• Published 1st Nov 2017
  • 394 Views, 0 Comments

Police of Ponyville Episode 3: A Random Day - Shadow Storm 44



Nobody was ready for today, Nobody couldn't predicted, Nobody could avoid today.

  • ...
 0
 394

Recover The Diamond

“Now, how did this happened?” Night said flipping papers thought a file.

Storm and Star were in Night’s office for the fourth time this week. This time they were involved in a stampede of bunny’s that destroyed a quarter of the town, nearly ate everything in the market district and town square is a total mess.

“We don’t know chief,” Star answered. “I was at the train station and Storm was at the windmills. We couldn’t have stopped this even if we were at our post.”

“I know that.” Night sighed closing the file. “I’m talking about how did it get so out of control? I know that these stampedes are brutal but, they nearly destroyed the southern part of town.” Night sighed and shook her head. “On top of that, they were rabbits.”

“Well,” Storm begins. “Were outnumbered 300 to 80. Plus, after they ate everything in the market they basically went into overdrive and we couldn’t stop them.”

Star nodded in agreement. “The only way to stop them was to trap them with anything left over from the market that they didn’t eat. Also, I think they were bunnies”

It was total chaos. Not only did they trap them with cages. The unicorns had to use magic to push them in a corner of town and trapped them using a barrier spell. The Pegasi were the eyes in the sky and air dropped nets to catch any large groups that were far from the pack.

“Bunnies, Rabbits, I don’t care what they're called. They cost 8,000 bits worth of damage on the town.” Night went back to flipping papers from the file again. Storm guessed that It was most likely the bills of the damaged buildings in town. “8,000 bits that the town doesn't have.”

“Wait, what?” Star asked. “What do you mean? Is the town really that broke?”

Night shook her head. “Well, that's the other reason I called you two in here. A team of researchers had come across a very rare diamond that has not been seen for almost 48 years.”

“How much is it worth?” Storm asked.

“It’s priceless. That diamond is the only one in Equestria. There is no amount of bits that would come close to what that diamond is worth. It’s in our care.” Night said getting up from her chair and walking over to the window that faces the street of Ponyville. “Or at least it was.”

Storm knew that tone of voice. That was the ”We had failed in our assessment voice.” She normally did that when she needed Storm and Star’s help or at least when there was an incident with Star. That’s that was when he mostly heard it.

“We lost it didn’t we.” Storm asked not hiding the sound of disappointment in his voice.

Night turned around eyeing Storm for a few seconds. “Yes.” Night finally said before turning back to the window. “We got a note saying that the diamond will be returned to its rightful place or else.”

“Diamond Dogs?” Star asked.

“Diamonds Dogs.” Night confirmed. They are our only suspected, for the time being, also your time have to find the diamond before 3 o’clock.”

“Wait for 3 o’clock?” Star looked at the time. “Boss that’s four hours.”

“I know.” Night grunted. “I’ll get to the point.” Night finally turned away from the window and looked at the two detectives. “We sold the diamond to a museum in Canterlot and the transport unit will be here in 4 hours. If the diamond is not back by then, the town will lose the money it needs for repairs and future damages. Get to work.”


“You know something I don’t get?” Star asked. “How can diamond dogs pull off this heist and yet they were stupid enough to send a letter with their name signed on the bottom right corner.”

Storm nodded his head in agreement. If it wasn’t for the diamonds dogs being so stupid, they could be one of the top threats to Ponyville. They outsized many ponies, their strength was unreal and the violent nature that they have. If it wasn’t for their small brains, Storm was pretty sure they would have destroyed Ponyville. Or at least be like a group of outlaws taking everything from the town like the old movies.

The tunnel under the bank was a piece of that evidence. The tunnel was very wide with support beams along with lights every few feet. It was almost slimmer to a diamond mine.

“I mean look at this,” Star said looking around. “How can a species be some smart when it comes to pulling off a heist but, are total idiots at everything else they do?”

After what felt like hours Storm and Star reached the end of the tunnel. They found themselves in a huge open field with no trees in sight and instead was rocks and dirt everywhere.

“Where are we and where is Ponyville?” Star asked looking around the rock field.

“About two miles that way,” Strom said tilting his head back to the tunnel. “Be must be in the Diamond Dog fields. Their home turf. Were probably somewhere northeast."

“So how the heck are we gonna find that diamond if they already hid it. We have.” Star took a quick look at his watch. “3 hours before time’s up.”

Before Storm answered, he heard shouting from a distance.

“PUSH!” A voice shouted. It was soon followed by a loud groan.

“Does that answer your question?” Storm asked while beginning to run towards the sound.

“Yea, it does.”

The closer they got to the sound they started to noticed two lanes on the ground as if something was being dragged. Soon the two detectives were just behind the group of thieves dragging the large diamond.

The diamond was pretty large but not as large as he thought it would be. Its color was a dark purple and was a perfect shape Storm has ever seen. Both fantasy and reality.

Suddenly, the group stopped moving. A Diamond Dog with a collar filled with red rubies and a black vest jumped on top of the purple diamond. He sniffed around as if something had invaded his territory.

In a split second, Star grabbed Storm the collar of his police uniform and throw him and himself behind a large rock.

“What is it, boss?” One of the dogs asked, looking around.

“I think we're being followed.” He said still sniffing the air. “Or somebody want’s to sell us something.”

“I heard that town has cops now.” Another dog said. “Maybe it’s them.

“Already? Did they already stop the stamped?”

“Let’s not stick around and find out keep pushing!”

The sound of groaning continued.

“How are we going to grab that thing?” Storm asked while peeking around the rock. “I don’t think anyone in town is strong enough to move it.”

“We will cross that bridge when we come to it. In the meantime, we need to get that diamond from those dogs.”

“And how are we going to do that?” Strom asked turning to Star.

Star’s horn started to produce electricity and a smile formed on his face. “I have an idea.”

“This can’t be good.” Strom thought.

Author's Note:

Three things
1. I still suck at writing let me know when you find errors
2. This is not my best work
3. I finally fix my computer