• Published 28th Oct 2017
  • 2,432 Views, 14 Comments

How Laser-Pointers got banned in Equestria - NeoLuna



It turns out that laser pointers are able to control the minds of bat ponies

  • ...
9
 14
 2,432

All Hell Breaks Lose

It was a cool night out, stars shining, the moon washing Equestria with a silver light as its ponies slept soundly, a peaceful night if there ever was one, but that was all about to change.

The two royal sisters, Luna, Princess of the Night and Celestia, Princess of the day sat on one of the balconies of the royal palace, both staring hard at the chess board between them. Celestia picked up her last white pawn and used it to take one of here sister's black knights.

"Yes, you have fallen right into our trap dear sister, with only your king and one rook left, The Princess of The Night will finally have the victory she has earned through a hell of thousands of years of losses!"Luna said as she picked up here queen with her blue magical aura.

However, before she could end here move, the entire palace, along with the rest of the city, began to shake violently. Both Luna and Celestia were knocked from a seated positon to laying on the floor, and the table (and thus the chess set) where launched over the balcony railing, falling out of sight down into the gardens below.

"NOOOO!!!!! OWR WIN!!!" Luna yelled.

"NOT BUCKING NOW LULU, GUARDS! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!!" Celestia yelled in her royal voice, a sound not heard in eons.

Two Lunar guards promptly crashed through the door to the room the balcony was connected to, but they were not there answering Celestia, the slits in their yellow cat-like eyes wider than what seemed possible. They charged past they royal sisters, leapt off the balcony, and flew out into the night at breakneck speeds. Celestia and Luna finally managed to get up on their hooves and look outside. What they saw left them dumbfounded. All of the Lunar guard, along with every bat-pony in the city was vacating the area as fast as possible, smashing through windows, doors, and even walls if it was the fastest way to their destination, Ponyville. It also seemed that the rest of the bat ponies from all of Equestria were heading to ponyville as well, being seen as tiny bat-winged shapes flying in over the horizon.

"S-Sister, what has occurred here...?" asked Luna out loud.

"Shouldn't YOU of all ponies know Luna, they basically WORSHIP you after all!!" Celestia yelled back.

"Sister, I-I had to hoof in this" stammered Luna.

"YEA RIGHT! Of course you did! This is obviously some kind of prank of yours, and it is NOT FUNNY!! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH IM GOING TO HAVE TO RAISE TAXES TO FIX ALL THIS DAMAGE LULU?!!" Celestia roared in rage.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, Oh gosh this is RICH!! HAHAHAH, I-I HA, cant s-stoopp, HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!" said a distorted voice.

"DISCORD, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY FAVORITE SUBJECTS?!!!!!" Luna screamed.

Discord promptly poped into view, lying in a floating pink armchair, clutching his chest and laughing so hard he was crying chocolate tears. After continuing for about 3 minutes nonstop, Discord finally managed to gain the ability to talk again. He turned to the two very angry and confused alicorns below him.

"Oh I wish I had done this, huge props to whoever pulled this off, Damn fine chaos here. Oh you might want to get to ponyville asap, unless you want everyone currently in Twilight's castle to be trampled to death by swarm of bat-ponies." said discord.

"So Twilight is responsible?" asked Luna.

"I have no clue, all I know is whatever or whoever started this masterpiece is in Twilights castle" Discord responded.

"We will investigate this, but if I find even a SHRED of evidence this was your doing, your going to be stone form another 1000 years I SWAER IT!" said Celestia.

Later, in ponyville...

As Luna and Celestia flew over ponyville, they saw what had become of the Friendship Castle. The entire bat pony population was crawling all over its surface, fighting to be the next to enter a window, door, or one of the many holes the stronger batponies had smashed in the walls. Celestia began to fly all over the town franticly calling her fellow princesses name.

"TWILIGHT? WHERE ARE YOU? TWILIGHT!!!" Celestia yelled in a panicked voice.

A flash of magenta magic was seen as Twilight teleported herself, Spike, Starlight, and Fizzlepop onto the roof of one of the few buildings that was still standing after the horde of batpoines had run or crashed through the town. Celestia and Luna flew down to meet them. The four of them were bruised to hell and back, and spike looked like he would be mentally scared for life.

"OH TWILIGHT WHAT HAPPNED TO YOU, IS ANYTHINHG BROKEN!?" Celestia said as she hugged her former student with her wings.

"I'm, I'm ok, so are the others, Celestia, what the buck is going on?" asked Twilight.

"We have no clue Twilight Sparkle, we had hoped you would be able to explain" said Luna.

"Well is was working on this new thing I created to help teachers in schools when an entire race of ponies lost their minds and attacked my home!" Twilight exclaimed as she showed the princesses her creation, which was lying on the floor a few feet away from her.

"How is such a thing related to this mad-"

"Hate to cut you off Luna, but the bat ponies are TURNING AROUND AND COMING FOR US NOW!" Yelled Starlight.

As the party looked towards the castle they saw Starlight was right, the Bat Ponies were infact charging right at them in one unified flying wall of fangs, bat wings, and insanely dilated eyes, all focused on the small metal object and the red dot it was casting on the edge of the roof. While the others began to recoil in fear, Fizzlepop looked to the bat ponies, then to Twilights creation, then back to the bat ponies. After putting two and two together, Fizzlepop raised a hoof and slammed it down in the small device, smashing it to bits.

Suddenly, all of the bat ponies eyes undilated, but they also lost coordination in flight, crashed into each other starting a chain reaction that ended with the entire population of bat ponies in Equestia strewn across the ruins of ponyville. One bat pony that was a Lunar Guard ended up on the roof the main party was on.

"Ug, what happened, last thing I knew I was at my post, then all I could see or think about was this red dot that I needed to catch or my life would end, Oh Princesses!" said the guard quickly saluting.

"Fizzilepop, how did you know destroying Twilight's device would stop this mahem?" asked Luna.

"When I was with the storm king, I would mess with Gubber by bouncing a sun ray around with a mirror and having him case it, just seemed like a similar situation." Fizzlepop responded.

"That would seem to be the case, Twilight, I want all records, research, notes, ANYTHING related to this thing you built destroyed, we cant risk this happening again!"

And that's how laser pointers got banned in Equestria.

Comments ( 12 )

Short, yet funny and enjoyable. I like it!

Run this through a quick grammar check and then all will be right in the world. But besides the few grammar mistakes I found it was great! (The mental image of the thestrals acting like cats was hilarious)

8516507
could you point them out for me plz?

8516795
OWR and SWAER

And why give this a downvote!? Why?

Upvote for Twilight's declaration at the end of chapter 1. :rainbowlaugh:

A few typos. You didn't always captialize "Spike" or "Ponyville." Also, safest to capitalize both words of "Twilight's Castle" because it is being used as a proper noun.

Comment posted by Lesolan - Rest In Peace deleted Oct 30th, 2017

And that's how Equestria was made!:pinkiehappy:

Pfft.... HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

I am a Chinese brony.I like your fiction,How Laser-Pointers got banned in Equestria,and wish others could enjoy it.So I hope that I can get your permission to translate it.I promise that I will note the original writer and the original URL.Also,I won't use it for commercial purposes.
I am looking forward to your reply at your earliest convenience.

static.fimfiction.net/images/none_32.png
Angel Midnight
9855095
Wise words, my friend. If these bat ponies act anything like cats with laser pointers, I am going to squee.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Well, this was a nice short and funny read. I think I'm now going to be afraid anytime I use a laser pointer :rainbowlaugh: As others have pointed out, there's a load of typos, capitalisation errors, and I noticed quite a bunch of punctuation errors. I can show you how to deal with these, if you want :twilightsmile:

"Sister, I-I had to hoof in this" stammered Luna. "YEA RIGHT! Of course you did!

Hadn't a hoof I take it. Plus what everyone else said in the comments. It's okay with most of the jokes landing.

Login or register to comment