• Published 20th Oct 2017
  • 944 Views, 55 Comments

Spiders and Destiny: A New Beginning - Funnel Web



It's been almost a few months since Midnight died. But now that Twilight is on Earth, trying to get her crown back. While Young Earth Midnight is trying to become a hero and tries to help out Twilight. What he doesn't know is that she is not the same

  • ...
8
 55
 944

Chapter 6 Midnight Wolf vs Rainbow Dash

The group finds Rainbow Dash practicing her soccer kicks out at the field. The group sits on the stairs except for AppleJack, herself. She needs to have a talk with Rainbow Dash. They watch them both of them from all the way back at the stairs.

“They’re actually talking. That’s a good sign” Rarity said while working on Midnight’s new costume.

“HUGS! Oooh. Hugs are always good” Pinkie said when she saw AppleJack and Rainbow Dash hugging.

AppleJack and Rainbow Dash walk up to the group and AppleJack explains “Sumbody, eend ah thihnk we kay-yun all guess who, told rainbow dash that maah bay-uk sale 'ave bee-yn moved t' a different day. Dash showed uhp with all awf thuh softbahwl team an thought ah cancelled awn her”.

“So, you’re looking to dethrone Sunset Shimmer and become princess of the Fall Formal, huh”? Rainbow Dash asked Twilight before Twilight nodded her head yes. “Gotta say. I’d really love to see that happen. I’ll totally help you out. All you gotta do….is beat me in a game of one on one”.

“Wait, what”? Twilight questioned in fear.

“First to five goals wins. You think you’re up for the challenge”?

“Um….ye-”.

“Wait! I’ll do it” Midnight said and standing up. “I’ll compete against you”.

“But Midnight-” Twilight tried to say before getting cut off.

“Listen, Twilight. I appreciate the determination for trying to win back your crown, but this is not the way for you to do it. You can barely walk on your two feet without falling down a few seconds later. I’ll do it. For me and you. I’ll win it for both of us or lose while trying. And if that means I have to compete in a soccer game in order to get your crown back, then so be it. Okay”?

“....Okay. And...thanks for sticking up for me, Midnight”. Twilight said while blushing.

“No problem. Anything for a friend. Alright, Rainbow Dash. It’s go time”!

“Okay then. Taking your friend’s place for support. I like that. Buuuut..I doubt that you’ll beat me”.

Then I guess we’ll find out. Now won’t we”?

Rainbow Dash kicks the ball into the goal and shouts “One-None”. Midnight walks up to the middle of the field and starts running for the goal. He was right there then all of a sudden, everything freezes and the buzzing noise in Midnight’s head goes off and he looks to see that Rainbow Dash is right next to her. Midnight thinks to himself. Well, Sunset Shimmer and her cronies already exposed his superhero identity so he might as well uses his powers to win. Twilight’s crown depends on it. Everything unfreezes and Midnight jukes Rainbow Dash so hard that Midnight went circles around her, kicking the ball to the goal and earning one point. Rainbow Dash’s jaw drops in shock. No-one was able to juke her like that. She now knows that this is not gonna be easy so she better take Midnight seriously. Later on, it was a penalty kick. Midnight was the goalie and he was waiting for Rainbow Dash to kick the ball. Then out of nowhere, Rainbow Dash kicked the soccer ball so hard and so fast, it caught in flames. But that didn’t stop Midnight from catching it. When he caught it, Midnight got pulled in the goal by the ball and I think he injured a rib. Midnight falls to the ground and it looks like he’s unconscious. The group back at the stairs gasp in shock. But before anyone could say anything, Midnight gives everyone a thumbs up to show that he’s okay. But he also shouts “MEDIC” before getting up with the ball. That just proves that Midnight is just getting started.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While Midnight and Rainbow Dash were playing soccer, back at the stairs, the group was cheering both of them on. While they were cheering them both, Twilight talks to herself in her head and thinks “I can’t believe that Midnight was able to do that for me. He was willing to take my place to help me win my crown back...he really is something special. ….I….” before she looks at her friends to see that they’re giving her that funny look and she blushes.

“Um….what is it, girls”? Twilight tried to shrug off like nothing happened but failed.

“You know, he seems like a pretty cool guy, Twilight” Pinkie Pie said.

“W-what”?!

“Aaw...that was adorable. You should ask him out, sometime” Rarity suggested.

“What?! Nononono. It’s not like that...um...I was just...uh...staring into space. Yeah, that’s it” Twilight lied pitifully while blushing.

“Sure, you were” Pinkie said while raising an eyebrow and with a smirky face.

“Can we talk about the game, now”? Twilight asked, trying her best to change the subject and succeeded.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A few minutes later, it was a close game. It was four for Midnight and four for Rainbow Dash. Whoever scores this, wins the whole game. Midnight was really determined to win this game for Twilight. He was getting exhausted, but he was not gonna let that stop him from winning the game. Midnight rushes towards the goal, ready to score the final point. He kicks the ball….only for himself to slip out of exhaustion and passes out. He hardly kicked the ball very hard at all. The ball just rolls towards Rainbow Dash, stopping at her feet. She kicks it so hard that it caught in flames, once more. Apparently Rainbow Dash’s kick was so fast that it made it to the other goal in style. It was over! Rainbow Dash won the game! It was five to four. Rainbow Dash starts jumping out of joy while Midnight just lays there in defeat.

“That’s game” Rainbow Dash said.

The rest of the group walks up to Midnight and Rarity says “To be honest, I really thought you were gonna pull it off there, in the end..hehe”.

Midnight just keeps on taking heavy deep breaths and says “At...least…..I…..went down trying….It’s better to fail than….to…...not try at all”.

“So, what’s the plan? How can I help your friend, Twilight, be princess instead of Sunset Shimmer”? Rainbow Dash asked Midnight while giving him a helping hand up.

“But….I…...lost”.

“Of course, you lost. I’m awesome. Although you were really good than I expected, I’m not gonna help just anybody try and beat Sunset Shimmer. The Fall Formal Princess should be someone with heart and determination. You’ve proven that you and showed me that your friend, Twilight’s got them both. You’ve showed me that you would do anything to help her win, even if you’re life depended on it. Now that’s what I call being a real hero. They should make it so that people like you can become a Fall Formal PRINCE”.

“Heh...thanks. This means a lot to Twilight. Also, GG”.

“GG, my friend. Now what are we waiting for? Let’s go win your friend a crown”!


To Be Continued.........