• Published 20th Oct 2017
  • 942 Views, 55 Comments

Spiders and Destiny: A New Beginning - Funnel Web



It's been almost a few months since Midnight died. But now that Twilight is on Earth, trying to get her crown back. While Young Earth Midnight is trying to become a hero and tries to help out Twilight. What he doesn't know is that she is not the same

  • ...
8
 55
 942

Chapter 5 Getting The Gang Back Together

After some talking over it, they decided to head over to the library to do some research of the school. But what they don’t know is that Snips and Snails are spying on them with cell-phones. Midnight’s buzzing noise goes off and he manages to find them both hiding.

“Well, well, well. What do we have here? Snips and Snails, eh? Just as I suspected. Sunset sent you two to spy on us. Well, buzz off. And when I let both of you go, I better not find you two spying on us again….or else” Midnight said as he grabs both of them by the collars, turned his eyes purple and back with a sinister smile to scare both of them and gives them the shush, easier telling them both not to tell their little secret.

Snips and Snails start running off in fear as Midnight just laughs and says quietly because they were in the library “And stay out”! As he runs back to Twilight to continue on their research. Midnight catches Twilight not properly using the computer like normal person and he instantly knew that he’s gonna have to teach her how to blend in. So, he tells her to use her fingers and starts teaching her how to use the computer.

A few hours later, school ended and Midnight told Twilight that he’ll be back tomorrow morning. When he makes it outside, he puts his costume on and starts swinging around. He figures if he’s gonna find that person who reported the crown going through the statue, he might as well take a look at the security cameras. He made sure that they’re no guards and head for the cameras. Wolf-Spider saw Twilight sleeping in the library and blushed in adorableness. He soon snaps out of it and plays back the video from yesterday of when the crown went through the statue. He starts looking around until he discovers a mysterious figure with her cell phone out and recording the whole thing. He tries to zoom in to see who that was behind that hood but he gets caught by a security guard and runs off. When he escaped, Wolf-Spider asked himself “Who was that under that hood”?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following morning, Midnight finds Twilight exiting the library. He walks up to her and asks “So, did you find anything useful”?

“Well, we found a yearbook and-....why is everybody looking at us like that”? Twilight asked when she looked around to see everyone silently giggling.

Both of them got dragged by the arms by…..Rarity?! Midnight has no clue who Rarity is but Twilight shocked that it’s her. Rarity runs up to both of them and starts measuring them both. Rarity walks up to her backpack and pulls out a type of dress for Twilight and a type of disguise for Midnight and says “Perfect” as she puts the disguises on both of them instantly.

“Oh, yes. This is good. No one will recognize you” Rarity said.

“Why wouldn’t we wanna be-” Twilight said but was interrupted.

“And, We’ll need a disguise for your dog. Which is too bad. He really is so adorable. You know, with a little work, I think I can make him look like a rabbit, instead”.

“A rabbit”? Midnight questioned.

“Thair ya ahr, twilaahyt” Applejack said, coming through the door.

“So much for the disguise” Rarity said in an annoyed tone.

“Ah've bee-yn lookin' all ovher for ya”.

“Me, too” Fluttershy said, coming through the door as well.

“Me, three” Pinkie also said. “I like your new looks”.

“I do have an eye for these sort of things. Not that you seemed to care” Rarity explained.

“What”?!

“Why do you think she doesn’t care”? Twilight asked

“Yeah, and someone please tell me what’s going on”? Midnight also asked.

“Yeah, exactly. Why are you all looking for us? What’s going on”?

“Oh. They haven’t seen it, yet” Fluttershy said in a worried voice.

“Seen what”? Both Midnight and Twilight asked at the same time before Pinkie Pie brings out her laptop and shows them what they wanted to know.

“Oh, it’s really not that bad. Hehe” Pinkie Pie said.

The screen on her laptop loaded some kind of video and it appeared to have Midnight and Twilight in it. But...things were about to get worse. The first scene was Twilight banging around the keyboard back at the library like some idiot. The other scene was Midnight in front of the camera with that menacing look and when his eyes turned purple and monster like. The third scene was Twilight holding a book with her mouth. The fourth scene was Midnight’s worse nightmare. It was him getting his costume on and swinging around the school. Midnight’s identity was exposed! The fifth scene was Twilight looking at the copy machine and when it flashed, it made Twilight freak out and fall backwards. And during the video, Sunset was talking and saying “Twilight Sparkle and Midnight Wolf want to be YOUR Fall Formal princess and superhero. But what does it say about OUR school if we give someone like THIS such an important honor? How can we be protected if someone like HIM causing fear around our school and with him sneaking out at night and watching over us like a weirdo”? This video ends.

“I take that back. It’s pretty bad” Pinkie said.

“You’ve got to be kidding me! Those guys ratted me out?! They are SO dead! What am I gonna do?! My career is over”! Midnight said in shame.

“But this all happened yesterday..at the library. Has everyone at the school seen this”? Twilight asked in fear. “Is that why they were looking at me, that way? What are we gonna do? No one is gonna vote for me or trust Midnight after seeing this”.

“Not that it’ll make any difference, but I’ll still vote for you” Fluttershy said before Twilight slams her head on the desk and Midnight facepalms himself. “You two were so nice to stand up for me when Sunset Shimmer was picking on me, yesterday”.

“If you still wanna run, maybe there’s something I can do to help” Pinkie suggested.

“Word of advice: Don’t accept HER help. She doesn’t take anything seriously”.

“Ugh! Why do you have to be so awful to me”?

“Oh pffft. Don’t play innocent, Pinkie Pie. You are no better than SHE is” Rarity said and pointing at Fluttershy.

“And WHAT is THAT supposed to mean”?

“I am happy to offer my assistance as well. To someone who will appreciate what I have to offer”.

All of a sudden, everything breaks loose and Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Fluttershy start arguing. Then AppleJacj stops the argument and says “Listen t' ya all carryin' awn. Git ovher it eend move awn”.

But Rarity stops AppleJack right there and says “You mean like how YOU’VE gotten over what happened with Rainbow Dash”?

“She done said she'd git thuh softbahwl team t' cut a figure maah bay-uk sale. Ah tell everybody thay're coming, an thay're not one awf 'em shows uhp. She done made a four-flusher out awf me. That's different”.

“IS NOT” Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie said at the same time.

“Is too”.

Now literally everything broke loose now. Now everyone was arguing except for Midnight, Twilight. Midnight was losing it and was about to web their mouths shut to get some peace and quiet, but Twilight said “STOOOP! All of you! I wanna show you all something” before Spike gives her the yearbook and shows them the old picture of them back at the Freshman Fair.

“You were friends, once” Twilight said.

AppleJack just sighs and asks everyone “Thuh freshman above-board. Ya'll 'member”? Before everyone nodded their heads, yes.

“But something happened. I think that something was Sunset Shimmer”.

“Well it’s a nice theory, darling. But Sunset Shimmer had nothing to do with it” Rarity explained.

“She’s right. Sunset Shimmer isn’t the one who ruined my silent auction for the animal shelter by bringing fireworks and noisemakers. Ugh. It was supposed to be a serious event and Pinkie Pie ruined it”. Fluttershy said.

“What are you talking about?! I got a text from you saying that you didn’t want a silent auction. You wanted a big party” Pinkie Pie explained and showing her phone.

“Uh...I never sent you a text”.

“You didn’t”?

“You don’t think she’s the one who’s been sending me those emails, do you? Every time I volunteer to help with the decorations at the school function. I get an email from Pinkie Pie saying that she has plenty of volunteers. And then I find out she’s done everything, herself” Rarity explained.

“I never sent you any emails” Pinkie Pie said.

“Maybe she's thuh reason rainbow dash didn't show uhp for maah bay-uk sale” AppleJack theorized.

“Didn’t you ever ask Rainbow Dash why she didn’t show up”? Midnight asked AppleJack.

“Ah….guess ah kinda stopped jawing ta her 'tall after that”.

“Then now it’s time to make things right. To Rainbow Dash we go”!

When everyone left to go find Rainbow Dash, Midnight asked Rarity one quick question and asks “Um...Rarity. You think you could….um…..make me a better costume?..hehe”? Before Rarity nodded yes and hands her the costume. Midnight really needs a new costume.


To Be Continued.........