• Published 7th Dec 2017
  • 659 Views, 60 Comments

The Book Of Friendship - XombieSlayr



Join Starlight and Trixie as they read through the legendary Book of Friendship, an ancient tome filled with secrets that nopony else has ever known!

  • ...
2
 60
 659

PreviousChapters Next
Friendship Quest VII: The Doorest Of Fores

Summary

Our heroes have entered the Doorest Of Fores and after meeting a powerful and eccentric young wizard from far away lands, are lead through the trials set by The Forest Guardian to pass through onto the deepest parts of the forest to finally face The Heralds Of The Manticore.

Let's Quest!

We join our heroes as they leave the desert behind and venture into The mystical, magical Doorest Of Fores. Massive trees surround you, and carved into every single one of these trees is a large ornate wooden door. Every single tree in the Doorest has a door on it (Hence the name.)

You suddenly smell the sweet smell of roasting meat over an open fire, you can also see smoke coming from a campfire not far off.

*Sprinkles uses Stealth to sneak up into the campsite. There she sees a tall robed young human man in a wizard's hat and robes, sitting on a stump and roasting a magnificent monster pig over his campfire. A beautiful light yellow Pegasus sleeps curled up at his side. Her eyes are occluded by her long yellow and black bangs, but as far as you know she's asleep.

*Sprinkles leaps out of the bushes and attacks the wizard with a tight hug. He lightly pats Sprinkles on the back and smiles, as he scratches behind her ear. He asks who she is and Sprinkles introduces herself and the group to him.

*The Pegasus awakens and asks who all these ponies are and what the pink ones doing hugging her Wizard.

*The wizard puts a hand up and calmly introduces himself. He is Lord Borax Perjorative, Keeper Of The Seven Thousand Keys and Wizardmaster Of The Realm. He is visiting the realm from a far away land. He tells his loyal Pegasus that these ponies mean no harm.

*The Pegasus bows respectfully and introduces herself as Siren Song (Songbird Serenade), Lord Borax's loyal assistant and helper. The wizard invites you all to sit and join him for lunch. You all accept, and have a meal of the roasted pig, along with some spiced cider The Wizard has on hand.

*As you eat, Lord Borax explains that him and Siren Song are visiting the Doorest on the hunt for The Heralds Of The Manticore, who he had seen in a vision in his coffee that morning, that they would destroy the world if not stopped. He then packs a little pipe and tokes away on it. He blows a large puff of magical smoke that shapes itself into a swarm of beautiful birds, that quickly fly away into the sky. He then tells you he would be glad to join you on your journey. Siren Song agrees to accompany you as well. Lord Borax and Siren Song join your party.

*Strudel starts to examine the doors. She sees four doors closest to her, each on a different tree. On the doors, she sees little symbols but is unable to read them.

*Magelight then attempts to translate the runes herself, but finds they are of a much more advanced degree then even she knows.

*Lord Borax takes a crack at the symbols. With Siren Song as his helper, he uses his keen eye and swift knowledge to decipher that the symbols are a spell done in Nature Magic. It warns of The Forest Guardian, the deity that rules over this area. With further inspection he discovers that the Forest Guardian's name is Nutella.

You make your way through the Doorest and come to two massive trees with massive doors. In front of the two trees you see two wolf like creatures. They seem to be hybrids between wolves and crocodiles. They watch as you approach.

*Lord Borax greets them as Mitch and Duncan.

Mitch and Duncan launch into their little tyraid. Speaking in unison they say one of them tells only truths, while the other tells only lies. You must ask them which door is which, but who is telling the truth?

*Magelight uses her Smarts to determine that the first door is the right one.

Taking Magelight's smarts to heart, you all go past the Wolfodiles and walk through the first door. Through the door you can see forest beyond. You enter a small forest clearing blocked by hedges and bushes, you see two branching paths. They are the only way out of the clearing.

*Sprinkles looks down the first path. Its a narrow path surrounded on all sides by tall trees with what look like Joy Buzzers hanging from them.

*Strudel looks down the second path. Its also a narrow path with pink vibrant trees with Whoopie cushions growing at their branches.

*Lord Borax goes down the Whoopie Cushion path, along with Siren Song. You all follow them and arrive in another clearing. Its surround with tangled, twisted woods, and on the ground you can see a small flower.

*Sprinkles waves to the flower and says hello. The ground shudders as the flower sprouts from the ground into a long series of tangling vines that all shape themselves into a beautiful and majestic Alicorn made of nature.

She welcomes you the the Doorest of Fores, and explains that she is The Forest Guardian, Nutella. She says that to find your way to the Heralds Of The Manticore, you will need to pass her trial. You accept, and she asks you which one of you is the most honest.

*Strudel raises her hoof.

Nutella asks her a question that she has a very hard time with answering honestly. But through willpower alone, she passes the trial, and the forest opens up in front of you is a crumbling stone temple surround by trees and shrouded in vegetation. You approach the temple, and know that great dangers await you inside.

But what are these dangers? Find out next time on Friendship Quest!

PreviousChapters Next