• Published 1st Nov 2017
  • 7,737 Views, 289 Comments

It takes a village - Sarcastic Brony



When Anon is left with a child, he must find the strength to take care of her.

  • ...
24
 289
 7,737

Birthday p4

After having pulled the girls aside, letting Anon be on his way with his daughter, Applejack told the Crusaders about the plan. Their looks of astonishment never wavered as AJ proceeded to talk.

"Now, I have a list, and I'm counting on you girls to make sure everypony is present for the party." AJ hoofs over the list to her sister. "If they can't come, I better hear a reason why. Understand?"

The three girls look over the list. It's rather long but nothing they can't handle.

"Simple enough." Scootaloo steps in. "We can split the list and get this done in no time!"

Rainbow pulls Scootaloo into a noogie. "Love the enthusiasm, Squirt!"

The two end up play fighting as AJ mulls the idea over for a time.

"I don't see an issue with that, so long as the work is done." AJ stomps a hoof to grab Rainbow and Scootaloo's attention. "Today is an important day. Anon has been running his flank off to make this happen; we have to make sure this day is perfect or as close as we can manage."

Sweetie Belle looks to her hoof watch before looking back at Applejack.

"Girls, we have some prior business to attend to." She calls to them while tapping her watch three times but then returns her gaze to Applejack and Rainbow Dash as they give her a raised brow. "We wouldn't want Faith's big day to be ruined. So if it's alright with you two, we'd like to settle an issue before working on this list."

"What type of issue we talkin?"

"If it's all the same to you, we'd like to keep that to ourselves. But I promise that what we're doing is in Faith's best interests."

Rainbow leans towards AJ and whispers. “Damn... She's got Rarity's silver tongue."

"Tell me about it. You think it's another fight?"

"Most likely, but if some jerk is trying to ruin Faith's birthday, why should we intervene?"

AJ sighs before facing the three. "Ten minutes. Then you get to the list. Agreed?"

The three look at one another with a smirk, having gotten indirect permission to stomp that colt.

"Agreed." They say in unison.

"Now git."

That's all that was needed to be said as they runoff.

"Those three are good kids," Rainbow says with pride.

"They have good hearts, but they need to learn more about talking than fighting."

"Can you blame them? Faith is practically their little sister. If I were their age, I'd pound any pony stupid enough to mess with Faith."

AJ rolls her eyes. "No pony is surprised to hear that. Either way, we need to get to our part of the list."

"Yeah, yeah. No problem."

The two start walking down the street towards Derpy's home. Both determined to make sure this party goes well.


Faith rides on her father's shoulders with a bright smile as she talks about her day at school. For a moment, Anon was reasonably upset to hear about the filly that tried to bring Faith down on her special day, but he is grateful that Cheerilee was able to salvage it without any trouble. Though he can't ignore how proud of Faith, he is for not letting that girl's words get to her.

"I'm happy it all worked out," Anon says.

"What Sierra says doesn't bother me," Faith admits. "I have you, daddy." She hugs his head, blinding him briefly before letting go. "I also have a lot of friends and aunts too. Who cares if I don't have a mom!"

That causes Anon to pause for a moment.

"What was that, Sweetheart?"

"Oh, yeah." Faith grins. "Sierra passed me a note that said I wouldn't be celebrating my birthday with my mom. I threw it in the trash because I don't care."

While Fluttershy looked happy to hear Faith say that, Anon, on the other hand, looks curious.

"Is that so? You're not interested in who or what she is?"

Faith giggles. "Well, I know she's a pony. It'd be weird if she weren't, considering how I look."

"You got me there."

"I also know she left me," Faith admits full of cheer.

"That doesn't bother you?" Anon asks, unsure why she's still so happy.

Faith leans over his head, so they're face to face, her smile as broad as can be.

"Like I said. I have you, Daddy, and lots of friends and aunts. All I care about is that I love you and you love me!"

Anon is left speechless as his eyes start to water some. It's only then does Faith's smile waver some.

"Did I say something wrong?"

Anon laughs as he pulls her off his back and into a hug.

"No. I'm just proud of my little girl."

Anon would've held Faith for the rest of his life if he could, but the sound of something materializing grabs his attention as he sets her down. Fluttershy looks to be recovering from her own emotions, too, as she uses a wing to wipe a few tears as she holds a scroll for Anon. He takes it and looks it over. It's the signal from Twilight. Everything is ready.

Anon looks down at Faith as she looks up at him, puzzled.

"Alright, Missy. We have one more stop to make before your birthday. You ready?"

"Of course!"

"Alright, climb on up!"

Anon quickly gets Faith onto his shoulders and makes his way to his new home. He's certain everything will turn out great.

Author's Note:

Let's get this back on track. Shall we?