• Published 7th Dec 2017
  • 656 Views, 60 Comments

The Book Of Friendship - XombieSlayr



Join Starlight and Trixie as they read through the legendary Book of Friendship, an ancient tome filled with secrets that nopony else has ever known!

  • ...
2
 60
 656

PreviousChapters Next
Friendship Quest VIII: The Dragon's Temple

Summary

Our heroes enter The Dragon's Temple and brave its many dangers on their quest to finding the Heralds of The Manticore.

Let's Quest!

You find yourself at the entrance to the headquarters of The Heralds Of The Manticore, a crumbling stone temple in the Doorest. Lord Borax and his beautiful Pegasus Assisstant, Siren Song, still accompany you on your quest.

*For the friendliest of reasons, Savvy suddenly swims over and wraps Lord Borax in a warm hug. He hugs her back, and they continue on. Siren Song gives Savvy a jealous look, as her cheeks turn a faint shade of red.

You see the entrance, its a heavy stone door, that is firmly shut.

*Siren Song uses her Magical Voice to sing a song that magically unseals and opens the door. It works and the doors slowly swing open and you all walk inside. Lord Borax pats Siren Song on the head and tells her she did great. She blushes immensely as he does that.

Inside you see four doors. One on the left wall, one on the right and two directly on the far wall. Between them is a small stone button.

After talking it over you all decide to go through the left door. You enter into a blue, egg shaped room. In the middle of the room is a small pedestal baring a large majestic dragon egg. Sprinkles goes and plucks it off the pedestal, easily avoiding the spikes that shoot up from the floor, and returns to the group. You exit the room with the egg.

You press the button and the door on the right slowly grinds open. You enter through it into a Diamond shaped room. On either side of the room you see another larger metal door, that opens without warning. You all cautiously enter through it. The walls are carved of designs of dragons as a massive skylight can be seen 200 feet above you.

You enter through the other door, and are now in a massive stone dome of a chamber. A large statue of a dragon curled up on a stone throne dominates the room. It looks directly at a silver pedestal.

*Magelight takes the egg and puts it on the pedestal. The dragons eyes start glowing as its stone mouth rumbles open and electricity crackles in its mouth before firing a concentrated beam of lightning directly at the egg. Sparks fly as magical energy envelopes the egg, and you see a blue baby dragon hatch from the egg, and growing, and growing into a massive sized blue dragon. It unleashes an ear splitting roar as it tests out its wings and limbs. But then out of the pits rises the final Arcane Horror, a pitch black eldritch abomination, that lashes its tentacles at you.

*Strudel pulls out her axe and charges at the Arcane Horror, slashing a great gash into its flesh, dealing 22 damage. White Ichor spills from its wound onto the floor.

*Sir Awesome draws her magic sword and cleaves the horror down its large, bulbous eye, dealing a boosted 19 damage.

The horror lashes out and hits Sir Awesome with its tentacle, dealing 9 damage.

*Treeminder heals Sir Awesome's wound, and she regains 9 health.

*Siren Song uses her Magical Voice to sing a song that greatly enhances Lord Borax's power, as he goes into a Wizard Rage, his eyes glow red as his body hulks out, and he charges at the horror, and Delivers an unbelievably powerful magically charged punch right through the horror's body. The horror shudders in the air as it falls dead to the floor and dissolves into a pile of black ashes.

The Blue Dragon gives you a thumbs up, before it slowly saunters out of the room, and launches into the air through the skylight. It flys off into the sky.

The large dragon statue moves aside, and you see a large ornate door of gold and jewels. A strange keyhole can be seen on the door.

*Lord Borax attempts to use an unlocking spell but it reflects off the door's golden surface and fades into dust. He then pulls out a large bottle of some unknown glowing blue potion and drinks it down. He lurches and suddenly blows out a gigantic blast of blue magic fire that turns the door into a molten slag of burning gold, that melts down into the floor and spills into the hallway within.

Our heroes venture through the door and down the hall, now only a mere walk away from confronting The Heralds Of The Manticore.

But.......Find Out Next Time On Friendship Quest!

PreviousChapters Next