• Published 2nd Nov 2017
  • 2,878 Views, 6 Comments

Don't Cry Rarity... - Texas Style Brony



When Rarity loses her mane, she is devastated. Fortunately, her friends know someone who would be more than happy to cheer her up

  • ...
4
 6
 2,878

You don't need your mane to be special...

Fluttershy's Cottage

"I'll just have to cancel the photo shoot...." Rarity told Fluttershy as she put on her hood. Earlier that day, Rarity had accidentally used remover potion instead of shampoo when she took a shower. She had the shock of her life when she saw that she only had small, twisted strands of hair on her head when she looked in the mirror. Throughout the day, she and her friends tried everything they could to fix up what was left of her once bouncy and curly locks. However, after the last attempt with Fluttershy, she had finally given up.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Rarity. I wish there was something more I could do..." Fluttershy told her.

"It's ok Fluttershy, really. I'll be in the boutique if you or the others need me." Rarity replied. She trotted off slowly with tears forming in her eyes. After all of the time she had spent preparing for the Vanity Mare photo shoot, she would have to cancel all of her orders and cancel the shoot itself. Her day had been completely and utterly ruined.


Twilight's Castle, map room

"She hasn't been the same pony at all!" Applejack said. The Mane Six minus Pinkie and Rarity along with Starlight Glimmer were talking about Rarity's dilemma and how to best deal with it.

"I know, what can we do?" Rainbow Dash replied.

"The only thing that could fix this would be getting her mane back, but Zecora said that that could take a while." Starlight replied.

"So what do we do until then? She can't stay locked in her boutique for the next few months!" Fluttershy commented. During this time, Twilight had been sitting in her seat, contemplating on possible solutions for the situation. Suddenly, she had an idea.

"I got it! Girls, we can send Tom to help her!" Twilight exclaimed. Tom was a human aged in his late teens or early twenties who was discovered near the Everfree forest one day. At first Princess Celestia had him imprisoned because she was afraid that he could be dangerous to ponies, but when Fluttershy visited and discovered that he was intelligent, she along with the rest of the Mane Six convinced the princess to release him on the condition that they would help him adapt to Equestrian life. Tom, despite his shyness and experience in the Royal dungeon, was often a very cheery person who always sought to help any pony in need. He had gained a reputation in Ponyville as not only Equestria's only human, but also as one of the kindest creatures around.

"He has always super helpful! I can still remember that time I sprained a wing and a hoof and he would help me travel around Ponyville!" Rainbow Dash interjected.

"I think that could work! Tom helped me cheer up Applebloom once when she had a nightmare about what happened to our parents!" Applejack replied.

"He would especially be helpful to Rarity since she was the one who made him his first set of clothes since he left the dungeon!" Starlight added.

"Well then, let's go get him!" Twilight said as they began trotting out of the castle.


Sweet Apple Acres

Tom had just loaded the last bushel of apples onto the cart for Big Mac to run back to the barn. Ever since Tom was released, he had been working and living at Sweet Apple Acres with the Apples. He and Big Mac got along very well since they were both shy males. They often would work together on the farm and do guys nights with Spike and Discord.

"That should be the last one for the morning Big Mac!" Tom said as he put down the large basket full of apples.

"Thanks Tom! I'll see ya back at the house!" Big Mac replied before he began dragging the cart back to the barn. Tom usually liked to rest under a tree after finishing his work before going back to the house. Today was no different. After taking off his sweat-drenched shirt and work boots, he picked an apple from the tree and began eating it. After finishing the apple, he dozed off.

"Tom? Are ya busy?" Tom was suddenly jostled awake to see Applejack, Rainbow, Fluttershy, Twilight, and Starlight looking at him.

"Hi girls! What's going on?"


One explanation later

"Wow, that's terrible! Poor Rarity!" Tom stated in shock after the mane situation was explained to him.

"Yeah, she was upset about cancelling her shoot with Vanity Mare!" Fluttershy responded.

"We were hoping that you would be able to go and cheer her up. You've been really good at helping ponies feel better!" Twilight told him. Upon hearing this, Tom was then determined to help Rarity.

"Of course I will! Just let me get some clean clothes on back at the house first!" Tom replied as he and the ponies went to the house at Sweet Apple Acres.


Carousel Boutique

"Phew! Ok, here I go." Tom said to himself as he gently knocked on the door. He had showered and put on a fresh t-shirt, jeans, and tennis shoes. He was hoping that Rarity would be open to him helping her.

"Come in.." Rarity's voice called from inside the boutique. Tom opened up the door and looked inside. The first thing that he noticed was that the floor was covered in buckets of ice cream. He then looked up and saw Rarity laying on her couch in her bathrobe. Her mane was, indeed, a ragged mess compared to the mane Tom had grown used to seeing.

"Would you mind closing the door? I'm more comfortable in the dark." Rarity told him. Tom entered and complied.

"Rarity?" Tom called out. Being somewhat surprised by the masculine voice, Rarity turned and looked to see the human.

"Tom? What are you doing here? Did the others tell you?" Rarity asked in a curious, yet somewhat depressed manner.

"Yes, they told me what happened. I just wanted to see if you were ok." Tom replied.

"Ok? Tom, I just lost my mane! Without it, ponies around town had been ignoring me and refuse to acknowledge my presence! Not to mention that I have become very ugly! A curse upon everypony's eyes!" Rarity retorted to him while looking down. She soon broke down in tears again. Tom was taken slightly aback by this. He walked over to sit next to her on her couch.

"Rarity, look at me." Rarity turned her face to see him. Wet mascara had stained her cheeks and hopelessness filled her eyes.

"You are anything but ugly. I'm not sure why ponies have been ignoring you today, but I can tell you that it's not based on your looks. You remember when I first got out of the Royal dungeon, right?"

"Yes, I remember." Rarity replied. She sniffled and stopped crying.

"I was covered in dirt, cuts, and bruises, my old clothes were worn down to little more than a ragged loin cloth, and I was terrified of ponies, yet you and the others went through big hoops to help me." Tom continued.

"Even though I kept struggling and panicking, you took my measurements. I cannot even describe the joy I felt on the day when you gave me that gift box full of new clothes! Your generosity was what enabled me to come out of my shell and start befriending ponies!"

"Tom, what are you trying to say?" Rarity asked him.

"I'm saying that it's not your looks which make you beautiful. It's how you treat others. You and the other girls have done so much for me to fit in! Did you know that one of the greatest acts of kindness that can be done for a human is giving him clothes when he has nothing to wear? You saved me that day Rarity! Whether you have a mane or not, all I see is a beautiful lady who cares about those in need." Tom finished.

"Oh Tom, I never thought of it that way before!" Rarity said, with tears forming in her eyes. However, these were tears of joy. She knew she was the element of generosity, but she didn't think that she would have such a huge impact on anybody's life up until Tom told his story.

"It's all true Rarity. And to be honest, even without your mane, I still think that you look beautiful on the outside too!" Upon saying this, Rarity broke down and wrapped her forelegs around him in a big hug. Tom gladly returned the hug.

"Oh thank you so much Tom! You're such a big sweetheart!" Rarity happily exclaimed as Tom hugged her tighter.

"Thank you Rarity. Thank you so much for saving me when I was lost." Tom then reached one arm up and began scratching behind one of Rarity's soft, silky ears. Rarity gasped in slight shock when she first felt it, but then she melted right into it.

"I've noticed that you ponies love ear scratches. I thought you might enjoy it." Tom told her. Rarity nuzzled up to his neck.

"I do, darling! Please don't stop!" Tom happily obliged. Rarity removed her hooves from around Tom's waist and was simply leaning into his chest while he kept one arm around her barrel while using the other to scratch her ears. Eventually, Rarity put her full weight on Tom and pushed him down onto the couch, much to his surprise. Tom and Rarity both blushed immensely when they hit the couch.

"Oh, forgive me darling, its just that, you have really brightened up my day." Rarity told him.

"I was wondering...... Could you cuddle me? It would make my day so much better!" She continued, deepening the blush of both parties even more.

"Of course! I'll do anything that helps you feel better!" Tom responded. Rarity's smile became much wider when she heard this. She then used her magic to levitate her robe off. She then crawled up slightly so that her face was level with Tom's. With her robe off, Tom and Rarity once again embraced each other. Her fur coat, like her ears, was also very silky, and despite her messy state, she still had a very fresh, rosy scent.

"Mmmm, thank you so much! I always wanted to cuddle somepony, but I could never find the perfect opportunity to do it." Rarity mentioned.

"You enjoy cuddles? How come you never told your friends?" Tom asked, while gently stroking along her smooth back.

"I don't know. I guess I just felt that it would not be proper for a lady to ask for such things from her peers." Rarity replied. She had begun rubbing her right cheek against Tom's. The sensation of fur-on-skin contact was something new to both of them, and they enjoyed it greatly.

"Rarity, you're coat is so soft! It's almost irresistible!!" Tom blissfully told Rarity

"Why thank you! I only use the best conditioners to take care of myself!"she replied.

Rarity also took one hoof and started tracing circles around the top of Tom's head, feeling through his hair.

After about five minutes of blissfully hugging the pony on top of him, Tom took one of his arms off and reached his finger toward the pony's snout.

"Boop!"

Rarity, who had closed her eyes earlier, suddenly opened them and looked at Tom's finger with slight surprise before giggling slightly.

"Hey Rarity, can you sit up? I got an idea." Tom told her.

"Oh, ok!" Rarity complied. Tom also sat up.

"Lay on your back across my lap." Rarity did as she was told, revealing her soft, exposed belly. Tom then placed the palm of his hand on it and began gently rubbing it.

"mmmmMMMMMMMmmmmm!!" Rarity moaned in deep pleasure. Unlike her ears and back, Rarity's tummy fuzz was a little more coarse in texture, yet still very soft. One of her legs began twitching slightly when Tom's hand rubbed around her lower belly.

"Enjoying yourself much?" Tom asked the blissful unicorn.

"OH TOM!! I am in heaven!!!!" Rarity excitedly exclaimed. This belly rub was truly another level above the spa in terms of helping the pony relax.

"You know, if you ever want to look for a job in town, I highly suggest that you try and apply for the spa. You already seem to know how to please a pony!" Rarity told Tom while enjoying the belly rub.

After six minutes, she used her magic to levitate Tom's hand away. She then used her magic to lean Tom back down.

"Oh, want more snuggles, do we?" Tom asked her.

"Actually, I was hoping to give you a belly rub in return." Rarity said while lifting his shirt with her teeth. Tom suddenly tensed up slightly, but Rarity didn't notice. She then sank her hooves into his skin.

"Rarity-HEHEHEHEEEE!!!!" Tom tried to talk to her but was cut off when he felt her hooves start rubbing him. He jumped slightly, causing Rarity to pull her hooves away before looking at him confusedly. She suddenly grinned menacingly.

"Uh-oh! Are you ticklish darling???" She asked him teasingly before using her magic to hold back his wrists and ankles.

"Maybe.... a little?" Tom replied while struggling against his magic bonds.

"Well I suppose a little won't hurt too much, now would it?" Rarity teased him again before rubbing her hooves into his midsection again. Tom began howling with laughter as Rarity's hooves rubbed all along his stomach and sides, stimulating many of his most ticklish areas.

"RAHAHAHARRIHIHIHTEHEHEHE!!! PLEHEHEHEEHESE!!!!" Tom tried to call her off, but Rarity didn't listen. She was simply enjoying this too much! How could a creature so big have such an adorable weakness? After a full minute, she removed her hooves and blew a small raspberry on his navel before releasing her magic from him.

"My my! I thought you said that you were only a little ticklish!" Rarity teased again. Suddenly, Tom used his now-freed hands to attack Rarity on her exposed tummy.

"WAHAHAHAAHAHHA!!!! TOHOHAOAHAOAHAMM!! STOHAHAAHAHAHAP!!!!!" Rarity tried to stop him as he sat up while she fell over on her back. Both were still on the sofa. The sensation of ten little fingers wiggling all over her were too much to bear!

"Come on Rare! I can't let you have all the fun now, can I?" Tom teased at her. He soon let go, however, when Rarity started lighting her horn up.

"Tom! So ungentlemanly of you to tickle a lady without her consent!" Rarity half-sarcastically, half-literally scolded after catching her breath.

"You're right. I'm sorry. If only I could make it up to you somehow..." Tom replied in the same manner. Rarity then began thinking of what they could possibly do now.

"I know! Come to my room, now!" She said. She immediately trotted upstairs to her bedroom with Tom in tow. However, he stopped right outside the door, shuffling nervously.

"Tom, are you ok?" Rarity asked with some concern.

"I am, but where I come from, it's considered immoral for a man to go into a woman's room when the two aren't... together." Tom replied. Rarity smiled, then she trotted over and put her hoof in his hand.

"Don't worry about that kind of thing here. As long as you don't try anything too funny, you have my full permission to enter my quarters. You have helped me out so much today, and seeing that you care about living a clean life and helping others to live clean as well just shows that you are what every mare wants and what every colt and stallion should look up to: a true gentleman." After hearing this encouragement, Tom escorted Rarity into her room. She then hopped on the bed and signaled for him to join her. After hopping on the bed, Rarity slowly lowered him down on his back with her hooves.

"Now Tom, I'm going snuggle you. Your exceptional cuddling skills have brought me out of my depressed episode, and now I can't help but to want more. You will meet me here every day after I close up shop and we will cuddle like there's no tomorrow. Got it?" Rarity asked with a seductive look on her face.

"O-Ok Rarity! If you really want to do it!" Tom replied with a nervous smile on his face. Deep inside of him, though, he knew that he wanted to snuggle the pony.

"Of course I want to! Now snuggle me human!" Rarity demanded as she used her magic to pull him closer.


A few hours later

"That.... was.... amazing darling! You have done well." Rarity said as she lay on top of Tom's bare chest. Earlier, Rarity decided to take off Tom's shirt so that she could feel more of his unique skin. Tom kept his arms wrapped around Rarity as she used her magic to pull up the covers over both of them.

"Thank you! How are you feeling now by the way?" Tom asked her. She then reached her hoof up to his nose.

"Boop!"

Tom scrunched up his face slightly and giggled at Rarity's silliness.

"Thanks to you, I'm no longer so worried about my mane!" Rarity giggled a little bit and then pulled herself up so that her face was level with his again. She then kissed him on the cheek, causing him to blush madly.

"Awww! Rarity, why do you have to be so cute?! Now I'm addicted to your cuddles!" Tom declared. Rarity then sat up on his stomach and drew circles around his chest with her hoof.

"Perfect! My evil plan to conquer humans with snuggles is working! Muahahaha!" Rarity teased. Both started laughing.

"Rarity, I was wondering. I enjoyed you today as much as you enjoyed me. Would it be ok if we.... spent the night together??" Tom asked Rarity. She then leaned down, wrapped her hooves around his upper chest, and then leaned up so that her mouth was level with his ear..

"As if you had a choice!" She whispered as she opened the curtains slightly with her magic to reveal that it was already nighttime. Both of them laughed at the ironic situation. Tom then planted a kiss on top of her nearly bald head.

"Goodnight Rarity, I love you."

"Goodnight Tom, I love you too." Both then got cozy together and lulled off to sleep.


Author's Note:

Yes, Rarity is my favorite pone. :raritywink:

I genuinely felt bad for her when she lost her hair in "It isn't the Mane Thing About You", and that was what inspired me to write up this story! I loved her new punk look though!

This video perfectly sums up how I feel about Rarity!

Comments ( 6 )

Ha! How adorable! <3

8525494
Yeah this was one of my story suggestions to you! Guess I gotta do it myself! :trixieshiftright:

Well, ummmm......... :facehoof:
I see you have been getting some writing exercise and I am somewhat surprised I haven't seen this till now......

Aye, I will agree with CategoricalGrant, this fict is "cute":twilightsheepish:

Though I would like to provide a tide bit of constructive criticism. You may notice, well....:twilightblush:, that is reads like a porno. Not in the sense that it is immoral, but in the sense that things are overly convenient and planned. :applejackunsure:You may have heard it said that the characters should write the story. This statement is true in the sense that if you want a truly believable and relatable story, then you must use truly believable and relatable characters and throw them into a situation and write the story based on how those characters would act in that situation, rather than how you want them too. Now, I am not saying you should go and rewrite what you already have written(or am I?:trixieshiftright:); I am instead advising you to try this in your future writing.

Good luck, "Tom" :twilightsmile:
And remember,
Read:derpyderp1:
Write :derpyderp2:
Rewrite:derpytongue2:

So this fared well in the contest. You should submit it to the Reviewers Cafe.

I'd try helping but likely end up laughing at her. I'd feel horrible.

it's considered immoral for a man to go into a woman's room when the two aren't... together

Im 31 years old and Ive literally never heard that before

Login or register to comment