• Published 24th Oct 2017
  • 1,033 Views, 8 Comments

Nomadic Dragon Emperor. - New Fossil Studios



Ryuga died in his attempt to gain Nemesis's power and ended up giving his Bey Spirit to Kenta Yumiya. And that was it. Or was it? Join Ryuga as he explores the new land of Equastria searching for strong opponents and making unlikely rivalries.

  • ...
6
 8
 1,033

Awakening The Dragon Emperor

“Sun rays illuminated the Everfree Forest where it’s darkness could not reach, allowing certain spots to betray the ominous dangerousness the forest produced. One such spot was a beautiful meadow adorned with many flowers ranging from red to purple to green and even orange.

However, the meadow’s beautifulness was interrupted by a figure that clearly did not belong there. This figure did not resemble any of the strange creatures inhabiting the Everfree Forest, instead it seemed to bare a striking resemblance to a near-hairless ape, bearing a beautiful white mane with a red blotch on the left side. The creature sported black and white clothing with a golden gauntlet and headband, both bearing a similar design to chinese dragon.

Laying so solitarily still, one would be forgiven for mistaken this creature for dead if it weren’t for the steady rising and falling of his chest. His face expressed one of peacefulness as if this was his final rest.


Alas, his slumber would soon be intruded upon as a beautiful butterfly fluttered its way onto his nose. The butterfly was astonishing, with its black, white, purple, and orange pattern on its wings giving the look of the eyes of a grim reaper. The creature did not appreciate the intrusion as he wiggled his nose to scare the butterfly away, but his efforts were useless as the butterfly stubbornly refused to leave.

His next attempt was to squish the bug, however, the insect had moved from its spot just in time to dodge the swat. And due to the amount of force he was using to squash the bug hitting him in the face, pulling him away from the slumbering state he found himself in, earning a groan from the creature.

Rising to a sitting position, the man massaged his temples, trying to soothe the roaring beast within his head.

“Damn, where’d this headache come from.” Realizing that this beast would not settle, the man took a gander around himself only to be puzzled. The scenery before him was unfamiliar to the tanned-man, sure he didn’t remember his previous place of residence, but he was absolutely sure it was nowhere near a forest as heavenly beautiful as the one he found himself awakening in.

“Where was I?” He truly did not know, everything looked so beautiful and heavenly, flowers of all colors laced the soft green spears poking their heads from their settlement, large trees sprouted from the ground and created a beautiful dance of shadows on the floor. Even if the man wasn’t one to admire scenery for he was a traveling warrior, he did not hold time to be in awe of the nature around him, he could truly appreciate the absolutely stunning world surrounding him.

He had to steel himself to not blurt out ‘it’s beautiful’ before quickly realizing that leisurely lying here would solve nothing, so he begins to backtrack his memories to find anything of substance he could use, but all he could remember was a fleeting battle.

(Flashback)

Every breath was ragged and rife with pain as the green-haired short boy fought the God of Destruction with all his might. His power may have been miniscule to his otherworldly powerful opponent, but his spirit burned brighter than the sun in the noon.

“I’m not done yet, I made a promise to ryuga.”

Of all the words to sound like his head was submerged in mud, why’d it have to be the name that without a shadow of a doubt was referring to him.

“Until he listened, and that I would become stronger and stronger until Ryuga-”


Again, his name was submerged in obscurity. Why?

“-would fight seriously on our side, but then I failed.” Proclaimed the beaten young warrior, “That is why I fight, I will fight in Ryuga’s place.” A promise was made, “You can do it Sagittario.” The battle cry broke through the thresholds of the boy’s throat as his bey charged for the more powerful enemy.

“How annoying, you’re even worse than a worm. You INFANT!” The deity of destruction shouted, his Bey proving to be the stronger one, pushing his opponent’s bey with enough force to send its Blader flying across the stadium.

Standing at his assistance were two friends, but their efforts were for naught as they were set flying farther than their companion.

Battling his pain and standing up to his opponent, the boy grits his teeth, “You stink.”

“Suit yourself, if you want to meet your end so badly, I’ll finish it here right now, starting with you.” Obliged the man to the boy’s wishes, readying a devastating attack.

Urging their friend to move out harm’s way, but he could not for his body was too weakened to even move. Just then, when all hoped seem sapped, a large pillar of fluorescent blue light pierced the heavens stealing everyone’s attention.

“R-Ryuga, you’re okay.”

Clarity accompanied the name for this time it was a lot louder, but still unrecognizable.

Throwing his eyes open, a similar white light emanating from them, the man begins to speak, “That one time: it was for a brief shining moment, I became serious.” He proclaimed, aiming his broken and shattered Bey, “I promised. TAKE IT! KENTA!” The Blader spoke the last words he would ever speak in that universe as he launched his Bey, the remaining power of the star fragment he wielded seeping out of his and entering Sagittario.

The other Bladers looked on in surprise before turning their attention back to where the man stood, yet nothing but a few sparks floated in the air.

(Flashback Ends)

So that answered the questions of what happened and where he was, but it only yielded little answers as to his identity.

Figuring no more answers would surface from sitting here all day, the figure grunts as he stands up, ready to journey to wherever.

However, his advancements were stopped cold when he felt a sharp pain shoot up his spine stemming from the back of his leg. Letting out a sharp painful grunt and inspects the source of pain only to be surprised to see something wooden protruding out his skin.

With minimal effort, the man yanked the wood out his leg, resulting in blood painting the grass.

His exodus was further inhibited by a thunderous roar swiftly followed by a tree on the receiving end of what looked like a large scorpion tail… a tail that belonged to this beastly collaboration of a lion, a bat, and a scorpion.

“What the hell?!” he shouted his surprise, nearly getting stabbed by the tail as the monster took advantage of his stupor.

Unfortunately for our hairless ape, the pain in his leg immobilized him, seemingly setting him up for his demise at this beast’s paws.

“So, this is how I die, huh?” The man thought, staring death in the eyes as he gritted his teeth, “No: I will not die here!”

(Flashback)

Standing up broken and battered, pain searing throughout his body as he started to realize just how foolish he was when he thought he could challenge the God of Destruction. And the tall man in the coat did not relent on his mercilessly relentless taunting.

“This is a fitting end for a worm! Is this hard for you? How does this make you feel? Tell me in worm words!!”

The man’s taunting did nothing but bring the nomadic Blader’s rage to a boiling point.


“I will not lose…” He muttered, catching the ears and attention of his opponent. His body begins to burn with the fiery aura of whatever sliver of power he had left, “Even if my opponent is a god, I will defeat anyone who stands in my way! Do you hear me?!” His power was steadily rising, “My name is Ryuga-”

That name again, he needed to know.

“My name is Ryuga-”

Just one more time, one more time.

MY NAME IS RYUGA: I REIGN OVER THIS WORLD AS THE STRONGEST, THE DRAGON EMPEROR HIMSELF!


(Flashback ends)

“WAAA!”

The mightiest of war cries split the heavens asunder as blood painted the grassland as the severed manticore tail sat there.

Staring in absolute horror, the manticore could not move for it was frightened by the power of the individual in front of him. Power pouring from him as if he was a fountain, showing no signs of pain from the gash on his hand.

One step was all it took for the manticore to turn in run, but it was far too late, “ULTIMATE MOVE: DRAGON EMPEROR LIFE DESTRUCTOR!” Fist made contact with skin precious seconds before the clearing was devoured by flames brighter than anything the inhabitants of the Everfree Forest ever experienced. By the time the flames disappeared, the manticore’s ash was so small that not even microscopes could see them.

However, having spent so much power in such a short amount of time accompanied by the pain in his leg and hand, Ryuga succumbed to his subconsciousness once again.

Little did he know, his spectacular display of power did not go unnoticed by anyone as the Unicorn in the bushes finally emerged from the bush. She deactivated the shield she had conjured to protect herself from the flames, a shield that already had holes in it from the heat. A smile crept up her mouth as she couldn’t contain her excitement, “Finally, after all this time, I have found one: a human being…”

Author's Note:

So, I know I am already breaking my rules, but this one just needed to be out because it was basically a rewrite, but do not worry, this will follow the upload schedule as pointed out in my latest blog.

Comments ( 8 )

Oh hey, I remember this show!

So will this continue I remember there being more really wanted to reread it

More please

Will this be updated?

10203727
Yeah, not sure when, but I will update it soon.

How the fuck would Trixie know what a human is? What session and episode are we in?

Wonder how Spike would be handled in this fic given the dragon motif stuff here with Ryuga and L-Drago there?

Login or register to comment