• Published 5th Nov 2017
  • 354 Views, 7 Comments

Friends With a Spy - cakestealer



Vinyl, Octavia, and Derpy may learn some interesting things about each other.

  • ...
 7
 354

Chapter 23 : Invasion of Privacy

At home Vinyl was in her room and Octavia was on the couch with Derpy. Octavia was watching TV, clicking through the channels trying to find something interesting to watch. She saw news, cartoons, dramatic looking movies, and shopping channels.

Ugh I’m so bored. There’s nothing to watch. It’s all boring junk.

Derpy suddenly looked at Octavia and said, “I just got a message from P.O.N.E. Oh, speaking of which I forgot to tell you and Vinyl what happened at the arcade in the restroom. Basically, I went in to fix my hair and I heard a noise behind me and I whipped around and got attacked by some random mare. She ended up knocking herself out by slamming into the sink. Well, I mean, I tripped her when she charged at me but what can I say, she was trying to electrocute me. Oh yeah, she had an electric horseshoe thing too.”

“You got attacked again!”

“Yeah, but don’t worry about it.”

“Derpy, I’m worried! I doubt that it’s common to be attacked twice in a week. Or once for that matter!”

“Well, it isn’t exactly something that happens normally but let’s just see what this message has to say.”

Derpy opened up the message and started reading.

“Dear Ms. Hooves, we currently have taken the attacker prisoner and are trying to ask her what’s going on. Obviously, we suspect she is from Project R.G.R. Anywho, we are worried about your safety, as this has been the second time you have been attacked in a week.”

“I told you!” Octavia said.

“Fine Octavia, it’s a little bit worrying. Anyway back to the letter. Since you have been attacked so often we recommend that you don’t make any more big moves. Try not to attract any attention. We will inform you of any more information we can find. Farewell for now Ms. Hooves.”

“Derpy, does breaking into somepony’s store and searching around count as a big move? It sure seems a little risky to me. Which is why I don’t think we should do it.”

“Octavia, as I said, don’t worry about it. Everything will be fine as long as you and Vinyl stick with me. I should probably go explain the situation to Vinyl since I didn’t tell her either.” Derpy got up and walked upstairs. Octavia heard her open a door and then close it.

She’s so stubborn. How do I convince her that this is dangerous. I don’t want anything to happen to her or Vinyl. We need to stick together tonight. I better remind her and Vinyl later.

Octavia walked to the refrigerator and pulled out a glass of cold water. Down the water went.

This is going to be one heck of a night.

Later Octavia, Vinyl, and Derpy were getting ready to go break into the metal shop. They each had black clothing and a mask. Derpy had a black duffel bag she was bringing incase they needed to bring something big back home. On one side of the room was Vinyl who was smiling like she was about to DJ for a massive party. On the other side of the room was Octavia who was sitting silently and looking very nervous.

“Okay, I’m ready to go how about you guys?” Derpy asked.

“I’m ready!” Vinyl cheered.

Derpy looked towards Octavia who gulped and nodded.

“Octavia don’t worry about it, everything should be fine. As long as we stick together we can all work together to take down whatever comes our way. Now come on.”

Derpy opened the door and walked out followed by Vinyl and lastly, Octavia. They entered the cold darkness of night and looked around.

“We’re going to need to stick to back alleys to avoid attention.” Derpy said.

“I gotcha.” Vinyl replied.

Instead of going out into the street Derpy turned around and walked to the side of their house by the wagon. Once she saw that Vinyl and Octavia had followed she kept going into the street over.

“We should also probably avoid the main street.” Derpy joked.

They silently walked up the street being careful to not attract any attention. Vinyl looked this way and that checking for anypony who might be watching out a window or coming home from work late. She striked a pose with her leg out and hoof in the air, trying to look intimidating. She ran to catch up with Derpy and Octavia. Octavia slowly followed closely behind Derpy.

What are we going to do if somepony sees us? I knew this was a bad idea.

Derpy peeked around the corner of the intersection with the side street, making sure that nopony was there. She raised her hoof and signalled to follow her. They ran across the street to the next stretch of buildings. They ever so slowly made their way closer and closer to the metal shop. Once they had finally gotten to around where it was Derpy and Vinyl were both looking all around checking to see if anypony happened to be watching, or perhaps, watching on purpose. They went around the corner, crossing into the main street where the metal shop was located. The bright light of the corner street lamp shined on a certain spot on the ground which they made sure to avoid. Once they reached the front of the shop Derpy signaled for Vinyl and Octavia to wait. She went to the window and peeked inside. Apparently she didn’t see anything because she waved her hoof for Vinyl and Octavia to join her. Octavia’s teeth were chattering. Derpy reached into the duffel bag and pulled out something Octavia couldn’t see.

What was that? Wait, what is Derpy doing? Why is she sticking that thing in the door? Oh, it’s probably a lockpick or some tool she has to unlock the door.

Sure enough the door slowly opened. Derpy stepped inside, followed by Vinyl. Octavia hesitantly stepped into the building last.

“Shut the door.” Whispered Derpy.

Octavia pulled on the door handle and the door swung shut. Derpy sighed.

“Whew, we made it in. Okay, now that we’re here I’m going to take out my flashlight to provide some light. If you see anything suspicious let me know.”

Derpy pulled out a flashlight and clicked it on.

“This is so cool!” Vinyl whispered.

Octavia glared at her but Vinyl didn’t notice. They all started searching for something. Octavia started looking through a desk.

Okay, anything here? Ruler, protractor, bill for tools. Nothing very important.

All of the sudden Vinyl whisper yelled, “Hey guys! I found a blueprint!”

Derpy and Octavia walked over to Vinyl who was indeed holding up a blueprint. She set it down on a table so they could see. The blueprint looked like a diagram of a pony.

“It’s a… pony?” Derpy questioned.

“Wait, no! Look at the labels! Gears, battery, motherboard, Oh my celestia it’s a robot!” Vinyl said softly.

“A robot!”

“Yeah, like the one’s that take over all of Equestria in the movies! Look, it says here it has guns!”

Suddenly a voice came out of the shadows, “Well, well, well, it’s a robot is it?”