• Published 22nd Oct 2019
  • 2,127 Views, 87 Comments

The Diary of Discord Wimp - ThePianoMan



When Discord is driven mad by the death of his friend Fluttershy, Celestia performs a spell that rewrites history...

  • ...
3
 87
 2,127

Look at Me Now

“I have seen further than others…”
-Isaac

The Gallop that laid in bed fought to get up. Something kept him there. He would say or suppose that, to anyone asking, he couldn’t get up. The truth was, he wouldn’t. There was too much at stake. He was learning to overcome this plague for the sake of survival. At least, that’s what he’d say to anyone that asked. His eyes were glued to the creature that lay by his side. He watched every movement of the creature as she drew her breaths in her sleep.

“Gallop?” Jasmine slowly opened her eyes. “I thought you went to work.”

This Gallop shrugged. “I’m taking the day off.”

“Why?” Jasmine asked.

This Gallop reached for her face, stroking it gently. “You.”

Jasmine hummed in laughter.

“Why are you doing that?” This Gallop felt his disease multiply tenfold. He wanted to know what sort of power it was that this mare had that weakened his system so.

Jasmine frowned. “I’m sorry, sweetums. I didn’t mean to poke fun at you. It’s really sweet of you, really. I’ve just never known you to be a romantic. I’m not used to it.”

That word, romantic. This Gallop supposed it was the mare’s description of his weakness. He wondered if it was the name of the disease or if it was merely a term for the symptoms. “Romantic? I just wanted to watch you. I never knew you had such power that could bring me to my knees.”

“Aww.” Jasmine’s face turned hot with embarrassment as she hid behind the covers. “You’re just saying that.”

“It is no lie.” This Gallop fought it again. The urge to close the gap between their muzzles was infuriating to him. “You’ve made me sick with strange desires.”

“Gallop!” Jasmine giggled as she pulled the covers completely over her head. “Now I know you’re just making fun of me.”

“I’m sorry.” The disease spiked again in this Gallop as he peeled the covers from her face. “I’m trying to be honest. I’m sorry if I’ve given offense. I just want to know how you made me feel this way.”

Jasmine’s eyes wandered over this Gallop’s face. She settled into a different position, taking a higher ground, so to speak, by resting on an extra pillow to look down on this Gallop. Her hoof moved in circles in his mane and around his horn. “Nana always told me that marriage will change a stallion. I never really understood what she meant. I remember how my father grew distant from my mother. But, this is different. After we bought this house, I thought I saw the same thing happening to you. You’d be gone for days, even when work ended. You had lipstick on your neck when you did come home.”

This gallop reached up. Lipstick, he thought, is this the source of your power? He brushed her lips, confused by what he discovered. She had nothing on them. You must be so powerful, that you don’t need lipstick.

“But now, you’re buying me flowers.” Jasmine cried a little.

This Gallop panicked at the sight of those tears. He feared that she was waking up. But then, she smiled. He wondered how she could be crying and smiling at the same time.

“You bought me flowers.” She inched closer to this Gallop. “You’ve been around more lately. You kiss me like it’s the first time we’ve kissed. And,” Jasmine leaned in closer, “it feels like I’m falling in love all over again with you.” She pressed her lips against this Gallop’s.

This Gallop lost his mind. Everything from Jasmines words to the way she mangled her lips around his. How are you controlling me this way? Her grabbed her and pulled her in close. My will is gone! How? He gasped for air, trying to recover from Jasmine’s torture methods that had robbed him of control over his own body. “Kiss?”

“What about it?” Jasmine asked.

This gallop felt his face quiver from a strange rush, another symptom. “Terrible.”

Jasmine frowned. “It was?”

“No.” This Gallop shook his head in objection. “It’s terrible that it doesn’t last.” Have I become the prisoner, to my own prisoner?

Jasmine’s eyes teared up as a joyous smile spread across her face. “I’d forgotten how much I love you.”

This Gallop’s jaw went slack after hearing those words. His eyes nearly popped out. “Is this love?”

Jasmine leaned in again. “I hope it is.”

“You don’t know?” This Gallop felt his heart beginning to race as he calculated every reason, every sensation, and every ounce of experience he had. It hit him all at once like a train rushing headlong at full speed. The taste was there in his mouth. He couldn’t believe that he mistook it for a disease. It was unlike anything he had ever tasted before. “If this is love,” this Gallop felt full inside, a sensation he’d never known, “I’ve never tasted love that was so sweet.”

Jasmine’s eyes ran with tears as she embraced this Gallop. “I love you, Gallop.”

This Gallop pulled out of Jasmine’s embrace for a moment. “There’s something else that I’d like you to call me. A different name.”

“What?” Jasmine kissed the end of this Gallop’s nose. “Is it some old nickname?”

This Gallop shook his head. Do I remember? What did mother call me? “Tarsus, or just Tarsi.”

“Tarsi.” Jasmine whispered the name. “I like it.”

This Gallop felt like his blood was about to boil over from hearing Jasmine say that name.

Jasmine leaned in for another kiss. “I love you, Tarsi.”

This Gallop held his breath for as long as he could. His senses melted under Jasmine as he relished every moment of the kiss. When she finally parted their faces, he felt like the world had ended. Nothing mattered now. The draconequus didn’t matter. The traitor didn’t matter. Even Honeybee didn’t matter as he stared into the eyes that stared right back into his. “I love you, Jasmine.” Oh, mother, I love her. What do I do now?

The moment ended with a crash.

“What was that?” Jasmine asked.

This Gallop jumped to the floor. “Stay here.” He levitated a lamp and darted out into the hall.

In the kitchen he saw one of the vases, that had been holding flowers, was shattered across the floor. Under the shards of glass were distinctive black scuff marks that this Gallop recognized.

“No.” This Gallop looked up, down, and all around. “Just leave. I won’t tell them you’re here. Please. I’m like you now. Only, they don’t know. I have a chance. Please go, and I swear I won’t tell them. Just don’t hurt her.”

“I would never hurt her, Tarsus.” The voice came from the ceiling. “But, they would.”

This Gallop waved the lamp in his magic at the owl that had been perched above. “Go away! Get out.” He kept swinging until the owl flew into the living room. “Just get out! Leave Thorax, just leave!” This Gallop collapsed as he saw the owl fly out an open window. He had never known fear like that before. “I love her…” His words trailed off as he fully realized what he was saying. “Oh, no. What have I done?”

Author's Note: