• Published 21st Oct 2017
  • 908 Views, 11 Comments

Extra life - therandomone95



An ordinary day in the life of the Adult Button Mash, and his past sins being reverted by means of a Videogame called "Pac-mare: the fault eater"

  • ...
2
 11
 908

A new life

One-shot: Extra life

Button, at the end of the day of buying and selling videogames at the markat of an unknown town, feels the fatigue on every single one of his bones. It wasn't a good day, he can't buy a gram. Because of his crutch and his fat body, he walks the streets slowly. His view loses itself between a bad memory and the street ahead.

The rickety door of his room squeal when is opened. Then he lies down on his bed to get some rest, but he finds something under the pillow. "And where did this shit come from?" Thinks when he sees a videogame cartridge. Almost instantly, he opens a dusty chest and puts down on the floor a videogame console, that console was special because it was the first one he ever had, the console that allowed him the entrance into the inmense world of videogames, two decades ago.

Button inserts the cartridge on the console, he turns on the TV and the console, and the screen shows graphics from the eighties, in contrast with the new technology is almost impossible admit them. He searches the options of the game to choose, like always, the hardest mode. Later, he will let the enemies take away two lives so he only has one life left, maybe that way the game will represent a real challenge. But no, that game didn't have any options, in the center of the screen appears the only alternative, below the title PAC-MARE: THE FAULT EATER : START GAME.

Pac-mare, controlled by expert hooves, begins to eat all the blocks in his way, at the same time, everytime she eats some fruit in the screen appears the note:You have more character, and when doing the same to the ghosts, by eating a power pellet, you can read another note:You face your fears.

"Oh shit! this version is really weird" He says to himself. When he ends the first level, a golden trophy appears, at the end of it there is one more note, this one was different, it said: You didn't yell at your mother that you wanted her dead. Button rubs his eyes with frenzy, that was exactly what he said two weeks ago.

"What the fuck is going on?" He thinks.

The photo of his family, that was consumed by the flames of a fire he ignitiated, corpors itself to his album.

The next level is almost identical to the orevious one, but this time, the ghosts and the time run a little bit faster.

Button Mash finishes the level quickly, and another trophy appears, in the note, something different was written: You didn't kill your neighbor's dog.. As he reads, his eyes try to get out of his basins, he poisoned the animal a few months ago, and he had a lot of priblems with the neighbors. A very familiar bark could be heard in the next house.

In the note of the third trophy: Two years ago, you didn't jump from that bridge. Without even realizing it, he stands up without his crutch .

The fourth trophy: You didn't fall in depression, and you didn't eat until your body was fatter than a walking hamburger. His clothes were falling off, suddenly his clothes were very loose.

The fifth trophy: You didn't inhale that white powder your friends offered you. The bloodstains on his pillow disappear.

The sixth trophy: That night, you didn't ejaculate inside Sweetie Belle; you didn't run away, leaving your studies unfinished. A certificate in computer engineering appears on his wall.

The seventh trophy: On high school you didn't befriend edgy sword. The tatoo that was made in the reformatory was erased, along with the razors on his face and abdomen.

The eighth trophy: You arrived just in time fr the premiere of Supermare 3. A childish smile appears on his face.

As a reward for completing the nineth trophy, a long paragraph appeared: Prove to yourself this isn't a lie: talk to your mother, go out and see if the dog still lives, you don't feel the sensation upon your face that so desperately asks for drugs, look at yourself, you aren't a fat pony anymore, your legs aren't broken anymore, you have a house and Sweetie Belle is waiting for you, talk to her on the phone, you are an engineer and you are starting a mastery, there is an account with your name, you are what you always have envied, what you call a "winner", the things you've done wrong are right now, however, the game only ends until you finish the level 15, do it and everything will beccome real.

Button as an automaton, follows the instructions as close he can, the cold water from his sink convinces him that this isn't a dream, he knows that every videogame he has played is not difficult, even this game was really easy in comparison with others. With that same confidence in himself, he returned to his seat, a counter on the top of the screen indicates that he only had five seconds to continue correcting his past.

"There is no way I can lose!" He yells and a rush of determination fills his body. "I have a second chance in this fucking life!"

Button Mash looked at the ceiling and thanked Celestia, Luna, Cadence, Twilight and even Discord for giving him an opportunity to fix his mistakes, later, he took the controller with determination, he was focused on getting the next trophies:

Level 10: On that little prank of yours, you didn't put boric acid instead of baking soda in the food of your baby sister. You won't see her dying over and over in your nightmares, and you won't be weak for the rest of your life. His eyes were full of tears, formed by pure joy and happiness.

Level 11: Your uncle didn't rape you, you'll never have to cry when you remember the moment. Button just let out a long sigh.

Level 12: Your mother didn't give you the console, you didn't waste your young years in the videogames, your epileptic seizures were no more than simple dizziness. His eyes start to glow, like wanting to scream.

Level 13:Pac-mare is captured by the ghosts: The game ended, you've lost. the game ended, you've lost, the game ended... You are still the one who "failed", the one who was victim of his uncle's sex desires, your mother hates you as much as your neighbors hate you, you are the fat pony who uses a crutch to compensate your broken legs, the epileptic nerd, the pony that is going to be alone for the rest of his life, whom a woman would never share her life, unless she was crazy, not even Sweetie Belle wants to see you anymore... Better luck next time

The pain on his legs returns, his body becomes fatter, his self-confidence vanishes, Sweetie Belle's phone number disappears from his mind and his notebook, drugs! he needs drugs!

"You cocksucker bastard!" He yells while he throws the remote and bites his lips.

Button Mash, desperate and with a crying face, tries it again.

Comments ( 11 )

There's a good idea in here, but the story itself has quite a few technical issues like odd sentence structure, typos, and occasional telling rather than showing. An editor could probably fix these, though. Keep writing and good luck :twilightsmile:

'' Contains subtle hints of Sweetiemash, or Buttonbelle.

Now this is a fucking surprise.

Please continue the story or make a sequal!

8502536
What? I bet no one saw it coming:twilightsheepish:

come on button, you can do it!

8502781
That’s ironic considering your username...

Sweet and sacy. I like it

8527608
Thank you, I'm glad you liked it.

Sequel please

Login or register to comment