• Published 7th Dec 2017
  • 658 Views, 60 Comments

The Book Of Friendship - XombieSlayr



Join Starlight and Trixie as they read through the legendary Book of Friendship, an ancient tome filled with secrets that nopony else has ever known!

  • ...
2
 60
 658

PreviousChapters Next
The Tremors Of Saddle Arabia

(Trixie sat quietly, while Starlight started writing another entry in her journal)

Starlight's Journal: The Tremors Of Saddle Arabia

Something that, admittedly would make an awesome Daring Do title, was also a mysterious event that occurred during Omnipotence and Eclipsa's reign as rulers of The Alicorn Empire. Almost nothing about it is really known, and the circumstances surrounding when it started is also a mystery.

Around the end of the fall months, the desert nation of Saddle Arabia suddenly began experiencing strange and unexplained quakes and tremors, surging out from somewhere beneath the ground. At first they were ignored, but as the days passed, the tremors got worse. Eventually cities and whole towns were in danger of being swallowed by the encroaching desert sands.

In need of help, the sultan sent a messenger to The Great Alicorn City, asking for Omnipotence and Eclipsa's help with dealing with these tremors. In response, the sisters sent their best alicorn soldiers and the captain of the guard, a mighty alicorn mare named Cracker.

The book actually contains the letter that Cracker sent back to the sisters after two weeks of her and her royal guard investigating the strange events happening in Saddle Arabia.

I've copied it below.


Dear Queen Omnipotence,

Regarding our attempts to quell the mysterious tremors that have been plaguing Saddle Arabia....they haven't been going well. I'm fairly sure half of these guys are either dead or insane. All the guards have lost their nerve, curled up on the floor, rocking back and forth and whispering to themselves about "The Voices", like not even trying to be guards or anything. Me and Smoothie have decided that it would be best for us to return to the empire (with the few guards we have left that are still at least partially sane) and regroup, along with coming up with a better plan to deal with whatever the f@#%s going on over here. We will be back on Saturday. See you then!

- Cracker, Captain Of The Alicorn Empire Royal Guard

There isn't anymore after that. Either they never found out what was causing the tremors, or....Cracker never made it back to tell anypony.

I will look into this mystery in other books, but I doubt they will have anything worth detailing in an entry.

Although, I do have a few theories on what those tremors could've been, but I will have to do more research first before I'm able to properly list them.

For now, I'll end this brief entry here.

PreviousChapters Next