• Published 24th Oct 2017
  • 1,099 Views, 33 Comments

Soaring Hearts - RuinQueenofOblivion



Scootaloo is trying to get up the courage to tell Sweetie Belle how she really feels about her, what will happen when she admits the truth? What will happen next?

  • ...
3
 33
 1,099

Choices

Scootaloo headed home after they had finished working in the clubhouse, they had managed to help some ponies figure their cutie marks out but she still felt a bit down. She knew it had been a long shot when she tried to admit her feelings to

Sweetie, but she had hoped that it might at least give her some sort of answer instead of a rather non-committal one while Sweetie thought about it.

She understood of course, they were friends and had been through a lot together so she didn't blame Sweetie for wanting to think it over. Still, it was kind of disappointing to her, but maybe she'd at least get an answer soon. In the meantime, she just had to try and focus on something else, anything else.

"Hey slugger, how'd it go today?" Lofty asked as Scootaloo entered the kitchen. "Anything new to report?"

"Well, I told Sweetie how I felt about her..." Scootaloo said softly as she rubbed her foreleg a little.

"Oh, how did that go?" Holiday asked curiously as she looked up from the food she was getting ready. "When's you two's first date?"

"She, well she didn't say yes, or no really," Scootaloo said with a sigh. "She said she had to think about it a bit before she could give me any sort of answer. I guess I don't really blame her, but I was really hoping that..."

She trailed off a little and her aunts smiled and trotted over and gave the little filly a hug.

"Yeah, I know what you mean, I remember my first crush on a filly," Lofty said with a chuckle. "I was just a little older than you are now and she, well, she didn't exactly say yes either. Still, you just have to give Sweetie time."

"Don't worry about it Scootaloo," Holiday said as she ruffled Scootaloo's mane a little. "Sweetie probably is going through the same thing you are right now. I don't think she'd really want to hurt your feelings, so just give her a little time to figure it out, I'm sure everything will be okay."

Scootaloo smiled a little as she hugged her two aunts. She was glad that she had two amazing aunts that were willing to help her out when she needed them to be there for her. It wasn't easy having her parents away all the time, but between them and Rainbow Dash she at least had ponies that were willing to be there for her whenever she needed them.

"Thanks, that really means a lot," she said as she looked up at the older ponies. "I don't really know what Sweetie's going to say, but I just hope that she'll still be my friend after all of this."

"Don't worry Scootaloo, there's no reason she wouldn't be," Holiday said and Lofty nodded. "You three have a bond most ponies could only dream of. You're not just best friends, you have a connection deeper than that, I remember what you told us about when you got your cutie marks together, that's something special."

Scootaloo smiled and nodded as she looked back at her cutie mark. They were right of course, it was hard to imagine having life without her friends, they were like her family more than anything else. That was something that would never change, no matter what happened.

"Now come on, lets stop with all this moping around, dinner's almost ready," Lofty said with a smile as she and Holiday got back to work on dinner. "And don't worry about all of that, I'm sure Sweetie will be able to figure this out soon enough."

"You really think so?" Scootaloo asked.

"Hey, love works in mysterious ways, look at the two of us," Holiday said with a chuckle. "Who would have thought a quick sketching session would lead to true love? Maybe you two are meant to be together, who knows."

"Just try not to ask her to mate you in front of her parents like a certain mare did," Lofty said with a smirk as she wrapped her wing around Holiday. "Don't worry about it Scootaloo, just be yourself and Sweetie will love you for it no matter what."

Scootaloo smiled and nodded as her aunts finished cooking and set the food out on the table, it was time to put that aside and eat some dinner.

00000

In another part of Ponyville Sweetie Belle was on her way home to Carousel Boutique and thoughts were racing through her mind. She hadn't expected Scootaloo to tell her that at all and honestly she had no idea what to do now that she had said it.

It wasn't that she didn't like Scootaloo, she just wasn't sure how to feel about the idea of dating her. Scootaloo was her best friend in Equestria, it was odd but even though she shared a bond with both Scootaloo and Apple Bloom, sometimes it felt like she was closer to the Pegasus filly.

Maybe it was because they both had parents that were always away doing Celestia only knew what, Sweetie's parents had basically dumped her on Rarity years ago and had never really bothered to raise her. Heck they hadn't even been there at her cute-cenera, something that Scootaloo could relate to.

Was it possible that she could feel more for the Pegasus filly than just friendship? Could their relationship really become something more? She honestly had no idea, she didn't want to say no to Scootaloo, but she wasn't sure if she was ready to say yes either, it was all very confusing!

She opened the door to the boutique where Rarity was working on a dress inside, she turned to see Sweetie and gave her a smile.

"Hey Sweetie, how are you doing this evening?" Rarity said with a smile as she paused her work on the dress. "How was school today?"

"It was okay I guess," Sweetie said with a shrug, maybe she should try talking to Rarity, she'd know what to do at least.

"Rarity, there's something I want to talk to you about, if you're not too busy."

"Oh sure darling, I'm almost done with this anyway and I can always make time for my little sister," Rarity said with a smile as she put her tools down for a moment and turned to look at Sweetie. "So what seems to be bothering you."

Sweetie took a deep breath, how was she going to tell Rarity this? It was weird, but she really had no idea how she'd be able to tell her big sister what was going on.

"Well, umm... somepony asked me out today," Sweetie said nervously as she rubbed her foreleg a little, she was going to say more when Rarity picked her up and hugged her.

"Oh wow, my little sister is growing up, who's the lucky colt? Is it that one colt Button Mash? I've seen the way he looks at you."

"What? No, its not Button Mash, its not a colt at all, its..."

"Oh so its a filly then!" Rarity said interrupting Sweetie again and making the filly groan in frustration. "That's great, who is it? What did you say? Do you feel the same way about her? Where are you going for your first date?"

Well, at least Sweetie didn't have to worry about Rarity being mad that it was a filly.

"Its Scootaloo," Sweetie finally managed to get out and paused a moment as if she was waiting for another interruption but it never came thankfully. "She, told me that she felt that way about me earlier and, well to be honest I don't quite know what to do. I mean, she's amazing and everything, she always makes me laugh, we have a lot of fun together, but... I don't quite know what to say to her, or how I feel about her."

Rarity paused for a long moment as she looked at Sweetie, she was finally starting to calm down a bit and was gathering her thoughts. Sweetie was a little nervous and she needed some advice, that much was clear to her, she just had to figure out what to tell her.

"Sweetie, what do you think about Scootaloo?"

"What do I think? She's my best friend in Equestria along with Apple Bloom, she was the first friend I really had when I moved to Ponyville," Sweetie said as she tried to gather her thoughts. "I, really don't know how I feel about her."

"It sounds to me like you may feel something for her at least," Rarity said with a smile as she pulled Sweetie in close. "I have to admit Scootaloo is a bit, wild at times."

"At times?" Sweetie said with a chuckle.

"Okay, more than at times, but she's a good pony, she's loyal, and cares about her friends a lot, its up to you, but if I had a pony like that after me, I wouldn't mind at least giving her a chance," Rarity said as she gave her little sister another hug. "I know it seems hard to believe, but I envy that a little bit."

"Really? Because I've seen the way you look at Applejack," Sweetie said with a chuckle which caused the mare to blush deeply.

"Yes, but this isn't about my love life," Rarity said quickly. "So what are you going to do?"

Sweetie thought about it for a long moment, she still wasn't sure what to do but maybe Rarity had a point. It wasn't that she didn't have any sort of feelings about Scootaloo but she honestly felt kind of conflicted about the whole thing.

Though the more she thought about it, the more it almost seemed to make sense to her. Scootaloo was an amazing pony that much was true, maybe it was worth at least giving her a chance instead of turning her down.

"Well, at least sleep on it, come on lets get some dinner," Rarity said as the two sisters headed into the kitchen.

"I still think you have a crush on Applejack," Sweetie said with a chuckle as Rarity blushed more.

"I do not!" Rarity protested but she was just blushing more at the suggestion. "How about this, if you agree to try dating Scootaloo, I'll ask Applejack out."

"I knew it!" Sweetie said with a laugh. "Alright, alright, but I'm holding you to that."

Rarity just rolled her eyes and hugged her little sister.

00000

Scootaloo was more nervous than she had ever felt, Sweetie had sent her a message saying that she wanted to meet her outside of Sugarcube Corner to talk about what had happened yesterday. What was she going to say? Was she going to feel the same way about her or was this going to all be for nothing?

Why did she feel so worried now? She wanted Sweetie to feel the same way about her, but she didn't want to scare her off either, what was going to happen?

"Hey Scootaloo!" A familiar pink pony said as she opened the door to Sugarcube Corner while holding a plate of cookies, she gave the filly a smile and offered her a cookie. "Want one? We're trying a new recipe."

"Oh, uh, sure," Scootaloo said a little surprised as she took a cookie and started eating it, it tasted pretty good at least.

"Thank you Pinkie, I'm sorry, I'm just trying to figure out some stuff right now is all."

"Let me guess, you're in love with somepony and you don't know how they feel?"

"Yeah, how'd you know?" Scootaloo asked as she looked at the strange pink mare.

"Oh, you just have that look on your face, I've seen it before," Pinkie said as Scootaloo took another bite of cookie. "So, who are you waiting for?"

"Sweetie Belle, she said she'd be here soon," Scootaloo said with a shake of her head. "I told her how I feel about her yesterday and I'm worried about what she's going to say."

"Yeah, but I'm sure everything will be okay, here take the rest of these cookies we can make more," Pinkie said as she placed the plate down on the ground next to Scootaloo. "You two have fun."

"Okay," Scootaloo said as she turned to see Sweetie walking up to her, she was dressed in a simple dress and gave Scootaloo a smile. Scootaloo blushed a little, Sweetie looked beautiful in that dress, but she wasn't sure what to say. "You look... wow..."

"Thank you," Sweetie said with a smile as she blushed a little and looked Scootaloo over, she hadn't really bothered to get dressed up, but she actually looked a bit less wild than usual, she even looked like she may have brushed her mane and tail more than usual.

"So, umm, does this mean you thought about what I asked you yesterday?" Scootaloo asked nervously as she looked at Sweetie Belle.

"I did, and I talked with Rarity about it as well," Sweetie said and paused for a long moment as if she was trying to figure out just how to say it. "Scootaloo, we've been friends for awhile now, and the more I think about it the more I realize I really do feel something for you. I just, am not entirely sure what that is yet."

Scootaloo's ears drooped a little, she wasn't sure what to make of what Sweetie was telling her, did she mean that she didn't feel that way about her? Or just that she didn't know how she felt about her yet?

"But I'm willing to at least try," Sweetie said with a smile as she placed her hoof on Scootaloo's withers. "You're special to me Scootaloo, no matter what you are friend or marefriend."

Scootaloo smiled and hugged the Unicorn filly, the two just held that hug for the longest moment, not caring who might see them.

"So, umm, what now?" Sweetie asked after a few moments.

"I, honestly didn't think that far ahead, oh Pinkie gave me cookies to share with you!" Scootaloo said and picked up the plate and offered Sweetie a cookie.

"Ooh, they smell delicious," Sweetie said and levitated one up and started to eat it.

Scootaloo just smiled and ate one too, they still had a few things to figure out, but this wasn't so bad, maybe it was even the start of something even better.

She hoped it would be.

Author's Note:

Obviously the story isn't over yet, there's still more to come.