• Published 28th Oct 2017
  • 3,254 Views, 220 Comments

Dark Souls 2: Rarity's Trials - Blackdrag-rose



Rarity's curiosity gets the better of her and she steps through the crystal mirror. Now she's in an unfamiliar world, with an unfamiliar body, and she's cursed with being undead as well... and has to complete an insane quest to go home.

  • ...
27
 220
 3,254

PreviousChapters Next
Investigation

Once Rarity and Edric were done talking with Shalquoir, and had collected the items that Edric had set on the table, they headed back to the bonfire that the Emerald Herald was sitting near, where Rarity approached her and started using up the souls she had gathered along the way. Based on what she had seen so far the enemies they encountered were weak against the magic she had been using since her arrival in this world, which meant that the more she empowered the attributes that strengthened her magic the quicker they could finish off their enemies. It didn't take her long to finish empowering her attributes, though when she did step away from the Emerald Herald she joined Edric by the bonfire for a few seconds, where they knelt by the fire and teleported back towards the bonfire they had discovered in the Lost Bastille.

When they arrived at their destination, however, they had to deal with the small group of undead dogs that were standing near the bonfire, though as Edric did that Rarity focused on blasting the knight that was standing at the top of the stairs that were in front of them. Another pack of dogs emerged from behind the enemy that Rarity was focusing on, though she smiled as she blasted the barrel that she had ignored for the last few seconds, which exploded and took out all three enemies that were at the top of the stairs. A few moments later Edric returned to her side and they walked up the stairs, though once they reached the top they noticed another knight standing on the walkway that they needed to walk on, but they both noticed a barrel that he was standing near... to which Rarity waited for a few seconds, mostly for Edric to grab the knight's attention, before blasting the barrel when he was close enough, knocking him off the walkway.

"I can't believe that he fell for that." Rarity commented, though at the same time she looked over the edge and found the knight impaled on one of the sharp rocks that appeared to rest all around this fortress.

"Neither can I, though it makes our mission easier," Edric said, though he smiled as he followed the path that was in front of them, while noticing a makeshift walkway that could take them to an iron door.

Instead of heading towards the door that was in front of them, and the small tower that it was connected to, they walked over the makeshift walkway and approached the iron door, though as the duo approached it they heard the sound of hollow soldiers on the other side. When they opened the door they found a fair number of enemies gathering around them, on the level below them and to their left, to which they decided to back away and pull their enemies out of the building they were in. As Edric held their attention Rarity backed away to a safe distance and used the Emit Force spell to hit the side of the soldiers that were charging towards her friend, damaging every single one of them in the process, making it easier for Edric to cut them down.

When Edric finished off the last of their enemies, and collected the Lifegems that had been dropped in the process, they walked into the building, though they immediately retreated when a pair of zombies charged at them and threw themselves at the ground. Rarity was fortunate that they had retreated when they did, as it appeared that their enemies emitted a blast wave when they struck the ground in the way they had done, though once they were safe Rarity opened fire on the zombies and weakened them. Edric, of course, jumped back and avoided the zombies when they hit the ground, though that was followed by him cutting them down and allowing them to walk back into the building... where they intended on going down the path that the zombies had come from.

That brought them to a gate that required them to pull the lever that was to the right of them, though when the gate opened the hollowed soldier that was in front of them turned around and retreated into one of the other cells that were resting along the walkway. It appeared that the soldier tried to get them to walk down the walkway and flank them from behind, though Edric was able to figure out the attack and cut down the soldier before he could attack them. Once the enemy was taken care of they walked down the rest of the hallway and approached another fog door, though they were surprised to find that they might have found one of the two creatures Shalquoir had told them about.

"Are you ready for this Rarity?" Edric asked, though at the same time he made sure that his sword and shield were at the ready, because if this was one of the two powerful creatures they needed to be careful.

"Not really," Rarity admitted, as she hadn't been ready to fight any of the other powerful creatures that they had encountered so far, but she had a decent track record with all of them, "but I really don't have much of a choice. Let's pass through this fog and see what's on the other side."

Edric nodded as they both touched the fog door and pushed their way through it, to which they jumped down onto a platform that was beneath them, though as they looked around the chamber they were in they spotted three skinny knights, dressed in bronze colored armor, standing around the area. The weapon that the sentinel was carrying looked like one that had to be wielded in two hands, though their enemies could carry such a weapon with only one hand, thus leaving their left hand open to carry a shield. The sentinel that was to their immediate left raised its weapon into the air and brought it down on where they were standing, to which Rarity and Edric jumped backwards and avoided the attack, though at the same time Rarity noticed that the other two sentinels were already advancing towards them.

Rarity, knowing that her companion could easily deal with this sentinel on his own, switched to her chime and targeted the sentinel that was on the other walkway that was across from where she was standing, to which she called a Lightning Spear into existence and threw it at her target. What surprised her was that when the spear struck her target the sentinel staggered for a moment, indicating that these guys had to be weak against lightning based attacks, because it turned towards her and stared at her for a few seconds. She was sure that the sentinel was mad at her, if such a thing was even possible, but before she could determine whether that was true or not one of the first sentinel's attacks forced her to dodge, where she slipped off the edge of the area she was walking on and crashed on the floor beneath her.

"Next time, pay attention to the environment," Rarity told herself, as this hadn't been a problem during the fights with the other powerful creatures, before she noticed one of the sentinels coming her way, "Oh dear..."

That was followed by the sentinel, the one that was approaching her, twisting its weapon around and using the end end of its head to stab her in the chest, though this time around Rarity refused to let a small wound be the end of her, to which she coughed as she held her chime up. Before the sentinel had a chance to flee Rarity called another spear into existence and fired it, point blank no less, into the chest of her target, blowing a hole into her target as the sentinel went flying into the wall on the opposite side of the room. As Rarity got back up, however, she noticed the sentinel that Edric had been fighting fell off the walkway they had been fighting on, though a few seconds later the sentinel didn't move at all, indicating that Edric had taken it out on her own.

Rarity grinned as she recalled how to use the Medium Heal spell she had picked up earlier, to which she not only healed the wounds that had been inflicted on her body, but also repaired the damage that had been done to Edric, though that was followed by the two of them staring at the wounded sentinel that had stayed away from the fight. Rarity held her hand out and called another spear into existence, knowing that if she got a decent shot she could easily end this fight, though she nodded to Edric and let him run forward instead. The sentinel foolishly chose to pay attention to Edric, to which the two of them carefully attacked the other and dodged whatever attacks were coming their way, though Edric smiled as he kept an eye on what his companion was doing.

A few moments later, where Edric pushed his opponent's attack backwards, Rarity threw the spear and it pierced the sentinel's chest, to which it turned its head around for a few seconds before collapsing on the ground... though that was followed by the duo getting back together.

"That was slightly disappointing," Rarity commented, though at the same time she held still while she and Edric collected the amount of souls that would allow them to empower themselves further, while also collecting the soul of the sentinels, "I had no idea that these guys were weak to lightning... and now I actually wish that I had used a different attack before falling back on my Lightning Spear."

"Hopefully we don't meet something that's immune to your lighting spear," Edric replied, though as he spoke he turned towards the only open doorway that they would walk through, to which he beckoned for Rarity to follow, "though now that we have taken that creature out we're on step closer to finding this Lost Sinner that Shalquoir mentioned."

The two of them approached the doorway and walked up the stairs that they found, though a few seconds later they discovered that they had stepped onto the walkway that was on the other side of the hole in the wall that they had walked through earlier. Since there was no way for them to get back to the hole in the wall, not without finding a bonfire and teleporting back to the first one they found, to which they walked through the small hallway that they had discovered and found something interesting; a decent sized chamber with a bonfire. Rarity chuckled as she sat near the bonfire for a moment, because she was eager for a little rest before they got started on their search for the Belfry Gargoyles, the last powerful creature standing between them and the Lost Sinner.

Rarity was overjoyed to be making such good progress on their journey, though despite the fact that they were surviving all of these fights she knew that sooner or later her luck was going to run out... and then she was sure that they were going to die multiple times when they found tougher opponents to fight.

PreviousChapters Next