• Published 7th Dec 2017
  • 621 Views, 0 Comments

Lacklustre-y Things - LackLustre



Or TotallyNotIceStar writes more things that aren't okay maybe.

  • ...
4
 0
 621

A Departure, Through Sky [E]

Author's Note:

More scenery porn! Anybody who wants to has my permission to continue this little adventure/writing experiment. :) Anyone who reads my regular stuff knows I like ancient ruins, so here's a thing that was gonna be about that.

Twilight Sparkle visits a mysterious city, and Spike too!

Contains: Scenery porn, no dialogue, cute platonic TwiSpike, filthy landscape descriptions, and unsourced cover art.

Ponyville was far behind them. Thatched roofs had disappeared. Only the tantalizing chill of wind spread across the sky, swirling the lavender of the balloon roughly and causing the little dragon to cry out.

Above them, a majestic spread of clouds enveloping a fathomless blue hue, and the promise of rain in the air. Twilight could smell it, and like the company of Spike, it kept the loneliness that came from leaving home behind at bay.

The thick masses and whorls of cloud swirled across the open sky, shaped by frisky gusts of wind laden with the smell of the land below, and tickling the alicorn's muzzle and dragon's snout with the rich natural scents that its many breezes carried up so high.

Spike even opened his mouth to taste the wild air, the flavor of riverbed and woods touching his throat. Also, a very lost bug. He coughed dramatically, and spit it out while his sister laughed. This ruckus wobbled their otherwise sturdy balloon, backed with bags.

Below them, the rich hues of the evergreen blight that swept over the world became more distant as the balloon sailed away from the vast forests were replaced with other things. A mighty river surged through the land, wearing down the rocks and pushing many other stones through the roaring gray-blue waters that cut through the land. Spike and Twilight could hear them from their low flying balloon!

Spike pointed a claw over the edge, smiling broadly as he called his sister over to see the faint shapes of fish leaping from their watery home. Their scales flashed brightly in the sunlight.

Twilight smiled, but found herself distracted. The wilderness was full of such things.

The leafy trees that had anchored themselves firmly into the mud of the riverbank grew all the more stronger for it. Sturdy trunks shot above the boulders drooped there by raging waters and time as the silent champions of the valley, standing against the wind, though their branches still quavered in it.

Other rocks littered the ground, most of smaller size and would easily be dwarfed by a pony. Gravel and rough beds of stone were visible to Twilight and Spike. They strayed from the river and claimed what areas the trees hadn't stemming from the mountain and battling the grass.

The nearby mountains were weathered and peaceful. The solemn air to them was undeniable. Rounded peaks batted the wind down, steering it toward the trees and revealing irregular stone surfaces to the sky and cradling rare shadows in the knotty surfaces that littered their faces. Faint dustings of green life crept up to the timberlines of many of the mountains - but not the one Twilight and Spike neared.