• Published 22nd Oct 2019
  • 2,139 Views, 87 Comments

The Diary of Discord Wimp - ThePianoMan



When Discord is driven mad by the death of his friend Fluttershy, Celestia performs a spell that rewrites history...

  • ...
3
 87
 2,139

Illusions In G Major

“...surrounded by a neighborhood…”
-Jane

Copy, copy, and copy…

The pony watering his lawn whistled over his thoughts as his eyes burned in this form, longing to see the boring neighborhood with his own eyes.

Copy and paste, copy and paste, copy and paste…

None were the wiser as they walked by with strollers, dogs, or sweatbands. None would suspect the pony behind the pony as his brain wailed against the monotony, concealed by a plastic smile.

Marry, produce, die, repeat… marry, produce, die, repeat…

The pony barely noticed as his lawn became squishy and wet.

“Enough of that.” He dropped the hose from his magic and turned off the water. A walker from the street, a hippogriff, gave him a wave of acknowledgement. “Great, just what I needed.”

“Hey there neighbor!” The hippogriff continue waving. “Mister Gallop! It’s me, Alezander.”

“I’m not your neighbor, Alezander. You live ten houses and two streets that way.” The pony, that Alezander called Gallop, had been serious with that comment. But, the sternness of his voice was lost on the wind to Alezander.

“Oh, you and your jokes.” Alezander laughed his pitchy laugh. “You’re so funny. You should come to the comedy club one of these days. Or, you could join me and my wife for book club. I bet your jokes would be a hit there as well.” The hippogriff laughed again, this time with an intermittent splatter of wheezing.

The pony addressed as Gallop growled under his breath, smiling for anyone who passed by Alezander and happened to observe the situation. “Ha-ha-ha. You too Alezander. Better keep walking so your wife doesn’t fatten you up too fast.” The pony addressed as Gallop licked his lips at the thought.

Alezander lingered for another fit of laughter before smiling and continuing his walk.

“B-bye now.” The pony known as Gallop smiled until Alezander was out of earshot. “I hope you go to tartarus.” He coiled up the water hose and used his magic to dry his hooves. “Stupid city, stupid neiborhood. I could just eat-.” The pony known as Gallop froze, mid-walk to the front door behind the lawn and walkway. He sniffed the air. “Huh, cupcake fire. No.” He whipped around and tilted his head at the sight of the red school bus a little ways down the street. He could smell something familiar. Something he thought he smelled the other night, but wasn’t sure of it. His lips began to twitch as the smell left the bus. His lower jaw stuck out as his face puckered from the sight. “Kids. Dragon, and… No. It can’t be. But, it is. It is.” The pony known as Gallop turned tail and marched into the house.

“Sweetums.”

The pony known as Gallop. Paused by the stoic mare glued to her seat in her nightgown. There was a static radio by her and piles of newspapers that caught her drool. “Hello, dear. How are we doing today.”

The mare’s eyes were dull and tired. “Great. Sweetums. Every. Day. Good. Day. As. Long. As. I. Have. You.”

The pony known as Gallop brushed the mare’s cheek. “Good, dear. And, you know just how much I love you. Affirmative?”

Each of the mare’s eyelids struggled to blink independent of the other. “Yes. Sweetums. I. Love. You. Too.”

“There’s a good pony.” The pony known as Gallop leaned in, slipping a slithering tongue into the mare’s mouth, sucking a kiss from her lips. As he pulled away, he chuckled at the new drool that dripped from her pale lips, her eyes a little duller. “I’m going to work in the basement now. Don’t disturb me while I’m working. Okay?” The pony known as Gallop shivered as a sensation spread through his body, livening up his existence.

The mare blankly nodded. “Yes. Sweetums.”

The pony known as Gallop marched off, down into the dark of the basement. There were no lights, save for the dim flickings of electronics that filled the workbench. Once upon a time, there had been a humble equestrian citizen radio there, but now the ec radio was swallowed by extensions and other workings in the darkness. The microphone was still accessible, though at the mercy of dozens of knobs and dials.

In the darkness, the pony known as Gallop took his seat at the microphone and turned the dials in a specific sequence.

A groan from the corner, behind a rattling shower curtain, interrupted the process.

“Shut up!!! Be lucky you’re alive! You’re lucky this city makes it too hard to hide a body anywhere.” The pony known as Gallop finished the sequence. Pressing down on the microphone button, he smacked his lips. “Honeybee. There’s a new protein cake in the bakery. But, I’m curious how it tastes. I bet you’ll like it, Honeybee.”

Author's Note: