• Published 1st Nov 2017
  • 7,738 Views, 289 Comments

It takes a village - Sarcastic Brony



When Anon is left with a child, he must find the strength to take care of her.

  • ...
24
 289
 7,738

Pinkie keen

Anon walks into Sugarcube Corner expecting the place to be packed, but for some odd reason there isn’t a pony in sight. Did Anon forget about a pony holiday? Was it Celestia day? No, Anon clearly remembers Celestia day was last sunday, he even had a party with Rainbow and Pinkie.

“Mrs.Cake? Pinkie? Is anyone home?” Anon calls out in hopes that someone would answer.

The kitchen door swings open and reveals Mrs.Cake. Anon was glad to have finally found someone, but with a quickness that would surprise Pinkie, Mrs.Cake dashes over to him and takes him into an embrace.

“Pinkie told us everything. I want you to know that you can have as much time off as you need to take care of your foal. I know how hard it was to work and take care of the twins, so you don’t need to worry. We’ll always have a place for you here if you need any help.”

Anon awkwardly returns the hug.

“Thanks, Mrs.Cake. I don’t need time off, though. I’m sure I can handle everything. Besides, the girls have been helping me.”

She lets go of him and looks up.

“Alright, but I want you to know that if you need to know something, then don’t hesitate to ask me.”

“I appreciate that.” Anon looks around the shop. “Where is everyone?”

“Given the news, we decided that taking the day off was a good choice.”

Anon hears a loud crashing noise coming from the back.

“What was that?”

Ms.Cake chuckles nervously. “We also got a pretty big order today. We’re going to need to focus to make it all in time.”

“So, should I help?” Anon asks unsure what to do. This entire situation is odd.

“No. I think we can manage. You should be watching over your foal, anyways.”

There another loud crash coming from the kitchen.

“It’s really no trouble. Rarity is watching Faith right now. She’ll probably spend a good amount of time dressing her up... I have free time, honest.”

Ms.Cake looks between the kitchen and Anon a few times. With a sigh of defeat she gives a shallow nod.

“Thank you, Anon. Just don’t work yourself too hard. Rarity can’t watch your daughter forever.”

Anon chuckles. “With how crazy the girls act around her, I wouldn’t be surprised if she did want to watch her forever.”

As Anon enters into the kitchen he finds the place to be littered with various pots and pans. Not only that but there’s a thin layer of flour covering everything. He can see Pinkie and Mr.Cake working on various things. For the most part, Pinkie looks fine, but Mr.Cake looks panicked. Anon wasn’t expecting this much trouble, but it appears that a last minute order came in.

“Where do you need me?” Anon asks as he grabs a nearby apron and puts it on.

Pinkie doesn’t even turn to look at him as she speaks. “Icing. Vanilla, chocolate, mint and rose.”

Anon gives a nod as he walks over to where Mr. Cake is and gently pushes him aside.

“Excuse me,” he says before pulling out everything he needs and starts getting to work.

“Are you sure you should be here?” Mr. Cake asks.

“I’ve got the time. Let’s get this worked out and then we can talk later.”

“Um, alright,” Mr. Cake says as he walks to another station.

Anon and Pinkie are working rather well in tandem as they pass instruments, ingredients and everything else in between to one another. This is normal as far as Anon is concerned. Pinkie can be rather airheaded at times but when she’s making sweets she’s dedicated and focused. It took some time to fall into her rhythm but the two of them have become unstoppable when it comes to filling rush orders.

“I have to say I think your daughter is super cute,” Pinkie remarks as she tosses two mixing bowls into the stove.

“You think?”

“Of course! I love how much she looks like you. I’m sure she’ll be a very pretty filly when she grows up.”

Anon tosses a spatula behind his back as Pinkie catches it.

“I guess I haven’t really been thinking that far. Man, so much to think about.”

“No worries.” Pinkie slides a bowl of flour towards Anon. “Just focus on her right now. No need to think about all the colts that’ll ask her out.”

Anon feels his mind slip some but then comes back to reality as an empty bowl hits him on the top of the head. He hisses some in pain but quickly grabs it and places it into the sink next to him.

“Don’t joke about stuff like that, Pinkie.”

Pinkie giggles some. “Sorry. It’s just nice seeing you so bent out of shape.”

“You know, that’s a rather cruel thing to say.”

“Not at all! You’re so worried about this foal and it’s refreshing in a way.”

Anon doesn’t really get what Pinkie is getting at but it certainly is a change of pace.

“There’s still a lot for me to worry about.”

“And that’s why I think it’s nice. You’re a dad now and already you’re worrying so much about your daughter. I find it very sweet.”

A tray of cupcake slide in front of Anon as he quickly pops them out of their tray and starts to put icing onto them.

“Well, I’m happy to have you girls around. All things considered, I have a lot of great friends to help me.”

Anon tosses another bowl behind him and hears it collide with something solid.

“Ouch!” Pinkie then chuckles a bit. “Well, if you need any help, Pinkie will always have your back.”

Anon feels a smile grow on his face. “I’ll hold you to that, Pinkie. After all, you’ve taken care of the twins. I’m sure you know a good deal about taking care of a baby.”

“It runs in the Pie family.” Pinkie says with confidence. “My sisters are also great at taking care of foals. Especially Maud! She loves foals.”

“Really?”

Anon has met Pinkie’s sisters before and they’re a rather unique bunch. However, Maud seemed the most disinterested in most things.

“You have no idea. Get her and a foal together and it’s like she’s a completely different pony.”

“I think for now I’ll try and get comfortable with taking care of Faith first, before letting too many ponies visit.”

“That makes sense.”

Anon looks down to see that they’ve filled almost twelve boxes full of cupcakes. He then looks over to Mr. and Mrs. Cake as they look over at Pinkie and Anon in awe.

“Um... How many did we need to make?” Anon asks.

“T-Ten boxes.” Mrs. Cake stutters out.

Anon looks to the two extra boxes and then over his shoulder at Pinkie as she just shrugs at him.

“Well, um, we made extra?” Anon then looks over at the Cakes. “Is there anything else to work on?”

“No, not today.” Mrs.Cake says. “Feel free to take the extras if you want. I wouldn’t want them to go to waste.”

“Oh? Sure, if it’s no trouble.”

“No trouble at all! It’s actually really amazing when we get to see you work with Pinkie. It’s like you two are one pony!”

Anon chuckles at that. “I guess we do work rather well together.”

Anon takes the two extra boxes and hands one over to Pinkie. She looks at him with a smile and shakes her head.

“I’m sure you have someone on your mind you want to repay.”

Pinkie is right. However, she’s also a pony he wants to thank for all the help she’s been giving, even if it’s just moral support. Anon takes a cupcake out and hands it to Pinkie.

“Thanks, Pinkie.”

Pinkie’s smile grows larger as she chomps down on Anon’s hand. She doesn’t bite him but it’s super gross when she eats the cupcake and leaves his hand covered in saliva.

“No problemo!” Pinkie says with her face covered in some frosting.

Anon looks at the time and remembers he left Faith with Rarity.

“Sorry to leave so soon, but I got to get back to Rarity’s.”

As Anon walks toward the door and everyone gives him a wave goodbye and a few encouraging words, he knows that as long as he has friends, this whole endeavor will work out in the end.