• Published 1st Nov 2017
  • 393 Views, 0 Comments

Police of Ponyville Episode 3: A Random Day - Shadow Storm 44



Nobody was ready for today, Nobody couldn't predicted, Nobody could avoid today.

  • ...
 0
 393

Battle For The Diamond

Storm and Star had returned to town with only an hour to spare after returning the diamond. It took half of the department along with the research team that found the diamond. A solid hour of dragging, pulling and pushing later they arrived in town out of breath and tired from the long trip of moving that diamond from the Diamond Dogs field to the Ponyville train station.

“We're finally here,” Star said collapsing on the ground. Everyone followed Stars lead and collapsed on the ground after reaching their destination.

Despite the weight of the diamond along with the large wood, the Diamond Dogs used, the group moves the diamond back to Ponyville in less than 45 minutes. One half pulled while the other half pushed. If the research team wasn’t all earth ponies than this could have taken longer and been a whole lot harder. Storm and Star were already out of breath when they drove the Diamond Dogs away.

“I can’t believe...we got it here...under an hour,” Strom said gasping for breath.

After everyone was well rested, the group moved the diamond to the train station so once the train arrives moving the diamond inside the train cart will be easy.

“Well, now what?” Star asked.

“We wait for the train from Canterlot to arrived, we load it on and then it’s their problem,” Strom said.

While they were waiting for the train, many bystanders stopped at stared at the large diamond. A few took pictures the other few tried to touch it most of them being young ponies. Most were stopped while the others were daring each other to do it.
A small crowd formed around the bright shining rock, wanting to grab a glimpse of a legendary diamond.

“It is true.” Said a voice from behind the line of ponies in front of him. Twilight Sparkle appeared with her friends and Spike after they moved their way through the small crowd.

“When I first heard about it I had to see it for myself,” Twilight said still staring at the large diamond. “I can’t believe that the Oscuridad Diamond was right here in Ponyville.”

“The what?” Star asked.

“It means the Diamond of Darkness.” Starlight said. “It was one of the prettiest diamonds in history. It was lost almost 50 years because of a war to control the power within the diamond.”

“Power within?” Star asked looking at the diamond and back to Starlight. “What the heck does that mean?”

“Don’t you remember? I told you this last night when we were laying in bed.”

“Last Night?” Storm said cocking an eyebrow at Star.

“In bed?” Twilight said wide-eyed.

“That was out of context,” Star said. “I know what you two are thinking and it’s not what you think it is.”

A scream suddenly rang throughout the air down the street to the train station. Soon after there was a round wooden table came down and nearly missed a group of small colts.

“What the heck was that?” Strom asked. When his radio came on he knew that he might get an answer.

All units, All units we have a 10-34 near the train station. They are most likely after the diamond all nearby officers respond code 3.

“You don’t think it’s those same Diamond Dogs do you?” Star asked popping his neck.

Again Star’s question was answered a few moments later when a large pack of Diamond Dogs appeared. The same dog with the red rubies and black vest, this time he had a large stone like a baseball bat. While there was a dog with a hoodie that had a perfect cut of an Ideal diamond on the left side.

Many ponies ran for cover to buildings or running away in general. While others stayed to stand their ground along with the police. Storm, Star, Twilight, and Starlight were in front.

“Who are you and why are you here?” Twilight asked. She scans the group of Diamond Dogs trying to get a number of how many there are.

Oh well.” The leader began. “My name is Rick, ruler of the Diamond Dogs.”

“OK, We have your name,” Star said. “But why are you here?”

Rick begins to walk forward. “Well, you see- I was just in the area, and I thought this would be a lovely place for a summer home. What the fuck do you think I’m here for?” His last words were serious and angry.

“Our cupcakes?” Pinkie asked raising a cupcake and giving a friendly smile.

“Pinkie, not the time.” Applejack said moving Pinkie’s hoof down.

“Look we all know what you're here for and you're not going to get it.” Storm took a few steps forward. He knew that all he had to do was wait till backup arrives and then they will push them out of town.

“In that case let’s make a deal,” Rick suggested. “You’ll give us the diamond and I’ll spare the town.

“Please.” Star rolled his eyes. “Storm isn’t afraid of you. He’s the strongest and the fastest of everyone in Ponyville.” Rainbow Dash and Applejack gave Star a dirty look. “He’s gonna destroy you and you’ll be sorry.”

Storm wanted back hoof Star for saying all of that. But, he knew he couldn’t with the situation being so intense. If Storm would have flinch or show the slightest fear the Diamond Dogs will strike.

“Well.” Rick sighed and took a few practice swings with the bat. “If you're gonna deny our offer then we all know what’s gonna happen next.”

Before anyone could blink, breathe or even think about what was going to happen yet. Star yelled. Signal the charge for the attack.

“Ponies verse Diamond Dogs.”

Star's yell encouraged the front line to charge head on. The Diamond Dogs did the same howling as if that was there battle cry.

"This should be interesting." Storm said to himself as he join the charge.


For the last 30 minutes, it was a battleground in front of the train station. Chairs and tables were thrown from nearby cafe’s, magical spells from officers mostly Star, took down most of the dogs. At one point the fight spilled into the train station and nearly going on the track as well. But, the fight moved back in front of the station. The whole battle was a deadlock. Both sides were evenly matched and neither side was backing down. Once backup arrived the civilians retreated and then it was the classic Criminals vs Police.

The Diamond Dogs were basically hit anything that moved and throwing anything that wasn’t nailed to the ground. While the ponies took a different style, group up and attacking them like a pack of wild dogs. In other words, it was a total street fight.

Just when the Diamond Dogs were on the verge of victory. Royal Guard units arrived just in time to provide support and push the Diamond Dogs out of town and the Oscuridad Diamond was loaded on the train and headed for Canterlot.

After the whole thing had died down everyone who had been injured in any way was sent to the hospital. Twilight's friends stayed behind and helped clean up the mess on the streets with the others that weren’t injured.

In the hospital’s recovery room Storm was getting his left-wing rapped by a nurse after being hit with the bat from Rick at the start of the fight. Star had an icepack on his horn from overuse of magic and a few blows to the head as well. A few others with broken forelegs or just resting from the exhausting day. Twilight, Starlight and Night were there as well.

“That was awesome.” Star side nearly dropping the icepack on his horn. “I feel so alive.”

“What was great about that?” Night growled. “Four building were destroyed, twenty-one wooden tables and chairs were destroyed, the food market is going to be closed for three days and I’m gonna be without my best officer for the next 3 weeks.” Pointed to Storm’s wing.

“I’m just glad that the Royal Guard arrived when they did or we would be in trouble. I was not in the mood to drag that thing all the way back to Ponyville” Storm turned towards Twilight. “Thanks for calling Royal Guard by the way.”

“I’m more surprised that there was only 8 injury out of that whole thing. More importantly.” Twilight turned to Star who was still standing uninjured. “Star were you able to take down 15 Diamond Dogs and not have a scratch on you?”

“This wasn’t my first-time fighting with a bunch of strangers against an unknown enemy. Star said smiling.

“Star.” Starlight’s voice had a hint of worry. “What did you mean by that?”

Star pulled up a chair and cleared his throat. “Do any of you remember The Battle for Berkeley?”

“You were there?” Storm asked. “Please tell me you didn't kill anyone during the fighting”

Star nodded. “It was awesome, best day’s of my life.”

“Who’s side were you on?” Night asked eyeing Star. “And why were you there in the first place.”

“Wait, what’s The Battle For Berkeley?” Twilight asked. “I don’t remember that from any of the books from the liberty. Should I know about that.”

“Pull up a chair Twilight. I think it’s time for you to learn something from me.” Star said preparing to explain his story. “Now this whole thing when they marched into the park.”

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment