• Published 25th Oct 2017
  • 1,231 Views, 26 Comments

Diamond Gold - Super Spike



Diamond Tiara goes to Twilight to apologize for disrupting her Twilight Time sessions, but accidentally gets turned into a colt in the process.

  • ...
5
 26
 1,231

Camping

Last night was a very long night for both Spike and Diamond Gold. Diamond Gold kept on thinking about tomorrow’s camping trip and wondered if it will truly help him fit in. For Spike, he thought about the fact that he just got turned into a pony and wanted to stay that way. He fully admitted that he wasn’t happy with being a dragon and wanted to be a pony instead. The two of them barely got any sleep from what they had only just experienced.

By morning, they were both tired and had walked to school with very sleepy eyes. Once they got to school, Diamond Gold saw a purple unicorn colt walking up toward her.

“Hey Diamond,” the colt said. “You okay?”

“No,” Diamond Gold responded. “I just—wait, who are you? I recognize that voice, but I’m not sure whose it is.”

“I’m Spike,” the colt responded.

“Wait, Spike? You’re a…a…a…”

“A pony.”

“But how?”

“Twilight accidentally turned me into one yesterday. There’s no way to fix it, but I’m fine with this. I’m so happy that I can finally live a normal life.”

“But I thought you liked being a dragon.”

“I did. But once I turned into a pony, I realized that I could never become a greedy dragon ever again.”

“Oh yeah, I remember when that happened.”

“I could never forgive myself for that.” Spike then shed a tear and Diamond Gold hugged him.

“Hey, don’t be too hard on yourself. You couldn’t control it.”

“I know. But right now, that’s not important. I want to know what had happened yesterday. You were saying something happened to you.”

“If I tell, will you please not tell anypony about this? Not even Silver Spoon?”

“I Pinkie Promise. Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.”

“Oh thanks, Spike!”

“Anytime.”

Pinkie Pie hid behind the schoolhouse, giggled a bit, and then ran off.

The bell then rang and the colts and fillies ran inside the classroom. Before class could begin, Cheerilee had an announcement to make.

“Okay, class,” she said. “I have an announcement to make: that colt that’s sitting next to Diamond Gold and Silver Spoon is Spike.

The entire class, except for Spike and Diamond Gold, gasped.

“Wait, what?” Apple Bloom responded.

“I just wanted to be clear of who’s who,” Cheerilee finished. “Now, let’s begin class.”

* * * *

As class ended, the weekend officially started. The fillies ran home, while the colts grouped up on the playground. They each had backpacks full of camping gear. As Diamond Gold, Silver Spoon, and Spike joined them, Twilight walked to the playground.

“Hey guys,” she called out to the colts. “Is there a chaperone here?”

“No, why?” asked Snips.

“It’s too dangerous to go into the woods alone,” Twilight responded.

“But we planned this out two months ago,” said Rumble. “Besides, it’s not like it’s in the Everfree Forest.”

“Don’t worry,” said Thunderlane, who walked toward Twilight. “I’ll watch.”

“Big brother!” Rumble called out.

“Hi Rumble, I’m going to be the chaperone for the camping trip.”

“Cool!”

Some of the colts weren’t too happy to have a chaperone with them, but Rumble, Spike, Diamond Gold, and Silver Spoon understood the situation and smiled.

“Well, if that works out, then I’m fine with it,” said Twilight.

The colts cheered.

“See ya, Mom,” said Spike.

“No problem,” Twilight responded.

The colts followed Thunderlane, happy that their camping trip was still happening. Diamond Gold and Silver Spoon walked next to each other, happy to be together for the trip.

After about an hour of walking, Thunderlane and the foals walked past the outskirts of Ponyville and into the woods.

“All right everypony,” announced Thunderlane. “Here we are. Camp Everfree, which is about a mile away from the Everfree Forest.”

The colts cheered and began setting up camp for the night. As Diamond Gold pulled out his tent gear out of his saddlebags, Silver Spoon walked up to him feeling rather concerned.

“Is everything alright?” she asked.

“Oh, I don’t know,” Diamond Gold responded. “Is this camping trip really going to help?”

“I’m sure it will. Just have faith.”

“Okay, Silver Spoon. I’ll try.”

* * * *

The whole library was a mess. Twilight searched all over it to find a possible reversal spell to return Diamond Tiara back to normal.

“Oh, I don’t know what to do,” Twilight said to herself. “It’s been five days and still no luck!”

As she continued searching, a knock on the door sounded. Twilight immediately stopped searching.

“Come in,” she said.

The door opened and Filthy Rich stepped in.

“Filthy…er, I mean, Mr. Rich,” said Twilight. “What brings you here?”

“I think you know why,” Filthy Rich responded. “My daughter is on a camping trip. She told me about it two days ago and I was wondering if you have any sort of idea where she went.”

“She and the colts went to Camp Everfree. It’s about a mile away from the Everfree Forest, but don’t worry. There are no dangerous animals or creatures near the campsite and Thunderlane is chaperoning the kids.”

“Oh, okay. I also came by to see if you by any chance happen to find a reverse spell or potion to change my daughter back.”

“Not yet. I’ve been searching all over the library and have been conducting experiments to create a potion, but I still haven’t found anything to fix the problem.”

“Oh.”

“I’m trying. Spike and I have looked and tried everything. I might have to see Zecora if I don’t find something by tomorrow.”

“Maybe I can help.”

“If you want.”

The two of them dug through the pile of books and searched everywhere for the next two hours, but still no luck.

“I don’t know what to do,” said Filthy Rich. “I just want my precious Diamond to be happy.

“I understand, Mr. Rich,” Twilight responded. “I’m doing everything I can to fix this. I’m so sorry.”

“I know. I just want Diamond Tiara or Diamond Gold to be happy, no matter what gender he or she is.”

“I will keep searching and update you when I have something. If I can’t find anything by tomorrow, I will contact Princess Celestia. I promise you, this will be fixed.”

“Thank you for your help.”

“No problem. I’ll tell Diamond Tiara that you were here if that’s okay with you.”

“Thanks.”

Filthy Rich left Golden Oak Library and Twilight resumed her search. After a while of searching, she began sweating.

What am I going to do? I can’t seem to find any way of fixing this problem.

* * * *

Thunderlane gathered all of the foals to a campfire. As everypony began roasting marshmallows, Diamond Gold turned toward Spike, feeling worried.

“Hey Spike, can I talk to you for a second?” Diamond Gold asked Spike.

“Of course,” Spike responded.

“Is this camping trip really going to help? I mean, I don’t have much experience with the outdoors. I’ve never camped before.”

“Of course, Diamond Gold. I’ve done it before with Twilight. It’s just Camp Everfree. It’ll be fun. Besides, we’re going river rafting tomorrow morning.”

“Is it safe?”

“Of course, I’ve done it before with my mother and her friends.”

“Your mother?”

“Yeah, Twilight. She adopted me yesterday.”

“She did?”

“Yes. The day I turned into a pony.”

“Cool. My mother wouldn’t let me do any of this.”

“Really? Why?”

“Well, she’s always trying to get me into business. I don’t know what to do about it. She says that I should only be with rich ponies and shun those who aren’t.”

“Is that why you’ve been tormenting the Cutie Mark Crusaders?”

“Well, yeah.” Diamond Gold then groaned a bit. “But it’s no excuse! I know I shouldn’t be bullying them. But I don’t know how to stop!”

“Well, they said that they wanted to help you. Why don’t you accept the offer?”

“I don’t know if I can. I feel that it’s just too late to turn back. I’m scared about what my mother will do to me if I accept them in my life.”

“Who’s your mother?”

“Spoiled Rich.”

“Oh. Doesn’t she run the school board?”

“Yes.”

“I’m sure if you talk to her and your father at the same time, things can be fixed.”

“Really?”

“Of course. I’m not lying. If you need any help, you can always talk to others. I’m sure they’ll help you.”

“Okay. I’ll try.”

With that said, the two of them resumed their marshmallow roasting. Afterwards, everypony went into their tents, with Diamond Gold and Silver Spoon sharing one. As they walked inside and got in their sleeping bags, Diamond Gold began to feel worried.

I hope that this trip isn’t too dangerous, he thought. I don’t want Mother to sue the whole school.