• Published 21st Oct 2017
  • 612 Views, 3 Comments

The True Story Of Nightmare Night - Gamer Paws



The story begins with Twilight telling Nightmare Night stories to ponies

  • ...
 3
 612

Chapter 1

As Princess Twilight looks around and seen everypony settled down, she cleared her throat and spoke: "Good, you ponies are all here. Attention everypony! I'm sure you all are excited to hear some Nightmare Night stories. I'm sure you heard of many stories about them but do you know about the real reason why Nightmare Night is created?" Twilight saw a lot of ponies mumbled to each other unsure of the answer as she continued. "Well, to start this story, we have to go back to the beginning where Nightmare Night never existed!"

Many, many moons ago, when the two princesses were just teenagers, they were studying with Starswirls the Bearded as their teacher. Celestia, the older sister, was natural at perfecting many advance spells they were taught while Luna, the younger sister struggles with them. Celestia always teases her for lacking behind and pulling her down as Starswirl had to repeat the lessons for Luna's sake. Luna wanted to prove to them that she could perfect one of the advance magic spell called 'The Portal Spell'. That spell opens portals to different reams . Luna knew that Celestia was still struggling at that spell as that is one of the reasons why she chose that spell.

Every night, Luna would spent at the castle's garden practicing the spell. She always practice at her favorite spot where she won't get caught by the royal guards or anypony who passes by. One faithful day, Celestia couldn't slept and decided to stroll around the castle's garden. She spotted Luna trying her best to perfect the spell. She quickly hides at the nearest bush she could find and stared at her for a few moments until a rabbit appeared out of nowhere and frighten her, giving away her position. Luna turned to see her sister standing behind her. Celestia, trying to hide her what she was doing, quickly thought of something to tease her. "What are you trying to do? Making weird faces? Are you trying to scare off the animals living here?" She laughed. Luna on the other hand(or in this case, hoof), was embarrassed and scurried off to her room leaving behind her textbook. Celestia picked up the book with her magic reading the text written on the page. "A portal spell? What was she doing trying to cast a portal spell? She knows she's too young to perfect it, yet even I couldn't! Has she been doing this every night?" She thought to herself.

The next day, the two sisters sat down at the throne room waiting for Starswirl to arrive. Celestia wanted to ask Luna about last night but she knew it was not the right time as she saw Starswirl entered the room carrying different types of potions ingredients in a few bags with his magic. "Here, let us help." Celestia spoke as she and Luna uses their magic to carry some of the bags. A few hours had passed and Starswirl heads home. Celestia went to Luna's room and tried to ask questions about last night but unfortunately for her, she found Luna
sleeping on her bed restless from lack of sleep due to that night. Celestia went back to her room untill it was time to set the sun for Luna to raise the moon.

After Luna raise the moon, she waited till everypony was asleep and tiptoe(or is it tiphoof?) to the garden and continue practicing the spell. Celestia, went back to the garden and saw Luna back there. She walked towards her and told Luna that she should be sleeping despite being the princess of the night. Luna got frighten by the sudden voice, she accidentally and somehow was able cast the spell perfectly causing a hole to appear on the river. The hole was completely dark and scary. Celestia started blaming Luna for what she had done while Luna was proud of what she had mastered. While they were arguing, A creature started pulling Luna into the hole and started to talk Luna into joining them and be their leader. Celestia and Luna started to panick(well, Luna panicked more than Celestia). Luna continue to shout for help as Celestia tries to pull her out of the portal but the creature was much more powerful than her and successfully pulled Luna into the hole and closing the portal.

Celestia spread her wings and quickly flew to Starswirl's house to ask for help. By the time Celestia had the time to explain the situation and to reach the castle's garden, he and Celestia were out of breath to even cast any spells. Celestia quickly cast a spell to let two glass of water to appear and gave one glass to Starswirl. He drank the the glass of water and quickly explain the plan to Celestia. "Listen very closely Celestia, as soon as I open the portal, you jump in and find Luna. After that, free her and quickly run back. Holding such a strong spell that long is very tiring. I won't be able to enter the portal with you as the caster has to stay outside to keep the portal open. So be safe Celestia and bring your sister home safely." Celestia nodded and waited for Starswirl to open the portal.

Meanwhile, the creature sat Luna down on what seems to be a trone and spoke to the rest of the creature staring at her. "Listen, my dear nightmare golems! I have found someone worthy of being our queen. She has ths power to free us all! But first, we need to convince her! Do we still have the ruby? Bring it forward and give it to our queen." Two nightmare golem walked forward holding a small ruby necklace and place it on Luna's neck. Luna tried to speak or move but there was a spell cast to prevent that. The ruby caused a red smoke surrounding Luna and turning her evil. The golem explain to Luna that the ruby that she wears turn their deepest intention 'pure'. Not only that, but it gave her stronger powers. In that moment, Luna's intention was to be stronger and better than her sister.

Celestia saw Luna being surrounded by red smoke and Celestia tries to reach out to her but it was too late, the transformation was complete. Luna saw Celestia and quickly ordered the nightmare golems to attack her. Celestia, defeated the golems and flew towards Luna to snap out of the ruby's magic but the ruby's magic was too strong for Luna to control. "Luna! What are you doing? Don't you recognize me, your own sister?" Celestia shouted. "Luna, isn't my name anymore. From now on, my name is Nightmare Moon" Nightmare Moon made an evil laugh. Celestia knew the only thing she could do was destroy the ruby necklace but how will she do that without hurting her own sister?

She dodged every attack Nightmare Moon throws as she tries to figure out a plan. Celestia spotted the textbook that Luna was using and dive to grab the book. She quickly tries to find a spell to help her in this situation and she found a spell that destroy magic crystals but it requires a very powerful unicorn to cast it. Celestia knew that if she doesnt cast the spell, she might lose her only family member left. She attempted the spell but failed numerous times and when she though of how Luna had felt over the years of Celestia's teasing, she cried and that friendship between the two sisters had converted into something powerful and gave Celestia an enormous boost when she cast the spell and it worked. The ruby has shattered into millions of pieces but unfortunately some of the pieces was aborbed into luna's heart. Celestia grabbed Luna who was unconscious, onto her back and scurried to the opening of the portal. Seeing Starswirl losing his strengths to open the portal, the portal opening started to shrink. Luckily for the two princesses, they made it just in time. Starswirl told Celestia that if she continues to do that, not only she loses her sister physically but mentally.

A few years has passed and Celestia was crown officially princess of Equestria. She was admired by many pony all over Equestria while Luna was’nt. Luna grew jealous of Celestia. Since its been years, the ruby crystal has completely became part of her. One night, the ruby took the form of Nightmare Moon and spoke to Luna. She told her that there was a way to overthrone her sister and become admire by everypony not only in Equestria but outside the borderlands of it. Luna refused at first but a month has passed and Luna gladly gave in to the crystal’s words. Of course, Celestia had no choice but to use the Elements of Harmony against her.

The Elements had sent her to the moon and Celestia immediately regretted what she had done and made a holiday on that day as a remembrance of Luna untill she returns. Ever since than, everypony celebrates Nightmare Night as remembrance of our dear Princess Luna. It was a painful day for Celestia untill Twilight(Thats me!), Rainbow Dash, Apple Jack, Fluttershy, Pinkie and Rarity uses the elements of harmony to reform Nightmare Moon back to her normal self.

"...The end!" As Twilight finishes the story, Princess Luna and Princess Celestia flew by and greeted everypony. "I am sure you are enjoying Nightmare Night cause the day is almost over! Thank you for enjoying this festival as a return of Princess Luna!" Princess Celestia announced as everypony cheered.

Comments ( 3 )

This is an nice story

Wow, love this story.
:fluttershysad:.

Login or register to comment