• Published 5th Nov 2017
  • 353 Views, 7 Comments

Friends With a Spy - cakestealer



Vinyl, Octavia, and Derpy may learn some interesting things about each other.

  • ...
 7
 353

Chapter 12 : Planning

Vinyl was home alone again. Since her DJ job usually was during the night she got most days off. This left her with nothing to do a lot of the time.

What should I do? I wish that I could go out and do some cool spy stuff. Too bad Derpy isn’t around. Even if she was she would probably say there’s nothing to do. Maybe I should figure out what to do for the Gala night.

Vinyl got a piece of paper and a pencil. At the top of the paper she wrote, “What to do at the Gala?” After thinking for a few long and tedious minutes Vinyl decided to start writing down ideas for places to go for dinner before hand.

Maybe that pizza place. They have some really nice pizza. Would Octavia be okay with that though? I mean it does seem a little informal for the Grand Galloping Gala.

Vinyl sat on that stool for what seemed like an hour. She thought and thought about what would be the perfect place to go. She wrote down almost every restaurant she could possibly think of. There was one that she remembered somepony talking about the other day.

What was it called? It was like the tasty… something. I guess I’ll just write that down.

After a while Vinyl finally had wrote down almost every restaurant she could think of. She decided a new topic to plan was probably a good option.

What to do? Maybe… dresses? Ugh, Octavia is going to want me to dress nice, I already know it. Maybe I should plan out a dress to ask for. If I do that I can add whatever flare I want to it. You know what? I think I’ll work on that later. What to do then? That’s why I started planning this stuff in the first place isn’t it. Oh yeah! Derpy left me a grocery list on the counter. Thank Celestia I didn’t forget to do that.

Vinyl walked over to the counter and looked at the list. There was a lot of food to buy.

That is a lot of groceries! I guess I know what to do now. This should keep me occupied for a while.

With that Vinyl left the house. Remembering to bring the wagon for an extra big grocery load she walked around to the side of the house. There was the wagon. It looked like it hadn’t been used in a decade. She got the wagon and started walking. The market was up the hill from their house which always made it easier to bring a lot of groceries back down the hill. One block, two blocks, three blocks, four blocks, and finally five blocks. She arrived at the market and realised that there was a lot of ponies there.

Oh no. Why is it that whenever I come here there’s always a million ponies waiting for me? If I just act normal then maybe nopony will notice the famous DJ walking around. I hope this works.

Vinyl casually walked into the first row of booths. Derpy always organised the list by the order of the stands at the market. That saved Vinyl a lot of time. She looked at the list. The first item on it was carrots. She walked to the carrot vendor she normally bought from and acquired the carrots. Into the wagon they went. Next up was horseradish. On and on Vinyl went, gathering each and every item on the list until she came to the last one.

Last thing is… green beans. Oh no, why did it have to be green beans? Nopony ever has green beans except that one guy.

Vinyl trudged over to the one and only pony she normally bought green beans from. No beans. That couldn’t be a good sign. Vinyl searched everywhere for the beans and couldn’t find them.

Well there’s no beans. I guess I can’t buy be-. Vinyl stopped. There is one place I can get beans. Nope, I’m not going there. Not going to that place. Ugh! I can’t just walk away now that I remembered. I have to go get them now that I know I can, even if it means going to the… community garden. I’m going to throw up.

Onwards Vinyl walked, slowly back down the hill. She turned left and saw it ahead. The sunny spot in front of her with happy ponies gardening and plants everywhere.

Here goes nothing.

She walked up to the small booth with the red and white striped roof.

“Hi, can I buy some green beans.” Vinyl said while trying her best to smile.

“Yeah, sure. What weight?”

“Um, maybe just a pound or so.”

“Okay here we go. That’ll be 8 bits.”

“Here’s the 8 bits. Thank you.” Vinyl tried to walk away after loading the green beans into her wagon but the pony at the booth spoke up.

“Would you like to join the Canterlot Healthy Gardening Club?”

“No, thanks for offering.”

“Are you sure? We promote healthy choices and have lots of fun taking care of the plants here.”

“Maybe another time.” Vinyl said and started to walk away.

“Oh, okay. Thanks for considering!” The smiling pony said while waving.

If maybe another time means never then sign me up. They’re too happy at that place. Gardening seems so boring, I don’t understand how they can do it for hours and hours just to have fun. At least nopony recognized me I guess.

Vinyl walked home feeling successful. She had gotten all the groceries and even braved the horrors of the community garden. She got home and opened the door. After loading all the groceries into the fridge she took the wagon back outside.

I hope next time you’re used it doesn’t include going to the community garden. Farewell sweet wagon. Until next time.

Vinyl walked back inside and finally sat back down ready to plan her fashion sense for the Gala. She looked down at the paper she had left on the table. There was a note on it that read, “Lock your door next time you leave the house, Vinyl.”

Author's Note:

1 week left. 40957 words left. I will keep trying.

If anybody who actually reads this has feedback please feel free to comment.