• Published 1st Nov 2017
  • 500 Views, 4 Comments

The Nightmare Finally Ends - Bitbit



Who wouldn't want their birthday to be on the scariest day of the year

  • ...
 4
 500

????

Author's Note:

Happy Nightmare Night y'all stay safe now ya hear:ajsmug:

Its short so oh meh:derpytongue2:

Ah, Nightmare Night the only night celebrated by the ponies of Equestria celebrating the defeat of Nightmare Moon a symbol to all things scary.

Celebrating this scary night was Midnight Silver getting ready to celebrate her 22nd birthday in Equestria with Sun Blaze, Red Scale, Night Wing and every pony else who's celebrating this spooky holiday. Midnight rose out of her bed like a zombie as the non-morning pony she is she slept during the day to get ready for tonight, her head aching terribly from a throbbing pain. The smell of cheese toast drove the black Pegasus out from her queen's sized bed. ''My head hurt, I must have drunk too much last night.'' she groaned walking slowly to the bathroom each step made the pain worsen. Not having to use the stole anymore picked up a brush from the sink to fix her entangled mane looking crossed eyed in the mirror half sleep.

''Happy birthday Midnight!.'' burst in Night Star she dropped her brush on the tiled floor flinching at the sound made.

''Night Star! Do you mind not doing that.'' she stammered retrieving the yellow brush. ''I don't like surprises.''

''You used to like them.'' Night Star said flying out the room.

''That's~, not me~ I like surprises.'' Midnight thought taking a small glance into the mirror pulling back to make sure she knew what she had seen was nothing but an image, her eyes no, both her eyes one turquoise the other a bright yellowish orange demonic looking eyes wavy mane a burning blaze the other a soft blue and purple a pure evil images of what happens when two powerful beings decide to fuse, a pure evil so violent she named herself.............Eclipse and she stared at Midnight laughing.

''No I got rid of you,'' she said hoping this was a magic trick Star Dust was pulling, Midnight open the mirror, no magical trace of her sister were there. Trotting quickly down to the kitchen another surge of pain raged in her head like a thunderstorm nearly causing her to fall down the stairs.

''Midnight, you okay I heard a noise.'' waiting for at the bottom step was Night Wing the dragon pony she married a little while back. Night Wings eyes glowed in the darkness, tomorrow was his birthday too, couple thousand years older than her the age of dragons was the same as alicorns but she wasn't an alicorn herself, she had the powers of one but they only worked at night in Equestria the magic she uses won't be that effective.

''Morning princess,'' he spoke. Midnight grumbled.

''Do not call me princess!'' she demanded ''I am an empress.''

''Okay empress , Sun Blaze made your favorite purple frosted chocolate cupcakes, compliments of Pinkie Pie,'' he said his smile brighten her mood still her fear of Eclipse holding in another shot of pain stinging her head.

''You okay? You look like you had too many drinks last night.'' he said tilting his head ''That's what I said.''

''I'm fine Night Wing~ just woke up on the wrong side of the bed.'' Midnight lied going to sit with the rest of her friends.

''Happy birthday Midnight.'' Sun Blaze said the brightness of the light on the ceiling too bright Midnight received another surge of pain, what in Equestria was causing this? Everything that was meant to make her smile on this day was causing her to look away.

''Thank you~ Sun Blaze.'' Midnight said pulling a fake smile. Taking two bites out of her cheese toast she felt a sudden sickness hit her stomach, getting out the kitchen Midnight didn't even apologize to her friend Earth Cloud coming down the stairs. Going head first she vomits her breakfast in the toilet. ''This has to be a trick.'' she thought Midnight despite the stench coming from the toilet, the water turned a murky purple and orange. ''Its happening again!'' flushing her ruined breakfast Midnight heard the approaching hooves of Sun Blaze and Red Scale using little energy she closed and locked the bathroom door. ''Midnight opens the door.'' sun blaze said knocking vigorously on the door.

''Don't come in~ please,'' she said. The knocking stopped Midnight crawled to the mirror her reflection now showed Eclipses. ''Go away!'' she screamed punching the mirror causing a large crack to appear, blood oozed out Midnight's right hoof her reflection continue to show Eclipse face.

''What do you want from me!'' she asked. Eclipse said nothing. ''Why are you doing this to me!''

(I did nothing.) her voice low and high pitched.(Two answers, Night and breaker.) she disappeared.

''Nightmare Moon and Daybreaker.'' Unlocking the door she ran to her nightstand to pull out ten candles lightning them up in a circle. Taking one piece of chalk drawing moon symbols on her floor, it looks like a satanic circle really it was a makeshift portal to the dream realm no magic required all she needed to do was get a single sleeping potion to get started. Midnight creeps into Star Dust room knowing this was where most of everything supernatural can be found, she had a bottle of sleeping potion on top of a bookcase groaning at how high she had to reach she used her sisters' bed as a support catching the bottle as it almost touches the floor.

''I am not having another birthday ruined by them,'' she said determined trotting to her room, she sat in her makeshift portal lifting the bottle up to the full moon. ''No more nightmares.'' pulling off the lid to the glass bottle Midnight took one sip of the potion passing out on the wooden floor.



The dream realm welcomed with the blast of magic the headaches returned with a vengeance even in the dream realm the pain never left. Nightmare Moon and Daybreaker clashed heads throwing countless insults never spoken, so rude and violent, the landscape she created for them was broken up like puzzle pieces her memories unorganized floating about the dream realm.

''Your words never hurt me fleabag,'' argued Daybreaker shooting a fireball at Nightmare.

''Oh give me some sunglasses so I can block your ugly purifying face!'' Nightmare Moon said adding words to graphic for her to describe.

''Stop it both of you!'' Midnight shouted both demons paused with their insults a moment for Midnight to regain her loss of energy. ''Why are you two fighting?''

''Daybreaker lied to me about how she really died in the alter universe,'' she argued Daybreaker flared in anger.

''I did not, you never told me about your death was painless,'' she said. Throwing a quick energy blast at Daybreaker going back to fighting. The dream realm cracked shaking memories knocking them over like bowling pins she being one of them.

''Stop it please, that doesn't sound like both of you, ow, what really happens, what caused you two to fight in the first place,'' she said the two continues to fight Midnight couldn't stand much of the pain. In the middle of the horrific chaos, she stood up watching Eclipse being formed mocking her mercifully.

''Stop it look what you're doing!'' she pleaded NightMare threw a magical surge back to Daybraker slamming her into a memory shattering it in half, the memory was that day Midnight and Night Wing first met in the EverFree forest at eleven years old. ''Not that memory please,'' she said trying to pick up the pieces of her almost shattered memory, warm tears dripped on her cheeks Daybreaker returned her attack shattering more memory's everywhere, the force of the breaking memory pulled her in she now stood in her own dimension Jadora the sky pitch grey the worst memory to break. Her memory of being stabbed by Devastation in mid-air scaring the love of her life forever, her mom every pony and creature who cared. Midnight collapse on the starry floor. Nightmare Moon shielded herself from Daybreaker she soon felt Midnight's dread wash over her, a sharp twist in Nightmares heart, losing control of herself Nightmare gasped for air reaching for anything to no avail only grabbed only air the sheer pain of dying to the elements of harmony.

''Daybreaker stop.'' Nightmare said choking uncontrollably Daybreaker suddenly saw Nightmare Moon curled on the floor, Midnight was in tears.

''Why are we fighting?'' Nightmare asked.

''I~what were we fighting about?'' Daybreaker answered.

''Were fighting over our own deaths?'' Nightmare questioned.

''Your death sounded so painless you made it sound like death was okay,'' Daybreaker said trotting to aid her wounded sister.

''No, some pony made us do this, look what we did to Midnight,'' Daybreaker said. Watching Midnight sob loudly making puddles of tears.

''Look what we did here, everything is broken,'' she said the dream realm was at a complete standstill, both beings notice the fading of their fur. ''Look at us, if we kept fighting we might have turned into.''

''Me!'' a screech erupted mist formed into an angry ball of fire.

''Eclipse! You did this.'' Daybreaker growled.

''You two are meant to argue, you are meant to fuse, become me you both know were powerful together and I will do anything to get it back, starting with her, Midnight breaks I will have my undying revenge I wanted so long,'' she said Daybreaker blocked Midnight with a wing.

''Daybreaker, I know you want to feel powerful again just take over this pathetic ponies body like last time, you and I will be unstoppable .''

''That was a long time ago, i was selfish to take over her body hurting my sister to get my way. Midnight gave me a purpose my purpose a second chance but you~ I will never let you take advantage of me again!'' in rage Nightmare Moon blocked Midnight's eye's to the unspeakable things Daybreaker was unleashing upon the nightmare that haunted her very soul, pain caused by an old nightmare. This was a memory to keep.




''The pain......it stopped......................... It finally stopped.....thank you.''




Aftermath of this Midnight did tell her friends what happen and the uh burnt floor from her dream in the meantime Midnight's birthday was snazzy indeed Nightmare Moon and Daybreaker stopped fighting after the commotion, Daybreaker~took an break going into a crystallize state for the time being no pony was harmed during this event so Night Wing never knew what really went on in her head.



In the dream realm

''How long are you being like this?'' Nightmare Moon asked. Two days since Midnight's birthday and already Daybreaker has gone to her crystal state for two pony years, dream realm had become silent since then, no more fighting no more arguments. Whats a pony to do in this place of quiet. Fix broken memories the ones Daybreaker broke in half, fusing the pieces back together like a puzzle a dozen memories broken mending them together in one piece.

''Grrr I always gotta do this myself.'' levitating more pieces of memory Nightmare grumbled about how small they were carefully connecting each one them her sister broke. Midnight's memories were least dreadful to watch always floating about the dream realm around her well she is inside a 22-year-old ponies head in her deepest memories, supposedly she toggled with a few of them, giving regular nightmares like this one floating in front of her; the memory of her last birthday that was all her doing. Making Midnight break her sanity. That is what nightmares do after all. I mean Nightmares never end and this one certainly was not the end.

''Can I still call you princess.''

''For the last time Night Wing no.''

''Please.''

''~ One day Night Wing I hear that word again and I might bring eclipse back.''

Comments ( 4 )

If u have questions ask pls don't spam me!!!!!!!:scootangel:

Nice so far!!!!:twilightsmile:

Was this supposed to be a oneshot?

Login or register to comment