• Published 1st Nov 2017
  • 7,738 Views, 289 Comments

It takes a village - Sarcastic Brony



When Anon is left with a child, he must find the strength to take care of her.

  • ...
24
 289
 7,738

Birthday p2

Faith and Apple Bloom make it just as the majority of the ponies arrive. Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle were waiting on the outskirts for them to arrive. Scootaloo has a broad grin as she waves to the two as they come to a halt in front of them.

“I thought you were going to be late, AB.” Scootaloo tousles Faith's hair. “Hey, Squirt. You better be ready for the most rad party there is!”

“I am! I’m so excited. I can’t stand it!” Faith jumps a few times in an attempt to bleed all the excess energy out.

“We better hurry,” Sweetie Belle says looking to a foreleg watch. “The bell’s going to ring any moment–”

Just like that the bell begins to toll as every filly and colt races towards their respective teacher. Faith looks and finds Cheerilee waving at her to join her as they all walk into class.

“I’ll see you girls after school.” Faith gives them each a hug before running off.

The Crusaders stand there for a moment looking at her before looking at one another.

“Hear about that kid trying to plan something against Faith today?” Scootaloo states.

The two other girls lock eyes with her. “Who is it?” They ask in tandem.

Scootaloo smirks as she flicks her snout with the tip of her hoof. “Follow me. I got it all worked out.”


“Alright, settle down!” Cheerilee yells out. “Today is a special day because it’s Faith’s birthday!”

A few ponies clap and Faith rubs the back of her head with a blush.

“How can she even have a birthday when no one knows when she was born?” A stuck up filly asks.

“Sierra!” Cheerilee frowns. “That’s none of your business.”

“It’s alright, Cheerilee,” Faith says before looking over to Sierra. “Princess Twilight used a spell to determine when I was born. It’s basic magic.”

“What would you know about magic?” The filly attempts to mock. “You don’t even have a horn.”

“Twilight told me there’s a chance I’ll be able to cast spells one day. Even if I can’t, that’s fine by me. My daddy can’t use spells, and he does lots of great things! There’s also Aunty Applejack and Pinkie pie who do lots of stuff other ponies can’t do.”

“Well said, Faith.” Cheerilee compliments. “What she says is true.” She picks up some chalk with her mouth and begins writing. “We all have our strengths and weaknesses. No race is superior to another. Because of that, I believe today we will reflect on what makes each of us special despite our differences.”

Faith looks at Sierra with a genuine smile, but a scowl is all she’s given in return. She can only shrug before facing forward and paying attention. She’s not bothered by Sierra anymore, as most of her insults are petty anyway. Faith feels something tap her shoulder, and she notices a colt handing her a note. She takes it and looks it over when Cheerilee isn’t looking.

You don’t have a mom to celebrate your birthday with.

She looks at the note for a moment before crumbling it up and tossing it into a nearby trash can.

“Who needs a mom when I have Daddy?” Faith thinks to herself, once again returning her attention to the front.


“You girls ready?” Anon asks as all of the elements have gathered before him.

“Yup!” They call in unison.

“Alright, Twilight, what’s the plan?”

Twilight takes a moment to clear her throat.

“I’ve been thinking about this since last week and have everything planned.” Twilight declares with pride. “Rarity and I will pack everything inside and set them outside. Anon, Rainbow, and AJ will move what they can to the new house. Fluttershy and Pinkie will unpack everything. Once Rarity and I are done, we will help organize the new house and let Pinkie do her thing setting up the party.” Twilight turns to Anon. “Once you’re done, Faith should be getting out of school. I want you and Fluttershy to take her around town for a bit while we give ponies time to gather here.”

Twilight turns to Rainbow Dash and AJ. “Speaking of ponies. I need you two to pull the Crusaders away from Faith when she’s with Anon. Have them help guide everyone we have on the list. Once it’s all ready, I’ll send a note to Anon. We shout surprise when she enters, then have fun from there. Any questions?”

Everyone shakes their head. “Alright, time's wasting; let’s hurry up!”


Anon cracks his back as he looks up to the sun, face dripping in sweat.

“Why’s it such a hot day today?” He asks before lifting another box and starts hauling it to the new house.

“It’ll get better once we get the AC on.” Rainbow quickly trots beside Anon. “You know it took some doing to get that cloud from my boss.”

“Thank you again, Rainbow,” Anon says rolling his eyes.

“No problem,” she responds with pride. “Anything for a friend. Speaking of, I expect a bit more on my plate for dinner tomorrow.”

“Ha!” Anon mock laughs. “You better watch it on the portions, Rainbow. You’re starting to get some more jiggle on the flank.”

Rainbow blushes heavily as she looks to her rear. “N-No I’m not!”

“Believe me, you are. I see that flank more often than you’d think.” As soon as that left his mouth, Anon regretted it. It’s not what he meant, but it’s too late for that now.

“Heh, yeah. I’m not surprised you look,” Rainbow says cockily. “I got the best flank in town.”

“Not what I meant,” Anon mumbles. “Just, shut up and pick up the pace. We still have a lot to move.”

“Yeah yeah, wouldn’t want to take away all that time for you to stare at my flank.”

Anon takes a breath to calm himself. He asked for it; now he’s gotta live with it.


“That’s the last of it.” Anon sighs, leaning against one of the many boxes that sit in his new living room.

“Perfect, this is going better than expected,” Twilight states as she continues to organize things on mass with her magic. “The weather was an unexpected change, but” Twilight casts a glance at Rainbow, AJ, and Anon. “I suggest you three get cleaned up.” She returns her concentration to the various things floating by. “Pinkie, start getting the living room set up, I’m almost done with the kitchen, so you can move into their next.”

“Okie Dokie!” Pinkie zooms off with her party cannon.

“Rarity, Fluttershy, focus on the upstairs while I take care of the lower floor. We have an hour to spare before school is out. Let’s make the best of it.”

“Got it!” Everyone responds.

Once the other girls set to their tasks, Anon is left with Rainbow and AJ. He looks down at them as their manes lie flat against their necks, drenched in sweat. He appreciates how hard they’ve worked to make sure this would all play out.

“Feel free to use my bathrooms.” Anon points to one door. “There’s a tub there and one upstairs in the master bedroom. I’m going to give the old home a once over, get ready then hand the keys over to Mayor Mare before coming back here.”

“I’m fine with just using the hose,” AJ says.

“Seriously, it’s no trouble.” Anon insists. “Thanks again for helping.” Anon glances over at the clock. “Better hurry. Won’t be long till our next mission.”

Rainbow and AJ give him a nod as he walks into the living room for a moment.

“Hey, Twi. Know where my clothes–” A set of new clothes float into his hands. “Thanks!”

With that done, he heads back to make sure he’s prepared. Once AJ and Rainbow are alone, Rainbow looks over to her with a smirk.

“Anon said he looks at my flank a lot.”

AJ’s left eye twitches at the cocky attitude of her friend. It’s was established some time ago that they both knew they liked Anon and ever since then they always try to one-up the other in whatever affection they gain from him. The other girls have noticed this as well but haven’t paid them any mind, as Anon never returned any of those feelings.

“That so? I’m sure it’s only because of all the free food he gives you. Who hasn’t noticed how big that thing is?”

Rainbow’s smirk flickers a bit. “What can I say, I enjoy how he cooks for me.”

“Ever try doing something for him once in a while?” AJ states, pushing her muzzle against Rainbows.

Rainbow pushes back. “I do plenty for him! I got that cloud from my boss!”

“Girls!” Rarity is standing there with a disapproving look. “Shame on you two. Did you happen to forget that today is Faith’s birthday? That we’re here to make sure everything goes according to plan?” AJ and Rainbow’s ears flatten against their skulls as they look away in shame. “Can we now focus on the task at hoof?”

“Yeah, we can,” AJ responds.

“Very well. Hurry now and get ready. Anon will be back soon.”

As Rarity is walking upstairs with her head held high, she can’t deny the various stray thoughts that pass as she continues. Like the fact that if this were a competition, she’d be the winner. She helps Anon more than those two. Making him and Faith clothes, not to mention that he came to her about advice on buying a new home, which led to them walking around Ponyville until they stumbled onto this gem. She would go on if it meant anything, but she won’t stoop to their level. This is a game of chess, and she’ll make sure all the pieces are in place before making her move.