• Published 5th Nov 2017
  • 353 Views, 7 Comments

Friends With a Spy - cakestealer



Vinyl, Octavia, and Derpy may learn some interesting things about each other.

  • ...
 7
 353

Chapter 15 : Further Investigation

Cherry Charm had taken the intruder who had tried to kill Vinyl and Derpy back to the P.O.N.E. headquarters. Of course after knocking him out with a tranquilizer. This left Derpy, Vinyl, and Octavia. One of which had almost gotten herself killed.

Here goes nothing I guess.

Vinyl walked down the stairs slowly and went into the kitchen. Derpy and Octavia both looked at her. She kept her head down.

“Guys, I’m really sorry. I know I must have scared you both really bad. I regret not listening to you when you yelled out for me to stop Derpy. There’s no other way to express how utterly guilty I feel. I’m so sorry that I keep rushing into things and not thinking. I promise that if I’m going to stay in P.O.N.E. I’ll think over things before doing them. I also understand if I have to get kicked out for my reckless behavior.”

Derpy stated, “Vinyl normally with such actions you would have immediately been kicked out and had your memory erased. But, I begged and begged the administration to let you stay. They finally agreed but said if you do something like this again you’re out.”

“Thank you so much Derpy.”

“Vinyl you almost died.” Octavia said.

“Yeah, I was being reckless.”

“That’s the problem Vinyl. You’re always being reckless. You don’t care. I feel like your apology doesn’t mean anything.” Octavia declared angrily.

“Octy, I promise I mean it when I say I’m sorry.”

“That’s what you said last time!” Octavia yelled.

“I know I keep making the same mistakes and I keep making apologies. I promise I’m really trying to work on it.”

“Work on what Vinyl?”

“Everything! My decisions, my impulsiveness, and… my friendships.”

“Well you’re not doing a good job.”

“I know I’m not doing a good job.”

“Then do something about it.”

“I’m trying Octavia. I really am trying. Just like I’m trying to apologize.”

“Fine. I accept your apology. But please keep trying to be a better pony and don’t do anything reckless.”

“Thank you Octavia. Thank you so much for giving me another chance.”

Derpy spoke up. “Now that you two have made up I have some info for you. Apparently the guy was from an agency called Project R.G.R. Now I sent the guy off to P.O.N.E. headquarters and also told them about what he said. Apparently they couldn’t find anything about this Project R.G.R. but they’re looking into it further because based on what the guy has said it sounds like this could be something pretty big.”

“This guy hasn’t said anything else?” Vinyl asked.

“No, he has resisted any further investigation. Even with these new findings we’ve been told not to worry about anything. Since we captured one agent the ponies at Project R.G.R. are probably wanting to lay low for a while. Anywho I wanted to remind you both that the Gala is tomorrow.”

“Oh I need to get my dress!” Said Octavia.

“Yeah, me too.” Vinyl remembered.

“I already have mine so it’s just you two.” Derpy added.

“Well, I guess let’s go.”

“Right now?” Vinyl asked.

“Yep.”

Thirty minutes later and Vinyl and Octavia were at the Canterlot Carousel. They had explained the situation to Sassy Saddles who already had a few orders for the Gala but thought she could get it done.

“Okay, what do you need for your dress Octavia?”

“I’m thinking something classy but still able to walk in. You know what I mean?”

“Yes, I think I have an idea. What about the colors?”

“For the primary color I’m thinking a dark grey to match my mane. For the secondary… how about a light pastel blue?”


“Can do Octavia. What about you Vinyl?”

“Obviously I don’t want any frilly stuff. I’m thinking something not too long. For the primary color I guess I could go with a turquoise and for secondary a cerulean, you know to match my mane.”

“Okay I got it. Should be done by tomorrow morning. Thanks for coming.”

Vinyl and Octavia left the store and got the burden of getting their dresses off their chest.

“Well that was quick.” Octavia said.

“Yeah it wasn’t that bad.” Vinyl replied.

“She seemed sort of panicked. Don’t you think?”

“Yeah. I bet when she said that she had a few orders for the Gala she actually had like a hundred.”

“Probably not a hundred, I mean if she had that many orders there’s no way she would have taken ours.”

As they made their way home Octavia pointed out a new sculpture at the small garden on the street corner.

“Hey that must be the butterfly that stallion was carving the other day.”

“Oh man, that’s really detailed.” Vinyl noticed.

They continued walking home and when they got home Derpy was sitting on the couch. She looked up and asked, “How was it?”

“It was pretty fast. She said that the dresses would be ready tomorrow morning.” Octavia replied. “What have you been doing?”

“Just seeing if there’s been any updates on the intruder.”

“Is there any new info?”

“No, apparently the guy has just been sitting there and hasn’t talked. Even after they did the method that me and Cherry used. You don’t think he told us what he did on purpose did he?”

“Why would he tell you the name of some evil organization on purpose?” Vinyl remarked.

“How can we be sure that even is the name of the organization? What if he’s trying to rile up the agency to scare them?” Derpy asked.

“I bet there’s an insider at the agency.” Octavia added.

“Since you two are so new they probably think it might be one of you, if not both of you.”

“Wait, so they think that me and Vinyl are insiders working for the enemy?”

“I’m saying it’s a possibly, not that it’s for sure what they’re thinking. Don’t worry about it. Even if they think it’s really you they would have to prove it somehow which they couldn’t since you’re not.”

“Okay, I was pretty worried there for a second.” Vinyl said.

It was almost time for Octavia to leave for Orchestra and Derpy to leave for mail delivery so Vinyl decided she would go with Derpy today. As long as Vinyl didn’t slow Derpy down everything should be fine.