"Spike, only to those you love truly that you don't want to hurt. And You don't want Sweetie Belle to be hurt, right?"

"Yeah. That's what I said."

"Then fight! Fight for her love! Never let her go, always by her side! Show her that true love can never die!" Rarity's voice raise for every word she says.

Spike's eyes starts sparkling as if he saw a holy light.

"Wow! Thanks, Rarity!" He says as he runs to Rarity and give her a hug.

"Aww, Spikey Wikey." Rarity says. "You are such a hugger."

- "So... Where's Sweetie Belle?" Spike asks.

"Oh, she'll be here any moment now."

Suddenly, the door bell rings.

"Rarity! I need a favor!" Enter Sweetie Belle.

"Woah! What a coincidence!" Spike says.

"More like plot device." Rarity says.

"What?"

"Never mind!"

As she sees her dragon, Sweetie Belle runs right at him.

"Spike!"

Hey, Sweetie... uh... Belle."

Sweetie Belle giggles:

"You know, you can call me Sweetie."

Spike blushes:

"So... Sweetie, I've been thinking about the question you asked me yesterday. And..."

Spike says as he looks at Sweetie Belle's eyes. They are sparkling again. He dives into those eyes so deep he forgets about time, about what he's doing, what he's saying.

"And... and... uh...."

"Are you ok, Spike?" Sweetie Belle says.

Shaking his head, Spike response:

"I'm fine, I'm fine. Sweetie, emotions are complicated. Boys like me wouldn't understand it as much as you girls do. But we can tell when we like somepony. And Sweetie,..."

His heart pounds faster for each word he says, and the same for Sweetie Belle. Once again, he is caught up in her eyes. Taking a breath, he finishes his sentence:

"I like you."

Right after he finishes it, Sweetie Belle runs at him and give him a big hug. And of course, he hugs her back. Then she gives him a kiss on his cheek, which makes him blushes.

"You're such a sweetie." Says, Spike.

"Awww...." Rarity wipes a tear off her eyes.

The new formed couple now notices Rarity who has been standing there and watch the whole thing.

They now let go of each other, continuing to blush.

"This is so romantic. Rarity says." It can be told as a story, even.

Spike gets confused:

"She confessed her feeling for me and I return that feeling. That doesn't sound much of a story."

"Oh, but you forget all those things in the middle, darling. I can write a novel out of this."

"I think stories like that should only be short ones. How much can you think of, anyway?"

"You have to describe a lot, you know. Like: How the boy feels about the girl, what she was wearing, what is the boy's dream, describe the cafe' where they met,..."

"And I'll fall asleep half way through." Spike cuts her off. "Yeah, they should focus on telling the main story, rather than focusing on small details."

"Each pony has different taste, darling. So, Sweetie Belle, weren't you asking me for a favor of mine?"

"Oh, yeah. The school dance is next week, so..."

"Say no more! I'll make you the most beautiful dress you've ever seen. And I suppose there will a gentlecolt to escort you? - Rarity look over to Spike with a smirk on her face."

Sweetie Belle playfully rolls her eyes: "I WAS going to ask him."

She turns to Spike:

"So, would you like to go to the dance with me?"

"Well, you said you liked me, and I said the same, you even hugged and kissed me, so... I guess I'll say... "no"?" Spike says with sarcasm.

Sweetie Belle punches him in the shoulder: "You're so silly sometimes."

And they all laugh...



Spike goes home, hoping to find the best tuxedo for the dance, and has already planning for a great night with his Sweetie. Sweetie Belle and Rarity work on Sweetie's dress for the dance, and all of them are excited about next week...

Author's Note:

Sorry if I've said anything offensive to other fiction writers. "Each pony has different taste", right?
(hmm... This sounds like a tease for a sequel.... Nah, I ain't making another. Definitely not. Pretty sure. Kinda sure. Maybe. I don't know. Should I?)

Comments ( 11 )

This is too cute to call this cliche' :raritystarry:

Also, FIRST! :pinkiehappy:

So cute! :heart: 👍

Also, I would like to see a sequel. :twilightsmile:

Yeah, I would read a sequel! 👍

This was so cute, and I love at the beginning how it jumps at you, already getting to the good part.SO CUTE I LOVE IT!

:duck: So how was it?
:scootangel: Sweetie and Spike got into a fight!
:raritystarry: No!
:applecry: Yes! it was a real knock down drag out !
:raritycry: NO!
:scootangel: Yes! and Spike used his fire breath!
:raritydespair: Fire breath? Sweetie Belle Spikey Wikey!
:unsuresweetie: It was a really big fight!
:raritystarry: Sweetie you're not singed fried or other wise harmed?
:twilightoops: The fight was sort a one sided
:duck: Sweetie what did you do to Spikey Wikey?
:unsuresweetie: nothing...
:moustache: But Rumble and his gang wont be bullying anypony anymore
:raritystarry: Spikey you didn't!? Did you? Spikey? Sweetie Belle?

:trollestia: I had some little hooligans delivered...Twilight what is this about?
:facehoof:
orig00.deviantart.net/7e19/f/2017/224/6/5/lizard_mine_by_hillbe-dbjuds8.jpg

cute Spike Belle:pinkiehappy:

Cute story, however, the title should be correctly capitalized as this: "I like You: a Cliche' Story (But a Cute One)"

When the moon hits your eye, like a big

PIZZA PIE

That's

AMORE
M
O
R
R

That was pretty cute.

You totally should!!!!!!

Oh. My. Gosh. This is cute. I'm new to this fandom so I never seen this ship before, but I can't believe I never thought of it before!

"More like plot device." Rarity says.

Did Rarity turn into Fimfiction Pinkie then?

This is a very cute story!
But I'll admit I've noticed a few things that could be improved. Mainly grammar and spelling.
Another tip is something I've picked up from other fanfics. Instead of using "she" and "he" frequently, you can try using more descriptive phrases such as "the white unicorn" or "young drake". If you vary that out, it would feel a little less repetitive and flows more like a story.

Login or register to comment