• Published 1st Nov 2017
  • 1,488 Views, 14 Comments

Spike's Journey as a Fossil Fighter - Darth Severus



Spike's always loved dinosaurs. He even went to school to learn more about them. When he's turned 10 years old, he can officially become a Fossil Fighter! This is the start of his journey.

  • ...
6
 14
 1,488

True Friends and False Conclusions

It had been a week since Spike's graduation test, and he was just getting out of the first aid office. The medics still weren't able to figure out what happened on the battlefield. Spike couldn't really remember what happened, but he knew that something inside of him was telling him to fight. Spike met up with Ember and said, "Hey, you ready to head out?"

Ember smiled and said, "Yeah, I'm glad we're going on our journey together. Just try not to get yourself killed by jumping into another battle."

Spike rolled his eyes and said, "It's not like I was in control, something just told me to get in there..."

As the two new Fossil Fighters walked down a path out of the school's grounds, a voice said, "So, you're the boy who beat a Vivosaur on his own?" and a girl jumped out of a tree, it was the same girl who had taken Spike's blood a week ago.

Ember growled and said, "I recognize you! You're that fake First Aid staff!"

The girl said, "I do apologize for the deception, but it was necessary to further our research. But before that, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Duna. My brother Raptin is out researching right now, but I'd like you to meet him as well."

Before Ember could refuse, Spike said, "I'd be glad to meet your brother. If you're researching what happened to me out there, I want to hear what you have to say."

Ember was about to retort, but she realized that if this girl and her brother knew something about what happened to Spike, they should listen to them, for now at least.

Spike and Ember dug for fossils while they were waiting for Raptin, and Raptin's voice said, "I'm back sister." he saw Spike and said, "You must be Spike Drake. I'd like to thank you for furthering our research, and apologize for deceiving your family."

Spike looked over to Raptin and said, "It's fine. If you don't mind me asking, what do the two of you research?"

Duna smiled and said, "We research bringing out the true power of Vivosaurs. We believe that it is the bond between fighter and Vivosaur."

Raptin continued on, "We believe that the incident during your battle was a rare chemical reaction that happens when the bond between a Fighter and his or her Vivosaur becomes stronger than diamond. We call the reaction Ultra Instinct. We don't know much about the reaction, but one thing we're sure of is that when the reaction starts to occur, the subject's blood starts to heat up, their heartbeat speeds up, and they experience an incredible feeling of excitement. The one thing we can't explain is why your nails and teeth took the form of claws and fangs."

Duna smiled and said, "With your permission, we'd like to continue with you on your journey, to continue our research."

Spike thought about it for a moment and said, "Ok, sure. I want to know more about what happened to me out there. If your research can tell me that, I suppose it's ok for you to travel with us."

Ember nodded and said, "Just don't try doing any freaky experiments on either of us."

Raptin nodded and said, "We never conduct experiments without the consent of the subject."

After cleaning the fossil rocks they dug up, Spike had revived an Ankylo and an Aeros, which he put in his Medal Case. As for Ember, she revived a V-Raptor and a Dimorph. Afterwards, the group went towards the next city, Cranial City.

Ember looked around the huge city and said, "Wow, this city is huge! It's nothing like back home."

Spike smiled and said, "Yeah, this place is even bigger than Caritico Island."

Duna stroked her fingers through her hair and said, "We're still getting used to the cities in this area. Raptin and I are from the far north, it's almost always cold. We're not used to such warm weather."

Raptin looked at Spike and said, "I believe there's a Vivosaur Gym somewhere in town. You're planning on entering the Fossil Championship, aren't you? You'll need to get registered at the Fossil Center before you can officially challenge Gyms."

Spike smiled and said, "Thanks Raptin, let me pull up my map." he took out a small phone like device and clicked a button on it, and it brought up a map of Cranial City. He looked it over and said, "It looks like the Fossil Center is in old downtown. We should go get registered and get some rest for tomorrow. The Gym's going to be closed by the time we get to the Fossil Center, so we'll just have to wait until tomorrow."

When the group arrived at the Fossil Center, Spike walked up to the receptionist and registered himself into the Fossil Championship. After Ember did, the group went to dinner in the center's restaurant. Raptin took a small break from his steak and said, "So Spike, you've seemed to take this whole Ultra Instinct thing very calmly. I was expecting a more shocked reaction based on what happened at the stadium."

Spike swallowed the bite he'd taken out of his burger and said, "To be honest, I was shocked at first, and I still am a little shocked, but we live in a world with living, breathing dinosaurs, so I decided that there's not really anything that sounds impossible."

As they finished their dinner, Spike said, "Hey, do you mind if we go out into the park? There's something I've always wanted to do."

Ember thought to herself, "Oh good lord, he wasn't kidding..."

Raptin and Duna nodded and they went to the park. Spike pulled out his Brachio Dino Medal and threw it out into the open space of the park. He climbed up onto Brachio's head and said, "Kids, don't try this at home. As a matter of fact, grown-ups, you don't try it either!"

Duna whispered to Ember, "Who is he talking to?"

Ember whispered back, "Long story, too complicated to explain. It's best to just roll with it."

Spike slid down his Brachio's neck and said, "Yabba Dabba Doo!" and jumped off from its tail and landed on the ground.

Duna giggled lightly and said, "I have to say, that is kind of cute."

After Spike's little moment of acting like Fred Flintstone, they headed back to their room at the Fossil Center. When Spike and Ember had fallen asleep, Raptin said quietly to Duna, "I'm quite surprised they believed our story."

Duna told him, "Be honest, do you actually think he'd believe us if we told him we were aliens, and that he was also a member of our species?"

Raptin nodded and said, "Point taken, we'd probably be in a mental institution if we told anyone that. Let's get some sleep. Spike's journey will be the first step of our research. Good night Duna."

Duna yawned and said, "Good night Raptin." before the two of them fell asleep.