• Published 7th Dec 2017
  • 659 Views, 60 Comments

The Book Of Friendship - XombieSlayr



Join Starlight and Trixie as they read through the legendary Book of Friendship, an ancient tome filled with secrets that nopony else has ever known!

  • ...
2
 60
 659

PreviousChapters Next
Before Hearths Warming

(As snow falls on Ponyville, on Hearths Warming Eve, Starlight takes a moment from the celebrations to write a new entry in her journal regarding what it was like before Hearths Warming, as the book tells her just that in its latest chapter. She dips her quill in ink, and scribbles down her title. Trixie sits next to her as she writes, clad in an all-too-fluffy holiday sweater.)

Starlight's Journal: Before Hearths Warming

Hearths Warming is the most wonderful time of the year. A time when ponies of all walks of life, come together to celebrate not just the founding of our country, but the feelings of family, kindness and generosity towards all. A time when we all give thanks to what we have, and a way of looking forward to what the next year holds for us.

So, this begs the question: What was it like before Hearths Warming?

For The Alicorn Empire was founded thousands of years before Equestria would be. Does this mean that since there was no Hearths Warming, that these same feelings of warmth and generosity simply, didn't exist?

The latest chapter I've read in The Book Of Friendship, tells of such a time. And I'm pleased to say that, even though it wasn't Hearths Warming, the magic of the season has never changed. Ponies have always shared this generosity, even before Hearths Warming.

The Festival Of Lights

Before there was Hearths Warming, The Alicorn Empire celebrated "The Festival Of Lights," a once a year winter event where all ponies and races allied with the Alicorn Empire would journey to The Great Alicorn City and take part in a grand festival celebrating the unity of their kingdoms and the generosity they convey towards one another. They would exchange gifts, tells stories by the fire, and play all manner of games, under a magical display of auras and shifting colors that would light up the night sky all across the continent, that would have been cast by both Omnipotence and Eclipsa to last the entire night, only to fade away with the rise of Omnipotence's morning sun.

There was also a grand ball in the royal palace of Aliaewah, where indeed, for the only time a year, ALL would be welcomed through its gates. For this one magical night, the citizens of the Alicorn Empire, great and small, could take special ferries up into the clouds and set hoof within the halls of there Holy land of Aliaewah, where there goddesses lived. Nopony would miss an opportunity like that.

The ball was much like the Grand Galloping Gala, except there were thousands more in attendance, and the night would end with a grand feast, fit to feed a nation (or several.) All of which would be accompanied by a speech made to their subjects by Queen Omnipotence and Eclipsa, thanking them all for being there and to look forward to another amazing year.

And even more remarkable, apparently this was also the ONE time of year where Eclipsa was on her very best behavior, without swearing, insulting others and even being courteous and well mannered.

Of course this was only because, the day after, she would be allowed to be as crazy and unpredictable as she wanted, but only once she was back in her own kingdom (as they had grown used to their rulers insanity.) This dark day would be known as "Eclipsa Day."

I have no idea what "Eclipsa Day" was like but according to the book, one year on Eclipsa Day, she replaced the color red with a Buffalo.

The other year she made it illegal to blink. EVER.

And one other year, she launched every dragon into space. (They were returned to the planet without her knowing.)

Perhaps that'll be the subject of my next entry.

For now, I'll end my entry here, as it's Hearths Warming Eve, and I promised Pinkie that we wouldn't miss her annual Hearths Warming Present Palooza.

PInkie Promised.

I will not be breaking it anytime soon...

Until my next entry, Happy Hearths Warming Eve to whoever is reading this, and may your new year be the happiest one.

PreviousChapters Next