• Published 7th Dec 2017
  • 658 Views, 60 Comments

The Book Of Friendship - XombieSlayr



Join Starlight and Trixie as they read through the legendary Book of Friendship, an ancient tome filled with secrets that nopony else has ever known!

  • ...
2
 60
 658

PreviousChapters
Eclipsa Day Part IV: The Great Feast

"Finally."

This was the only thought, Queen Omnipotence had as she made her way up the large pearl white steps into the royal castle, along with hundreds of other alicorns and guests of the kingdom (who no doubt were wondering just what insanity they had signed on for, by allying with The Alicorn Empire.)

"Finally. It's over." Omnipotence, let out with a sigh. She looked like she had been through a war. Her once vibrant mane which glowed and flowed like a living rainbow, was now frazzled and loose in it's luster. Omni herself was beginning to have bags under her eyes, and her once sparkling eyes were tired and listless. Yet still even in this worried, stressing state, she was still remarkably beautiful. Though she wanted nothing to do with any of this madness anymore.

But now it was over. All that was left....was the Great Feast.

The Great Feast

The smell was the first thing to perk Omnipotence up. A rich, heavy smell of roasted meat, mixed with a choir of sweet smelling breads and fresh baked pies. Omnipotence found herself, now practically galloping into the grand hall where hundreds of ponies were chatting happily as they found their seats.

The mile long table, which was adorned in a white silk cloth, was covered in everything you could ever want for a feast- and a lot of things you'd never thought to want.

There were fantastical fruits that sang witchy, enchanting little songs when you weren't looking at them and fresh eggs with bright yellow speckles that cooked themselves however you wanted as soon as you cracked them open onto your plate. There were oddly shaped pastries and a rainbow of juices in sparkling crystal pitchers. There was a mountain of sweet rolls, that refused to un-stick themselves from the plate, and flapjacks that flipped away from your fork and knife when you tried to eat them.

And at the end of the table sat Eclipsa, who motioned for her sister to join her in the large throne like chair beside her own. Omnipotence smiled as she took her seat, and looked out over the amazing feast once more before she joined everypony else in helping themselves to everything, listening to the chattering conversations as she heaped food onto her plate.

"So, how did you enjoy Eclipsa Day, Omni?" Eclipsa asked, as she telekinetically poured herself some juice into her goblet.

"Oh, um." Omnipotence thought for a moment. "I, well I...."

She couldn't do it. She refused to lie to her sister, anymore about all this.

She laid her head down on the table as her wings unfurled to cover her shame. "I hated it, Eclipsa. I....I'm so sorry." She said sadly. "All this madness, the loud music, the explosions. I know you love it, sister, but I....I just can't do it anymore. I'm sorry. I'm just not...like you."

But Eclipsa only laughed. "I know."

Omnipotence's wings retreated as she now looked her sister in the eye, shocked. "Y-you know? What do you mean you know?"

"I've always known. I'm not blind, I knew how you felt about Eclipsa Day." Eclipsa said simply.

Omnipotence was now very frustrated. "Then why?! Why do all this, every year, making me stressed out beyond words, with all these insane things and the loud music and, and....making me worry about everything?" the princess said, practically pleading for a straight answer.

Eclipsa narrowed her eyes at Omni, completely serious as she said "Because you're always worrying about everything!" she answered. "It's not just Eclipsa Day, it's every day! You are so worried about everyone, and being the princess they want you to be, you never stop to actually worry about yourself! About the princess, you want to be."

Omnipotence looked at her sister surprised. She had never thought about that before. Had she really always worried about everything this much? Was she always so determined for herself and everything to be perfect? "I....I never realized..."

Eclipsa sighed. "Do you remember what life was like back on Homeworld?"

Omnipotence was even more shocked. They never spoke of Homeworld anymore. Why would her sister bring it up now?

"Y-yes. It...it was horrible."

Eclipsa nodded. "Yeah. It was. Nopony had any freedom. No fun. Nopony cared for anypony else, ever. Not even families. I wouldn't wish it on anyone."

Eclipsa looked solemn for but a second before she suddenly stood up from her chair and spread her arms out wide. "But look at where we are now!" she proclaimed cheerfully. She sat back down and took her sister's hooves in hers. "This is our kingdom, Omni! Ours! We can do whatever we want here, we can have fun, we can be crazy, we can have the loudest music, eat the wildest food, we can blow up the damn moon!" Eclipsa exclaimed happily. "We can let go of our past, all of our troubles and worries along with it. This is our home now. That is why we have Eclipsa Day, Omni."

"It's not about me, it's about us. Our subjects, everyone, being able to do these insane things without fear or worry. Things we could never do back home. Because this is home now. For all of us."

Omnipotence was speechless as she looked at her sister, her eyes beginning to tear up. Eclipsa was right. She had been so worried and stressed about this day, she never took the time to actually try and see it for what it was. A day for everyone, including her sister to be themselves, without worry of anyone stopping them or judging them. Eclipsa had just been being herself, just like everyone else was. But she had been too busy worrying about it all, rather then try and be herself as well. A day for her to have fun with her sister, just like they used to.

Finally, Omnipotence smiled warmly as she wiped away her forming tears. "You're right, sister. I...should have realized, sooner. I'm sorry I didn't. I was just so worried abou-

Eclipsa gave a soft punch to her sister's arm. "Hey! I said no worrying, Omni!" she scolded.

Omnipotence rubbed her shoulder as she laughed. "Right. Sorry."

Eclipsa smiled warmly at her sister as she put a hoof around her, bringing their faces together in a hug. "Happy Eclipsa Day, sis." she said happily.

Omnipotence smiled back as she too wrapped her hooves around her sister. "Happy Eclipsa Day to you too, dear sister."

And so, Eclipsa Day came to an end once more, but Omnipotence had learned a great deal more then she ever had on the holiday. About herself. About her sister. And that it was okay to let go of the regal, queenly attitude every now and again, and just have fun with her chaotic, possibly insane sister, just like they did on their homeworld.

Eclipsa Day was loud, destructive, chaotic and ruthless in it's goal to drive you up a wall, if not into a mental institution.

And there was no holiday, Omnipotence now treasured more.

THE END

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 10 )

Okay, that was cute.

8638212
Like, good cute? Like a puppy sleeping in a slipper that's too small for him? Or like sarcastic cute? Like a sarcastic puppy sleeping in a sarcastic slipper that's too small for him? :pinkiesmile:

Just curious, but how many chapters is this planned to be?
Because I have it in my read later list, but I'd rather not start reading it if it's almost finished.

9085061
My original scope was around 100 chapters. I plan on adding more to it come the next NaPoWriMo!

If you are planning on reading it, I will warn you: It's pure randomness given readable form. It's not for everyone, and it's perfectly fine if you like or hate it. Just glad to know people are still interested in even reading it after all this time. :pinkiesmile:

9085528
All right then

Just curious, but is this fully complete, or is it the kind of complete that allows for additional chapters later on, since this is more of an anthology than anything else?

9612412
The kind of complete that allows for additional chapters later on :)

It's been a while, but I have no shortage of ideas for The Book Of Friendship; and I DO plan on getting back to it at some point. It's just a matter of planning out things first. I am glad to know people are still interested in it, even though I can't say it's the best thing I've ever written (But it certainly is the craziest. I just hope that can be a good thing.)

9614213
That's what I figured, but I felt like double checking anyway

Login or register to comment