• Published 25th Oct 2017
  • 1,231 Views, 26 Comments

Diamond Gold - Super Spike



Diamond Tiara goes to Twilight to apologize for disrupting her Twilight Time sessions, but accidentally gets turned into a colt in the process.

  • ...
5
 26
 1,231

Spell Attempt

The next morning, Diamond Gold walked to school. On the way there, Spike joined her.

"Hey Diamond Gold," he said. "I have some news for you."

"What is it?" Diamond Gold asked.

"I think my mother may have a possible spell to change her back," Spike responded.

Upon hearing what Spike had just told him, Diamond Gold's eyes lit up.

"Really?" he responded excitedly.

"Yes," Spike responded. "She said that after school, you can come by to get changed back into a filly."

Diamond Gold ran up to Spike and hugged him.

"Oh, thank you, thank you, Spike!" he said excitedly.

"You're welcome, Diamond Gold," Spike responded. "I'm glad your happy. I don't care what you look like, I'm just glad to see you happy."

"Thanks, Spike. You're a great friend."

"You're welcome, and thanks for being a great friend, too."

"You're welcome."

"Now, let's get to school, shall we?"

"You got it."

As the two of them walked into the schoolhouse, they were greeted by the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

"Hey Diamond Gold," Apple Bloom greeted. "How's everything going?"

"It's great," Diamond Gold responded. "Spike has told me that Twilight might have a spell to change me back. I'm so excited!"

"Ah'm glad you're happy," Apple Bloom said. "How about we join you after school?"

"Sure," Diamond Gold responded. "Maybe Silver Spoon can come as well."

"You got it," Apple Bloom responded.

As the foals walked inside, they saw Miss Cheerilee talk to somepony. Once she was done talking to him, she turned her attention toward the five foals that just took their seats.

"Diamond Gold," she said. "Twilight Sparkle would like you to come to her library after class. She said that she learned a spell that will hopefully change you back into a filly."

"I heard," Diamond Gold responded. "Spike told me."

"I see," Cheerilee responded. "She also wanted me to tell you that she would like to see you and Spike in ten minutes. So for now, you and Spike are dismissed from class."

"Uh, okay," Diamond Gold responded.

"Come on," Spike said. "Let's go see my mother."

"Wait!" Apple Bloom called out. "We're coming too! We promised that we would be there for Diamond Gold!"

Apple Bloom pointed to Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and Silver Spoon.

"That's very nice of you," Cheerilee responded. "But unfortunately, Twilight Sparkle only asked for Spike and Diamond Gold to come see her. I'm afraid you all have to stay in class today. I'm sorry, but it is what it is."

"Okay," Apple Bloom responded.

"It's okay, Apple Bloom," Diamond Gold said. "You'll all be in my hearts."

"You really mean that," Apple Bloom asked.

"Of course," Diamond Gold responded. "Now then, I must get going now."

With that said, Diamond Gold and Spike walked out of the classroom, ready for what awaits them.

* * * *

Within a few minutes, Spike and Diamond Gold entered Golden Oak Library and Twilight greeted them the moment they walked inside.

"Hello, Diamond Gold," she said. "I'm glad that you could make it today. Now then, are you ready to be transformed back into a filly?"

"Am I?" Diamond Gold responded. "Why wouldn't I? I've been waiting to change back for over a week! I want to be a filly. That's who I am!" He then stopped when he realized that he went a little too far on how said that. "Oh, sorry I said it that way. I'm just worried that I'll turn back into a brat like I used to be."

"That's okay," Twilight Sparkle responded. "I know how you feel. I've gotten worried about what would happen if things reverted back to when situations weren't as good. But tell me, have you learned about tolerating others and accepting them for whom they are?"

"Well, I've been working on it. I've been working on it actually. I made friends with Spike and the Cutie Mark Crusaders and I went on a camping trip with a bunch of colts and have gone river rafting. To be honest, I liked it. I liked hanging out with other ponies and making new friends."

"I'm glad that you had a great time. Now then, are you ready?"

"I'm ready when you are."

"Okay, hold still."

Twilight cast a spell on Diamond Gold, causing him to glow and float. Within a few seconds, he fell to the ground. As he opened his eyes, he saw Twilight looking rather depressed.

"Everything all right, Twilight?" Diamond Gold asked. Upon hearing his voice, he covered his mouth. "Oh no! I still sound like a colt!"

Twilight sighed.

"That's because you still are one," she said. "I'm sorry, Diamond Gold. But I'm afraid that you're still a colt."

Diamond Gold sighed in defeat, but then looked at Twilight calmly.

"It's okay," Diamond Gold responded. "I know that you tried."

"Thanks," Twilight responded. "I guess I didn't learn the right spell."

"Then what was the spell that you cast on me?"

"A 'dud spell'. It was a spell that was intended to do something, but failed to do so and as a result, nothing happened."

"Oh."

"Don't worry, Diamond Gold. I'm still sure that I can change you back. I must've cast it wrong it. I should take a look at the spell that I studied and see if I can fix it."

"I understand."

"Now then," Twilight said to Spike and Diamond Gold. "You two need to get back in class. I'll take a look at what I did wrong and inform both of you when I'm absolutely sure that I have the spell done right.

"You got it, Twilight!" Diamond Gold responded.

"Thanks for trying, Mom," Spike said.

"You're welcome, Spike," Twilight responded.

The two foals walked out of the library and began heading back to school. As they walked back, Diamond Gold stared at the ground most of the way, feeling rather depressed.

"Are you okay?" Spike asked.

"Not really," Diamond Gold responded. "I thought I was going to be changed back today. But I'm still a colt. I don't know if I'll ever be a filly again."

"I'm sure you will. I know it didn't work this time, but I'm sure that my mom can fix the problem and change you back in no time."

"What if she can't change me back? What if I have to stay as a colt for the rest of my life?"

"Trust me: she'll figure it out. Even if she doesn't, she can contact one of the princesses to help change you back."

"Really?"

"Of course, I'm not lying. All I need to do is send a letter to Princess Celestia and she'll come in a flash."

"But I thought you were only able to do that when you were a dragon."

"My mom taught me how to send letters shortly after we got back from the river rafting trip. It will be a quick trip for Princess Celestia. She'll be able to help you in a flash."

Diamond Gold hugged Spike.

"Oh thanks, Spike," Diamond Gold said.

"You're welcome," Spike responded. "Now then, let's head back to school. We don't want to miss recess."

"Right," Diamond Gold responded.

* * * *

One the two foals made it back to class. As soon as Miss Cheerilee saw them, she looked rather concerned at Diamond Gold, who was staring at the ground.

"Everything okay?" Cheerilee asked Diamond Gold.

"No," he responded. "The spell didn't work. I'm still a colt."

"Sorry to hear about that. Tell you what, how about during recess, we can talk about what happened."

"Okay."

"Now then, let's resume class. Please take your seats."

Spike and Diamond Gold did as they were told and listened to the rest of the lecture.

* * * *

Once the bell rang, the students walked out of the classroom. Spike and Diamond Gold remained in their seats as Cheerilee walked toward them.

"So, what happened at Twilight's?" she asked the two of them.

"Twilight cast a spell on me that was intended to change me back into a filly," Diamond Gold responded. "But nothing happened."

"It was a 'dud spell' as my mom called it," Spike continued.

"I'm sorry to hear about that," Cheerilee said.

"I did tell him that my mom and I can contact Princess Celestia if all doesn't work," Spike responded.

"Well, if there's anything else you two need to talk about," Cheerilee said. "You can tell me."

"Thanks, Miss Cheerilee," Diamond Gold said happily.

"No problem," Cheerilee responded. "Now how about you two have fun at recess. It ends in fifteen minutes."

"Okay," Diamond Gold responded.

With the conversation finished, Spike and Diamond Gold walked outside, happy that they have someone to talk to about their problems.

* * * *

Once school ended, Diamond Gold walked back home, where he was greeted by his father.

"Hi sweetie," Filthy Rich said. "How did it go?"

"Well, Twilight tried to change me back," Diamond Gold responded. "But it didn't work. I'm still a colt and I don't know if I'll ever be a filly again. I'm sorry, Daddy!"

He began sobbing. Filthy Rich hugged his son.

"There, there," he said. "Daddy's here to support you and so is Mommy." He looked at Spoiled Rich. "Isn't that right?"

"Of course dear," she said, as she walked up to them and hugged Diamond Gold. "Everything's going to be okay. We'll get through this one way or another."

"Thanks, Mother," Diamond Gold responded.

At that point, all Diamond Gold could think of was that he may not be a colt at the moment, but his family and friends were always with him regardless of the situation. Even his mother. She may have been harsh toward him in the past, but ever since the spell happened to him, his mother had changed and wanted to help him get through whatever problems that may happen to him in the future.