• Published 7th Dec 2017
  • 658 Views, 60 Comments

The Book Of Friendship - XombieSlayr



Join Starlight and Trixie as they read through the legendary Book of Friendship, an ancient tome filled with secrets that nopony else has ever known!

  • ...
2
 60
 658

PreviousChapters Next
Surprise's Super Spectacular Party Guide (Ft. Surprise)

HIYA!

And welcome to: Surprise's Super Spectacular Party Guide (With Me! SURPRISE!)

Now, a lot of ponies ask me, "Surprise?" Then I say "HIYA! What's up?" Then they say "How exactly do you throw a party?" And then I'm all like "WHAAAAAAAAAT??"

Turns out, not everypony in the empire actually knows how to throw a party. And I mean a REAL party, with cake and balloons and streamers, and dancing and chimichangas and bowling where the balls are actually painted watermelons, and leaf blowers shaped like giraffes and...okay, we should start out small, I think.

SOOOOO, I'm here to teach you, a citizen of The Alicorn Empire, or perhaps somepony from hundreds of thousands of years into the future (If that's the case, Hey future ponies!! Or aliens!) a step by step process on how to throw a party.

Let's get started!!

Step 1: Pinata

It's not a party till you have a pinata stuffed so full of candy and treats, that just looking at it will cause it to burst open! A PiƱata is a container often made of an Alicorn invention we call *ahem* Pay-per-Mash-eh or sometimes a painted beehive (Don't try it though) that is decorated, and filled with small toys or candy, or both, and then broken using a huge whacking stick as part of a ceremony or celebration. It comes from the Klugican term for "Small Colored Beast with Lottsa Candy In'it" which is.....Pinata. Yay! learning is fun!

Unfortunately it's not easy to get your hooves on one, as they are only exported to certain shops from Klugica, WAAAAAAAY south of The empire. So, I'm going to teach you how to make one!

You'll need:

- Scissors

- Tape (Any kind! Even duct tape!)

- Glue

-Tissue paper in the following colors: Blue, pink, red, orange, yellow and green. Note: They do not have to be used in that order. It'll look pretty no matter what!)

- A star shaped balloon (These can be bought from ANY local party store. Especially mine!)

- Five colored party hats (Any color is fine!)

- One cup of flour

- One and a half cup of water and a mixing bowl

- A paintbrush

- A roll of sturdy string (Sturdy's a funny word! *snickers*)

Here's how to make it!

First blow up your balloon. You could uses a pump, but *Pbbt* who uses a pump, when you got a mouth right there! (Unless your an alien, in which case you probably have five or more.)

Once its blown up, take one of your party hats, place it on the top of the star, and tape it down! Now do the same to the other points of the balloon, till it looks all pointy and stuff!

Next we make the Pay-per-mash-eh. Don't worry if your not an alicorn. I will walk you through this insanely risky and difficult process. Just stay calm and everything will be fine! Okay, first pour the cup of flour into your mixing bowl. This next part is REALLY difficult for non-alicorns, but I have faith in you! Your next step is...pour the water into the mixing bowl WITH the water. I know, I know, it sounds insane but trust me! You got this! Just mix it with a mixing spoon or whatever utensil you have close by. Yes, even that lamp on your desk can be used as a mixing instrument.

If you made it through that, congratulations! You have just created what we alicorns call Pay-per-Mash-eh.

Next, take a newspaper (preferably an old one, unless you don't like newspapers in general) and cut it with your scissors using your magic. If you are not an alicorn and therefore are unable to even pick up let alone use scissors, just come to The Great Alicorn City, and I'll help you! Or ask the nearest Alicorn to you...which could also be me!

Cut the newspaper into 2 inch wide strips. Next, coat each strip of paper with your floury-watery glue stuff (They really should come up with a name for that stuff. Maybe Pay-per-mash-eh Guh-loo?) then take two hooves and gently brush the excess gluey stuff off the strip, before placing it on the balloon. Do this to as many strips as it takes to cover the whole balloon.

Now wait for it to dry!

While that's drying, let's move on to our next step!

Step 2: Cupcakes

What's better then a full sized cake? Nothing. But cupcakes are a very close second! I'm currently the only alicorn capable of making a batch of these yummy creations of the empire. But I'll teach you my recipe, so you can make them too!

I'll be teaching you how to make my recipe for chocolate cupcakes, because those are the best kinds of cupcakes.

You will need:

- 1 2/3rds cups of Sugar (I use a fine sugar, not too fine, but just...fiiiine, you know?)

- 2 3/4ths cups of flour

- 2 sticks of softened butter

- 1 cup of water

-1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa

- 3 eggs

- 3 tbsp vegetable oil

- 4 tsp of baking powder

- 2 tsp of vanilla

Here's how to make em!

First, dump all your ingredients into a medium sized mixing bowl. Be sure to put in your dry ingredients first, so you don't get a big cloud of flour and cocoa in you face.

Next, we mix it up! Now, we alicorns have a spell that instantly mixes ingredients for potions and baking and just when we need to mix some stuff. If you are not an alicorn, or your like me and prefer to do things a more fun way, then just mix it with either a magically powered electric mixer (another alicorn invention) or just use a mixing spoon. If your teeth start to hurt if your using a spoon, then take a break before starting again!

Keep mixing till it's visibly light brown (You know like chocolate!) Scoop any excess batter from the sides back into the center of the bowl, and then mix again one last time.

Now take an ice cream scoop, and drop a single scoop of batter into each of your cupcake cups. Don't overfill them, now!

Now, pop em in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for twelve to fifteen minutes. You'll know they're done when you poke em in the center and they pop back up, instead of sinking in.

After they've cooled off, have fun decorating them with whatever icing and toppings you want! Enjoy!


Now that the cupcakes are done, let's finish that Pinata so we can move on to our next step!

Once your Pinata is fully dry, cut a small hole in it for putting in candy and treats. Next, take that colored tissue paper and just go nuts with decorating it! You can line it up along the surface and make it look striped, or just glue them at random on there! Do whatever you like! Don't worry if it looks a little weird. You're going to be smashing it anyways, silly!

Before you close up the hole, poke a little hole above it, so you can put a string in there to hang it up. Tie the string tightly then close the hole, using a small square of cardboard and duct tape.

Now, all you have to do is hang it up so we can smash it later!


Step 3: Cookies

A wise pony once said "Chocolate chip Cookies are awesome." And then I was all like, "Yeah, but what's better then normal chocolate chip cookies?" and they said "What?" and then I grabbed their face and got real close and was all "Giant Chocolate chip cookies." And then he was all "WHHHOOOOAAA!"

Unfortunately, all the empire has is normal sized chocolate chip cookies. Which is UNACCEPTABLE! So, here's how to make my GIANT chocolate chip cookies, for your party!

You'll need:

- 2 sticks of butter

- 12 ounces of chocolate chips

- 2 1/2 cups of flour

- 2 eggs

- 3/4ths cup brown sugar

- 3/ 4ths cup sugar (just regular sugar, this time!)

- 2 tsp of baking soda

- 1 tsp of vanilla

- a pinch of salt


Here's what to do!

First, combine all your dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Then use a whisk (That's fun to say!) to whisk it all together till its all mixed in.

Next, add the rest of the ingredients and use a magically powered electric mixer to mix it all together till its nice and thick (but not too thick!)

Next, add your chocolate chips, and mix it all again, this time with a mixing spoon, so as to really blend in the chips and the batter.

Now that we have our batter, take an ice cream scoop and scoop out 1 scoop of batter then plop it on a cookie sheet covered with a sheet of parchment paper. Continue to plop (which is also fun to say!) till you have the number of cookies you want.

Now take your hoof and just flatten each ball just a bit, till its a patty, but not quite flat. Now, put em in the oven at 375 degrees for about 7 to 9 minutes. Once there done, take em out and let them cool before enjoying them!

Now that we have our Pinata, our cupcakes and our cookies, it's time for the single most important part of ANY party: THE CAKE.


Step 4: The Cake

If it doesn't have a cake, then it is NOT a real party! Now, I was originally going to feature my super secret recipe for Surprise's Extra Whipplescrumptious 37 Tier Fudgemallow Mega Mountain Cake Supreme....but I don't think you have a 600 sq mile baking pan to make it in, sooooo, I'll be teaching you how to make a much smaller TWO tier version of the cake. Don't worry! Despite it not having 37 tiers, it'll still be delicious!

You'll need:

- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp of milk

- 2 and a quarter cup of sugar

- 7 eggs (But were just using the egg whites)

- 3 cups of flour

- 1 quarter plus 1 8th tsp almond extract

- 3 tsp vanilla extract

- a pinch of salt

- 3 tsp baking powder

- 6 tbsp shortening

- 3/4ths cup of butter


Here's what you'll need to do!

First, dump all of your dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl, then your wet ingredients. Then use our friend, the Magically Powered...you know what? Let's just call it a Hoof Mixer. It's a better (and shorter) name anyway. Use the Hoof Mixer to mix all your ingredients into a nice creamy cake batter.

Now, grease two 10 inch baking pans and two 8 inch baking pans, then divide the batter evenly into each pan. Now pop em into an oven preheated to 350 degrees, and bake the smaller cake for about 45 minutes, and the larger cake for about an hour.

Once all the cakes are done and cooled, decorate them however you like! It's your party after all!

Step 5: Decorations (balloons, streamers, confetti cannon, themed cups and plates, decorative napkins)

Decorations are a HUGE part of any party! without decorations , then it's just a gathering of ponies enjoying themselves....and that's not right! They're supposed to be having fun! Of course there are a TON of options when it comes to decorations. Here are some options, just to name a few.

- Traditional

- Gangster Theme

- Mystery Theme

- Fruit Theme

- Cute Theme

- Animal Theme

- Summer Time Theme

- Spooky Theme

- Retro Theme

-Beach Theme

- Cactus Theme

- Carnival Theme

- Casino Theme

- Zebrican Fiesta Theme

- Luau Theme

- Movie Night Theme

- Sea Pony Theme

- Ninja Theme

- Ciderfest Theme

- Paris Theme

- Parrot Theme

Pineapple Theme

- Pirate Theme

- Princess Theme

- Rockstar Theme

- Sports Theme

- Superhero Theme

- Western Theme

- Zoo Theme

Step 6: Music And Dancing (Surprise's Party Playlist* They are all songs written by Muse)

Music and Dancing go hoof in hoof in my opinion! You wan to make sure you have music that everypony can dance to! Well....I say ,dance but....I think I'm the only Alicorn who knows how to dance. I'm not sure if it's a pride thing, or maybe the wings getting caught on stuff and knocking stuff over, but....Alicorns can't dance. But I'm more then willing to teach what I know! As for Music, I personally recommend my own personal playlist (Available now on Alitunes!) Because all the other music in The empire isn't the kind of music you can dance to, more like....fall asleep to. (Except for Muse's songs. Those are just...perfect.)

As for dancing, here's some dances that even the clumsiest Alicorn can master!

The Flogger
The Garble
The Flub
The Spurrit
The Dove
The Hush
The Gambol
The Daydream
The Zigzag
The Waver
The Buffet
The Jiggle
The Big Beat
The Goose
The Glitch
The Goad
The Slapdash
The Whirl
The Libble
The Squeek
The Siggy
The Twitch
The Mirage
The Maggle
The Faddy
The Swivel 'n Swerve
The Snap
The Bobble
The Shimsham
The Sliver
The Swerve
The Nazzle
The Jolly
The Flub
The Hush
The Skippit
The Melo
The Swoop
The Hitch
The Scant
The Crumble
The Rass
The Folly
The Tangle
The Daydream
The Jiggle
The Chic
The Pivot
The Hash
The Trifle
The Rane
The Flogger
The Scouge
The Tangle
The Thump
The Biddy
The Beast
The Edge
The Flitter
The Wicked
The Chomp
The Kink
The Stripstrap
The Garble
The Tweak
The Spark
The Dart
The Goose
The Swivel
The Toots
The Bulldozer
The Joggy
The Hash
The Bounce
The Leapfrog
The Crumble
The Jostle
The Nudge
The Daydream
The Cudge
The Widget
The Shimsham
The Cudge
The Vigger
The Snipsnap
The Goad
The Goose
The Jump Step
The Faddy
The Jigg
The Bobble
The Spurrit
The Scrunch
The Swivel 'n Swerve
The Sembla
The Jump Step
The Stragle
The Bubble
The Snats
The Libble
The Slither
The Spurrit
The Gliss
The Shift Shuffle
The Melo
The Tweak
The Cudge
The Spout
The Rubble
The Shimsham
The Trifle
The Ide
The Bird
The Champ
The Bird Is The Word
The Squeek
The Mash
The Pint
The Spout
The Melo

And my personal favorite, The Futter Whacken!

Step 7: Food (Besides cupcakes) and Refreshments

Cupcakes and Cookies are amazing! But when you're throwing your party, always be sure to have plenty of other food for ALL your guests! Luckily, the empire is known for it's amazing dishes, and I've listed a few below for you to try! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to list the recipes for these as they are WAY too complicated for me, but the empire has plenty of catering to help you get these for your party!

Gentle-Fried Basil & Mint Venison
Seared Sweet & Savory Beef
Slow-Cooked Vegetables & Lobster
Dry-Roasted Empire-Style Scallops
Pressure-Cooked Apples & Walnut Potato Wedges
Marinated Cinnamon Risotto
Pineapple and Almond Crispies
Elderberry and Honey Fruitcake
White Wine Sundae
Grapefruit Pudding
Smoked Western-Style Yak
Dry-Roasted Salty & Sour Quail
Shallow-Fried Orange & Mustard Salmon
Pressure-Cooked Basil & Cinnamon Salmon
Barbecued Saffron Risotto
Stir-Fried Almonds & Avocado Potato Wedges
Hazelnut and Nutmeg Sorbet
Almond and Hazelnut Fruit Salad
Walnut Cheesecake
Lime Candy
Steamed Salt & Pepper Duck
Oven-Grilled Cheese & Quail
Shallow-Fried Chestnuts & Trout
Stuffed Salt & Savory Tuna
Dried Honey-Coated Nut Mix
Pickled Cocoa & Mushroom Soup
Passion Fruit and Gooseberry Bread
Peanut and Cashew Snacks
Cashew Jam
Honey Pudding

Step 8: Games

A party without games for everypony to play is.....a party without games to play! And that's no fun! There are plenty of games to play at a party, but one of the most fun is Cider Pong! (Non-alchoholic Cider, cause the other stuff makes my Surprise fro all frizzy!) Cider Pong has alot of rules and stuff, and I actually don't know all the rules to be able to tell you how to play. But! I can teach you the most fun way to play!

First, everypony should be blindfolded. Then spun around, then they turn around and throw the ball over their shoulder. Oh! And they should standing on their head too!

Then you hold the ball between your hind legs, and just swing it to where you think the cup is! If you get it, then everypony shouts a random vegetable! Then you take off your blindfold to see how many points you got!

Around stage two, is when we bring out the giraffe! But, that's for another day...

Step 9: Atmosphere

Is everypony having fun at your party? The most important thing about being the host of a party is making sure the atmosphere is enjoyable to everyone and everything at your party! Chatting with guests, asking if they are enjoying themselves, and overall making sure the presentation of the party is fun, exciting and FUN! (Twice the fun!)

Final Step: Invitations

You can't have a party, without other ponies to party your pony party with! Invitations are easily found in stationary and gifts shops all over the empire. But, it's always more fun to just create your own! But before you do that, decide what your party's theme will be! (This is also covered in Step 5.) It could be a fun birthday party, or an awesome dance party, or a spooky costume party or even a party party, or a party that is simply a party for the sake of being a party. It's up to you! Feel free to come up with your own ideas for super amazing party themes as well!

Depending on the theme, the invitations you send out should match the party's theme! So for example, we throw a super fancy dinner party at a Victorian manor unlike any other, but it turns out to be a murder mystery party, then we would have stationary invitations, hoof delivered by well dressed messenger ponies and a carriage to take guests to the party! Have fun with it, and don't be afraid to go nuts with the elaborate stuff!

Anyways, that about wraps up my chapter for now. I know,I know, I'm sad I have to go too.

But, don't worry, I'll be back soon! And I'll be sure to teach you lots more awesome stuff!

Until then, Have fun, drink your milk, hug an elephant and RUTABEGAS!

- Surprise

PreviousChapters Next