• Published 4th Nov 2017
  • 4,161 Views, 75 Comments

Twilight Keen - Foal Star



Twilight Sparkle obsessed with learning about Pinkie sense uses a spell to become just like the party pony...what can go wrong?

  • ...
8
 75
 4,161

Chapter 7: The Absurd Takeover

Shining Armor was talking to some guards in front of Canterlot Palace. “Now, there’s nothing strange going on today so just do your patrols and make sure you report back no later than sixteen hundred.”

The guards saluted “Yes, sir.” And walked off.

Twilight then teleported in next to the guards and they both turned to her like they had seen a ghost. Shining Armor just beamed a smile seeing his little sister and trotted over to her.

”Hey, Twily.” He patted her back. “Did you just teleport here from Ponyville?”

She turned to her brother and gave him a smile, “Of course, Shining it was quite the trip! In fact, I just came to give Celestia a present!” She then showed off a the giant pink frilly dress, causing Shining to burst into laughter.

“Okay, good one, Twilight.” He finally finished chuckling to himself. “But seriously, what’s Celestia’s present?”

Twilight giggled, “This is, silly billy!” She booped him on the nose. “Celestia’s new dress will make her the prettiest princess in all of Canterlot, and you’ll be the most handsomest prince ever! It’ll be just like a bedtime story!”

Shining was now concerned and asked,”uh Twilight? Are you feeling alright? You seem off.”

Twilight scoffed. “Shining, I’m fine. There’s no need to worry. In fact, I’m doing great!”

Shining sighed and shook his head. “Look, I think you may be under some spell or curse. How about we get you a place to stay and I’ll tell Celestia you arrived so we can discuss helping you.”

“Fun waits for NOPONY, brother. Now, I REALLY need to see Celestia.” She used a magical spell to push him aside, still keeping her smile as she walked past.

Shining sighed again and used his own magic to pull her back. “Twilight I’m the captain of the guard and I have my duties to protect the princess. And I can’t have you see her acting the way you are now.”

Twilight rolled her eyes, “Well I think that you’re boring like that. How about captain of the cheerleaders? That sounds more fun.” And she burst a magical bolt at his body, immediately enveloping him in light.

Shining’s armor turned into a gold and white cheerleader uniform with a Canterlot logo running across his chest. Small frills ran from his waistline and pom-poms materialized on his hooves. ”Twilight what did you do?!”

She blushed and chuckled. “Oh. Sorry about that. I forgot that mares are usually cheerleaders.” Her horn lit up again as the other guard stallions turned mares and with ribbons in their manes.

“Twilight, I’m warning you. Stop this.” Before Shining could say another word, another bolt him him square in the face. Within the blink of an eye, his chiseled body transformed into that of a girl’s, yet still kept the same mane, tail, skin, and eye colours.

“Y’know what the benefit of fun is? No stuffy boring stuff to drag you down.” Twilight smiled as she set off another spell, which made white mist trickle down his throat. “Now. Cheerleading time. No other time but cheerleading time, my big sister.”

“One! Two! Three! Four! Who’s the gal who’s fun galore? Twi-light! Twi-light! Her fun way is always right!” Shining couldn’t help but speak, as she felt her new mouth move all on its’ own. “Five! Size! Seven! Eight! Boring stuff is what we hate! Twi-light! Twi-light, stuffy stuff is what she fights!”

Twilight clapped. “Good job! Big sis! You have fun now. And if any pony tries to come, challenge them to cheer off!” Twilight then skipped off, sending more mist trails into the mouths of the other guards-turned-cheerleaders. “You all just followed my big sis’s lead now, you hear?”


Twilight hopped into the main throne room and bounded over to Celestia, not having any real time to examine the decor.

“Twilight? What are you doing?” Celestia asked as Twilight idly trotted over to her.

The mare smirked. “Oh, nothing much. Just came to give you your new dress.” With a flick of her horn the princess of the sun was dressed into the clashing pink dress. “And now, for the finishing touch…” With a quick flash of light from the tip of her horn, Celestia’s eyes glowed as Twilight’s magical aura connected with them.

“Whee! I wanna play and be a filly forever!” Celestia leapt from the throne and rolled by Twilight’s feet. “Can you get me some toys, Twily?”

“Once we finish talking on how we need to make Equestria more fun!” She lead the child-minted Celestia out of the room, feeling nothing but excitement and glee overtake her mind. Even the more darker recesses that never came out were being washed over by her new mindset.

When they finally arrived at Celestia’s room, both she and Twilight opened their eyes to see a familiar figure standing in the way. “Celestia. I felt a disturbance of chaos magic within the castle. Naturally, I wanted to come and find you, but you weren’t in the throne room, so I came here instead to see if you had been taken ill. Is something wrong, my sister?”

“Luna! How wonderful for you to join us!” Twilight beamed from ear to ear as she slid up to Luna’s side. “Meet the new pretty princess of Playime World, Celestia!

“Playtime World?” Luna immediately felt warning bells go off in her mind. “Twilight what in the stars is going on!?”

“We’re officially re-naming Equestria into Playtime World, and anything that isn’t fun and super-duper is going to be banished. Duh!” Twilight’s smile grew much wider, almost creepy in a sense. “And Celestia and you will be the new super-pretty princesses of that world!”

Luna eyed up Celestia, who was still in the pink dress, and then back at Twilight. ”Whatever you did to her, I am undoing this. And all your other magic. Right now.” Her brows lowered.

Twilight shrugged. “I didn’t do anything. At least, not anything bad.” She widened her eyes and fluttered her lashes, while pulling a halo out of her mane and slipping it above her head.

Luna reared up and shouted in her Royal Canterlot Voice, blowing the halo away and causing Twilight and Celestia’s manes to burst upwards. “Thou shall turn Celestia to normal or face my wrath!”

Twilight just scoffed and let off another spell that hit Luna inbetween the eyes and burrowed into her skull. “Nope! Thou shall turn into the other fun-loving pretty princess instead!”

And in another swift spectacle of magical splendour, Luna bore the same dress as Celestia, but with it being dark purple instead of bright pink. Her hair had been tied back into a pair of pigtails with giant, poofy, pink bows holding them both up. A smile appearede in her face as she giggled, toddling over to Twilight and Celestia’s side.

“Now then, let’s talk fun, shall we?” Twilight smiled as she petted both of the sisters like pets. “From now on, everything needs to be fun. If anything’s the slightest bit boring, it goes away. Second, everyone will have to have toys on them twenty-four seven. Third, foals will get the final say in everything; grown-ups take the fun out of everything.”

“Yes. And we should cast a pretty spell to make babies talk too! Won’t that be fun, Twily?” Luna chimed in.

“Of course, Luny-Moony!” Twilight tousled Luna’s mane and patted her on the back. “We can do that. Oh! And we need everyone to have nicknames too! Regular old names are just… blegh.” She stuck her tongue out.

“Yes! Celestia is a dumb name anyway. Shiny-winy or Sunny Bunny’s much better for me anyway.” She chuckled, putting a hoof to her mouth.

“It totally is, Sunny Bunny!” Twilight smiled. “Now, is anyone thirsty? I kinda am after a super-fun day of making everypony’s lives much more fun.”

“I want a colourful drink!” Celestia chirped.

“Can I have a glass of milk? I want a cute funtime nap, Twily.” Luna looked into her eyes.

Twilight giggled. “Of course, you two. I’m quite thirsty myself, so I’ll have some hot cocoa with a lot of whipped cream while you have your drinks..”

And with that, the three toddler-minded mares walked off, laughing and chuckling all the way as they left nothing more than fun stuff and bewildered ponies behind them.


Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash landed in front of the Canterlot palace, breathless after their long run and fly. They knew that they were against the clock, but their lungs were going to ignite if they didn’t catch their breath.

“Look! Twilight’s messed up the guards too!” Spike groaned and pointed to the cheerleaders in the court.

They all looked up and saw the former guards, now dressed in cheerleader outfits, jumping and tumbling around with Shining cheering them on. “Show your stuff, everypony!” In the middle of her callouts, she noticed the trio walking up to her and her troupe.

“WHERE’S TWILIGHT?!” Spike roared and nearly breathed fire in Shining’s face.

“You mean Twily-Wily? Oh, she’s inside, making Equestria into Playtime World.” Shining pointed. “By now, she’s already given the princesses a super-overhaul and is gonna do the same to the rest of the world.”

“Playtime World?!” Pinkie’s eyes twitched as she looked into the corridor. “TWILIGHT… YOUR SENPIE IS VERY ANGRY WITH YOU!” And without another word, she charged straight past Shining, knocking him and the others out of the way.

The others just stood there, blinking on the spot as they watched the trail of dust Pinkie left behind vanish. There weren’t even any sprinkles or candy-flavoured scents either; something she usually dropped behind her whenever she bolted off like that.

“That’s not fair! You’re supposed to battle us in a cheer-off…” Shining moaned.

“Forget that! Twilight’s turning into a monster. And a pretty mean one at that.” Rainbow Dash shot off as well, with Spike holding onto her as they both shot ahead.

“Mean? Twily-Wily’s a meanie-pants now?” Shining looked down to her hooves and watched as they trembled. “What’s going on?”


They continued their way into the castle and towards the throne room. Along the way, they saw that the armor turned into frilly dresses, butlers were wearing penguin uniforms. The maids wore pink frilly dresses and bows in their manes, and the walls and ceilings had all been painted cartoon-like, with animals and flowers on them. Not one of them made even the slightest smile or chuckle. Twilight Sparkle had completely lost her mind, and this wasn’t fun at all. They arrived at the throne room where they saw Twilight, patting Celestia and Luna; her child-minded servants.

“I wanna make the sun talk! A talky sun is tons of fun!” Celestia nodded.

“I wanna do it to the moon too!” Luna added.

“Yes, yes, I can do all of that for us. Twilight chuckled to herself as she took a list and began writing down all of the plans she had for her new world.

Mere seconds later, Rainbow Dash rammed into Twilight and launched her out of the castle, before shooting through the skies and pushing her into Pinkie Pie, who pulled out a large cushion to soften the blow.

“You’re not doing anything anymore, Twilight Sparkle!” Rainbow Dash continued to bury her legs into Twilight’s body, in an attempt to hold her down. “Those ideas of yours? They’re not fun at all!”

“Says you, you big jerks!” Twilight mumbled through the pillow, thrashing and kicking about and even trying to cast magic to teleport out, but all of the immense strain and bodily contact was making it uncomfortable for her and hard to focus.

“Twilight, I can deal with a lot of things. I like parties and fun as much as the next pony, I’m quick with a joke and slow to anger,” Pinkie Pie started. “But this ISN’T FUN. YOU. AREN’T. FUN. And all of this? It makes you the jerk, not us.”

“Can’t you just learn to let your imagination become reality?!” Twilight yelled, ripping the pillow apart with her horn. “I’m doing this for EVERYPONY.”

“No. You’re doing it for yourself. And if there’s one thing that the Twilight Sparkle we all know and love does best, it’s looking out for her friends; not her own stuff.” Pinkie leaned over and whispered in her ears. “Twilight, I don’t like to say this, and I know it’s going to break your heart, but you are a BIG. FAT. MEANIE.

At that moment, the world seemed to stop for Twilight Sparkle. Those words buried deep into her heart, and new feelings she hadn’t felt began to creep into her. A sense of betrayal, of hopelessness, and of reflection. She looked back at everything she had done, all of the spells she had cast, all of the ponies she had dragged into this, and all of the frowns she had elicited from the rest of her friends.

As all of it began to warp and contort around her, she began to feel faint. Her legs stopped kicking, and she was dropped from the pillowy wall that had crushed her face in. She flopped to the ground, looked up at everyone, and felt tears begin to fill her eyes. She whimpered, then sobbed, then cried like a little baby as magic crackled from her horn.

“Twilight…?” Spike was about to move closer, but then the magic began to encapsulate Twilight, trapping her in a large, pink bubble. Her tears were slightly muted, but they were still there on full display.

Then, the orb began to grow and expand, becoming more and more opaque as Twilight began to vanish from view. It expanded at a fast rate, and as everyone tried to run, the orb simply expanded and consumed them instantaneously. Rainbow Dash, Spike, Pinkie, the princesses, and even the ponies down in Ponyville were absorbed by the explosion of light and energy, before all of them were hit with a blinding flash of light.


Twilight woke up, letting out a gasp as she got up from her bed. She looked around for a moment, seeing Spike gently sleeping in his basket while snoring to himself.

”Was...was that a dream?” Twilight asked as she looked out of the window. “Did I really… do all of that?”

She got up and ran down stairs, thinking she would see a mess made out of her foyer, only to find that everything was where it was. Then, she ran outside and went to Sugarcube corner first bursting through the doors to see ponies being served and enjoying their food.

“Mrs. Cake! Thank Celestia I found you.” Twilight sighed and wiped sweat off of her forehead.

Mrs.Cake blinked a couple of times. “What is it, Twilight? You don’t sound like yourself.”

“Did I… do something yesterday to this place?” She asked, tilting her head. “Something… weird?

“Not that I know of...” she shrugged and continued going about, taking orders as Pinkie Pie bounced downstairs.

“Good morning, Twilight!” Pinkie beamed. “Enjoy your little trip to dreamland?”

Twilight just pulled her into a big hug. ”Pinkie! Thank goodness you’re alright.”

Pinkie ruffled Twilight’s mane. “Of course I am, silly! Why wouldn’t I be?”

Twilight just sighed and hung her head. ”Pinkie? You don’t remember anything about what happened yesterday?”

Pinkie blinked and shrugged. “Nope! Not a single thing.”

“I had this weird dream last night where... I was becoming like you...it felt so real.” She smiled for a bit, then remembered the end of it. “But… I got carried away, and I nearly threw all of Equestria on its’ head. Like I’d turned into some fun-loving villain.

“Well, that sounds like a fun dream! You’ll have to tell me all about it!” Pinkie’s tail wagged. “I kinda wanna have that same kinda dream as well, only I don’t turn into somepony else and act completely different.”

Twilight blushed as a smile crept back onto her face. ”I wish I could tell you, but I only remember bits and pieces.”

Pinkie helped her to a chair and placed a plate of donuts and a cup of coffee on the table. “There. How about you just eat up and relax, okay?”

“Okay, Pinkie,” said Twilight. “I’m sorry for being so weird.”

“It’s alright, Twilight. I think you should just stick to being you and I stick to being me. The world can handle so much Pinkie before it goes cuckoo.”

Twilight laughed. “Yeah, maybe. But things would be a lot less bright without you.”

“Daww... You're making me blush.” Pinkie put a hoof to her chin before she jumped off and helped Mrs. Cake with the other customers.
[Gr[

As Twilight watched her work, she looked at the book with the spell she used to turn into Pinkie. Thinking about the events of yesterday harder, she looked outside to a nearby log fire and threw the book into it, watching as the pages and hardback cover began to ignite and char into little pieces of ash.

“You do you and I’ll do me. That’s how we like it, and that’s how it’ll be.” Twilight turned away from the burning book and went back to her donuts and coffee.

Comments ( 13 )

Wow, what a great conclusion to this story! The beginning antics with Shining Armor were hilarious, and I really was impressed with Pinkie's confrontation with Twilight.

Nice to see that undoing the spell kind of reset everypony's memories. Otherwise I'm sure that Twilight would be in big BIG trouble...

I would've expected Celestia and Luna to put up a little bit more of a fight, but I'll chalk it up to them being caught by surprise at seeing Twilight in such a state.

It was all a dream!?

Oh well, this was fun & entertaining since day one! A shame it couldn't go any longer, but I'm satisfied with the results! :twilightsmile:

9010962
No it wasnt a dream. The idea is that reality fractured and twilight turned everything back to normal.

9010973
Ahhhh I see, so everyone forgot huh? My bad, still tho this was fun since day one! :pinkiehappy:

9010977
Well this is just the start I have plans for Discord and dozens of other crazy ideas. Lol thanks

9010979
Ohhhhh! Can't wait!

Yikes, things went deep into the dump there while having a candy coated outlook on sour desires. A good lesson overall.

the start and middle of this last chapter we're just to weird. :derpyderp1:

got better towards the end] :applejackunsure:

and did Twilight just destroy a book?! :pinkiegasp:

all in all it was interesting but kind of rushed. :yay:

This wasn't perfect, a bit rushed at times and with some errors, but still enjoyable:pinkiesmile:

This was random as f**k but it was good. I'd like a sequel where Twilight remembers everything and she breaks and goes crazy again but this time all of Equestria knows and has to ask Discord for help to let her go crazy but in a safe environment outside Equestria and Discord starts falling for crazy Twilight and feels sad when she returns to normal, but then write a twist but happy ending for them both

11005853
Okie dokie lookie xD

By the way... when does the sequel come out with discord?

Login or register to comment