• Published 25th Oct 2017
  • 1,234 Views, 26 Comments

Diamond Gold - Super Spike



Diamond Tiara goes to Twilight to apologize for disrupting her Twilight Time sessions, but accidentally gets turned into a colt in the process.

  • ...
5
 26
 1,234

Let's Find Hope

Diamond Gold walked to school and saw the Cutie Mark Crusaders walking toward him. This agitated him.

“What do you want, blank flanks?” he asked in a rather annoyed tone.

“We just wanna to know how ya feel,” Apple Bloom responded.

“You’ve been feeling really sad lately,” Sweetie Belle continued.

Diamond Gold sighed.

“Well, it hasn’t been easy for me,” Diamond Gold answered.

“I know how you feel,” Sweetie Belle said.

“You really mean that?” Diamond Gold asked.

“Of course I do,” Sweetie Belle responded.

“After all that I’ve done to all of you, you’re all still concerned about me?” Diamond Gold asked.

“Absolutely,” Scootaloo responded grudgingly. She was still a bit mad about how he and Silver Spoon made fun of her inability to fly.

“Well, if ya need us, we’re here to support ya,” Apple Bloom finished.

“Whatever,” Diamond Gold responded. “Like I’ll need it.”

The four of them went into class. Once class began, Diamond Gold looked at the clock. It was nine o’clock. Just two more hours until recess.

* * * *

“…Queen Chrysalis was banished by the Elements of Harmony,” Cheerilee lectured. “But who knows if she’s still around planning on her revenge.”

Right at the end of the lecture, the bell rang and the students walked outside for recess. Diamond Gold walked to the swing sets and began swinging. Within a few moments, Pipsqueak joined him.

“So, uh, is everything alright?” he asked.

“I guess,” Diamond Gold responded. “I just don’t know if I’m up to this.”

“Up to what?” Pipsqueak asked.

“The camping trip.”

“Don’t worry. The trip is absolutely safe. We’ll make sure that nothing bad happens to us.”

“It’s not that. I just don’t know if I have the courage to learn how to survive as a colt.”

“Diamond Gold, I know that you will make it.”

“You really think so?”

“Of course, it’s not really that bad. It’s just about the same as being a filly.”

“It is?”

“Of course, we’re all different colors. Boys can like pink too, you know.”

“Well, even though I’m now a boy, my favorite color is still pink. Not to mention, I am pink.”

“That’s not a problem. I like princesses and nopony finds that weird.”

“Every foal here likes princesses, though,” Diamond Gold explained. “They’re heroes.”

“I know that,” Pipsqueak said. “It’s just amazing to see them.”

“You know what? You’re right. I need to stop worrying about that kind of stuff.”

“Then are you up to going?”

“Definitely.”

“Then I’ll see you after school on Friday.”

“You got it.”

* * * *

After school, Diamond Gold and Silver Spoon walked to Silver Spoon’s house. The two of them decided to hang out there instead as it felt more appealing to Diamond Gold. He wanted to get away from his girly room and wanted to be somewhere else, as long as it was away from his house.

Once the two of them made it to Silver Spoon’s house, they sat on the living room couch.

“Well, I’m bored, Diamond,” Silver Spoon said. “Do you want to play some video games?”

“Sure,” he responded. “What games do you have?”

“I have Pony Crossing, Colt-Man, and Mare Dug,” Silver Spoon listed.

“How about Pony Crossing?” Diamond Gold asked.

“Okay,” Silver Spoon responded.

The two of them began playing the game and went through a lot of interesting levels. After a while, however, Diamond Gold began to feel tired.

“I getting a bit tired, Silver Spoon,” he said. “I think I should be heading home soon. I only slept for four hours last night.”

“Oh, I’m sorry to hear that. Why didn’t you tell me earlier?”

“I didn’t want you to feel disappointed.”

“Hey, it’s okay, Diamond. Get some rest.”

“Thanks, Silver Spoon.”

Diamond Gold made it back home and then walked to the dining table to get some dinner. He saw his father, Filthy Rich, waiting for him.

“Is everything okay?” he asked.

“I don’t know,” Diamond Gold responded. “I just don’t know who I am at this point.”

“Hey, don’t let this get to you,” his father replied. “You’re still my son or daughter, whichever you’d like to be known as.”

“Thanks, Daddy,” Diamond Gold responded.

“Why don’t we go see a movie tonight? That might take your mind off of this.”

“Sure. How about A Mare to Remember?”

“Whatever you want, sweetie.”

“Oh, thanks, Daddy.”

The two of them finished eating their dinner and then went to the Ponyville Movie Theater to watch the movie they wanted to see.

* * * *

Meanwhile, back at Golden Oak Library, Twilight worked on some lab experiments in the basement to see if she could find a cure to change Diamond Gold back into a filly. Unfortunately, she couldn’t seem to find any possibilities. Spike walked inside the basement to see if Twilight was okay.

“Everything okay, Twilight?” Spike asked.

“Yes, Spike,” Twilight responded. “Just trying to find a way to reverse the spell Diamond Tiara is under. I’m not sure if I can change him back. By the way, how’s school going?”

“It’s great,” Spike said. “I made some more friends. I’ve been hanging out with the Cutie Mark Crusaders, Pipsqueak, Rumble, Featherweight, and, recently, Diamond Gold and Silver Spoon.”

“Wait, who’s Diamond Gold?” Twilight asked.

“Diamond Tiara,” Spike answered. “He’s been calling himself that because he doesn’t think that Diamond Tiara fits for himself anymore.”

“Oh. They’re not giving you a hard time, are they?”

“Actually, no. In fact, they seem to see me as a great friend. Remember, I went to his place yesterday. Diamond Gold actually thanked me for helping him up when you accidentally dropped books on him prior to when he turned into a colt.”

“Well that’s very nice of him. Well, it’s getting late, Spike. I think you should get to bed soon.”

“Okay, Twilight. See you in the morning.”

With that said, Spike walked back upstairs and lay in his basket. As he began feeling sleepy, he thought of his two new friends. Both of them seemed to see him as a great helper.

I hope you’re okay, Diamond, he thought. I just hope whatever you’re going through that you’ll manage to emerge from it happily.