• Published 20th Oct 2017
  • 945 Views, 55 Comments

Spiders and Destiny: A New Beginning - Funnel Web



It's been almost a few months since Midnight died. But now that Twilight is on Earth, trying to get her crown back. While Young Earth Midnight is trying to become a hero and tries to help out Twilight. What he doesn't know is that she is not the same

  • ...
8
 55
 945

Chapter 9 You'll Be In My Heart

It was a beautiful night outside the school. Midnight wanted to show Twilight something. They make it to the roof of the school and Twilight’s eyes were closed. Midnight was planning a surprise for her.

“Okay. Aaaaand open them” Midnight said.

Twilight opens her eyes and what she saw was so beautiful. There was a web that had fireflies all over it and inside the web was a message that said “M&T” with a heart in the middle of the two letters. Twilight is shocked. She was so happy.

“Well, what do ya think”? Midnight asked Twilight.

“Th-this….is the sweetest thing that anyone’s ever done for me….I...I love it” Twilight said with happy tears in her eyes.

But then...Twilight realizes something. She can’t stay here, forever. Equestria still needs her...and the problem is…..Midnight can’t leave here. That realization started to break her heart.

“Midnight….it’s beautiful...and I’ll be honest with you. Over the past few days that I’ve spent with you were amazing. Everything you’ve done was amazing. You’ve taken my place to compete against Rainbow Dash in a soccer game, you’ve saved me from being framed, cleaned the entire gym all on your own, stood by my side to help get my crown back, and now..this...I don’t know how I can repay you. I don't think I CAN repay you, to be honest. After everything you’ve done for me.…..but…...I can’t…...we can’t….Equestria needs me and-” Twilight said with tears in her eyes, before getting interrupted by Midnight’s hug.

Midnight uses his hand to wipe the tears off of Twilight’s face and tells her “Sshhhh….it’s okay. I understand” before he started to sing.

Just stop your crying. It will be alright. Just take my hand. Hold it tight. I will protect you from all around you. I will be here. Don’t you cry. For one so small, you seem so strong. My arms will hold you, keep you safe and warm. This bond between us can’t be broken. I will be here. Don’t you cry.

‘Cause you’ll be in my heart! Yes, you’ll be in my heart. From this day on and forever more. You’ll be in my heart no matter what they say. You’ll be in my heart, always.

Why can’t they understand the way we feel? They just don’t trust what they can’t explain. I know we’re different but deep inside us, you’re not that different at all.

And you’ll be in my heart. Yes, you’ll be in my heart. From this day on and forever more.

Don’t listen to them. What do they know? We need each other to have some hope. They’re seeing time. I’ll know. When destiny calls you, you must be strong. I may not be with you but you gotta hold on. They’re seeing time. I’ll know. We’ll show them together.

‘Cause you’ll be in my heart! Believe me, you’ll be in my heart. I’ll be there for this day on. Now and forever more. You’ll be in my heart (You’ll be in my heart) no matter what they say. I’ll be with you. You’ll be here in my heart. I’ll be there, always….Always. I’ll be with you. I’ll be there for you, always. Always and always.

Just look over your shoulder. Just look over your shoulder. Just look over your shoulder. I’ll be there, always

When the song ended, Midnight bowed like an honorable knight to Twilight. Twilight runs up to him and gives him one last giant hug. After that, Twilight said she needed to get back to the girls. She needs to get ready for tonight. So, Midnight brings her down to the ground, with him upside down. I think we all know what’s going to happen. Twilight turns around to Midnight and says “See you there, Midnight”.

“You too, princess” Midnight replied before Twilight leaned in a little closer to Midnight.

Midnight was still upside down and it started to rain. Twilight puts her hands on Midnights face and…...she presses her lips onto his. Then she closes her eyes. Twilight couldn’t hold back her feelings, anymore. Midnight was shocked a little bit. He should have expected that. Why wasn’t he surprised? At this point, his heart was beating faster than ever. Midnight starts to have a feeling he never had before. Well, he did but this feeling right now felt stronger. It comes from a warm feeling that completely overpowers him. It feels good. As good as though he wanted this for a long time. Then it hits him.-All of those desires to help out his friend. He can’t really explain it, and maybe there IS nothing to explain. He never thought he could feel this way but...he…...he loves her.
He learns to accept these feelings. He truly loves her. And from what he can tell, she loves him too. So, he accepts the kiss. It felt like they were there for a few hours. Just the two of them, lost in the moment. He really never felt this way about anyone before, and he enjoyed that feeling. It felt like it was the best thing that ever happened to him. Finally, they separate. Both of them smile and Midnight swings back up to the roof. Twilight could see him swinging around the school in joy and him shouting “WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO! YEAH”! She smiles and she leaves to go get ready for tonight.

“You’re a real, awesome guy, Midnight” Twilight said to herself as she was leaving.

Midnight really never felt this much joy in his life. He wished it could never end. He was swinging around the place. He is SO going to that Fall Formal, tonight and that IS a promise. When he finds a place to lay down, he stays there and talks to himself and says “For the first time in my life, things are starting to go right” as he lays in his net-bed made out of webbing, laying into the night with an umbrella.


To Be Continued......

Author's Note:

picture made and edited by me and Alvaxerox