• Published 9th Nov 2017
  • 3,842 Views, 45 Comments

The Equestria That Never Was - desertbat



What if you had the opportunity to go to Equestria and realized, too late, that it wasn't what you dreamed of? That it was nothing more than an elaborate illusion.

  • ...
12
 45
 3,842

Chapter 9 - A Night of Embracing

Princess Twilight Twinkle had sent us to two separate bedrooms. She told Discord to sleep in one, and, while blushing, said the other was for Violet and me. I could hear Twilight whisper something to Violet while I entered our room. "You're a lucky mare, you know. He was willing to get hurt if it meant keeping you safe. I hope I can find a sweet stallion like him someday."

"Hey, you're the princess," Violet encouraged, "you'll find a strong knight in shining armor before you know it." With that, she walked into the room with me.

"Have a good night, you two," Twilight said outside the door, "and be prepared for a rough day of training. My sister and Tempest are not going to go easy on you two."

As she left, we looked at each other with a bit of concern. "I hope you're alright tomorrow. I'm kind of worried about you."

I didn't get a response and found myself tackled on the bed and given a passionate kiss. "Don't worry so much, sweetie. Your mare will be tough for her brave stallion." She winked at me and we both just laid there in bed - not sure how to turn off the bright orbs.

We stayed in place and remained silent for about five minutes before I finally got annoyed. "Okay, this is getting ridiculous," I groaned, "how do we dim the lights so we can sleep?"

"Hey, Dessie, aren't you able to see in the dark?" Violet questioned. "How does it make a difference for you?"

I couldn't help but laugh at that question. "I can still fell the lights shining in my eyes, babe. While I can see in the dark, the darkness feels better in my eyes."

"That's so cool," she exclaimed, "I wish we were both bat ponies. It would have been fun to see in the dark together,” she began to blush and look away at the next statement, “and I would have loved to wrap you in my wings."

The door suddenly swung open and we saw Discord standing there. "Oh, gag. You two get a little too lovey-dovey sometimes."

"Don't tell me you don't want to be like that with Posey, you old goat-snake." Violet teased. Discord seemed to turn a little red and it caused Violet and me to laugh uncontrollably.

“I don’t see the humor in this.” Discord said, crossing his arms and pouting.

“Okay, okay. I’m sorry, I'll stop now.” Violet announced out of breath. “So, what seems to be the problem, Discord?"

Discord collected himself before speaking up. "Well, if you must know, while I was spy...overhearing you outside the door, I heard you mention that you didn't know how to turn off the bright orbs. I figured I would solve that for you."

I sprang from up ecstatically upon hearing that. "Thanks, dude, that would really help us out. What do we do?" Using his talon, he flicked a switch on the wall and the orbs turned a midnight blue. They were dark enough to be relaxing in my eyes but light enough for someone like Violet to still see if she needed to. "Oh," I said in a little embarrassment, "that makes sense."

"Now goodnight you two. I hope things go well for you both. I'll come by and check on you both during your training." The door closed, leaving me and Violet alone again.

"Well, I guess we should get some sleep, huh? By the way, Dessie, I know it sounds strange, but can I ask for something?"

She looked a little nervous as if she thought I wouldn’t be happy with if she asked. I held out my hoof and gave her a great big smile. "It never upsets me when you ask for something, Violet. What would you like?"

She still kind of shuffled around bashfully, but she eventually asked me. "Well, first, I want to know if I can still call you Angelo in private? As much as I love calling you Dessie, I at least want to call you by your beautiful name,” I nodded my head and she gratefully hugged me. She turned bright crimson and looked away from me again for her next question. "Secondly, can you wrap your wing around me tonight? I missed you so much and with the number of times we almost died since we got here, I really want someone I love to hold me right now. That, and I really want to know how it feels to cuddle with a boyfriend that's seems so warm and fuzzy."

My face turned red from that last comment, but I quickly gave her a peck on the lips, which gave her my answer. That night felt really nice. I felt warm wrapping myself around her, her comfy mane on my face was amazing, and I could feel that she enjoyed every moment of that. "You know, Violet. No matter what happens to us in the future, I want you to know that I will always do what I can to comfort you. I love you, my precious mare." She giggled as I kissed her neck.

“And I love you too, Angelo Rojo.” She got as close to me as she could and I was in bliss. Not only was she comfortable, but I didn’t realize how nice it was to have her use my real name. After that, we both felt sleep take us away.