• Published 20th Oct 2017
  • 940 Views, 55 Comments

Spiders and Destiny: A New Beginning - Funnel Web



It's been almost a few months since Midnight died. But now that Twilight is on Earth, trying to get her crown back. While Young Earth Midnight is trying to become a hero and tries to help out Twilight. What he doesn't know is that she is not the same

  • ...
8
 55
 940

Chapter 4 Finding Out The Truth

Twilight knocked on the door and Celestia said “Come in” before Midnight opened the door and Twilight started bowing like she was her prized pupule. But Principal Celestia didn’t even notice her doing that and Midnight just facepalms.

“How may I help you”? The principal of the school asked.

“Um...uh...my name’s Twilight Sparkle. I’m...uh...new here and..well I understand that Fluttershy found a crown, this morning, and gave it to you” Twilight said.

“Yes. I’ve had Vice Principal Luna put it somewhere for safekeeping. No idea how it ended up on the front lawn. Were you interested in running for princess at the Fall Formal, this year”?

“Uh..no. Not exactly. This truth is..well the truth is I...you see...the crown is actually-princess of the Fall Formal”?

“What’s the Fall Formal” Midnight asked.

“It’s Canterlot High’s big fall dance” Celestia answered.

“Like the Grand Galloping Gala” Twilight said.

“The Grand Galloping Gala”? Both Celestia and Midnight said in confusion.

“Oh..uh..it was a big deal at my old school” Twilight lied

“And was there a princess”?

“Yes. But she wasn’t exactly a student”.

“Here in Canterlot High, the students select one of their peers to represent them. She receives her crown at the Fall Formal”.

Midnight and Twilight look at one of the walls to see that there are multiple pictures of Sunset Shimmer and each one is more terrifying than the last. Midnight can see that something’s up. Sunset Shimmer seems to want something. From the looks of it, she seems to want power. So Midnight starts to think to himself, he needs to find out more about Sunset Shimmer. When both of them went out the door, Twilight asks “You asked me if I was interested in running for princess. Can anyone run”?

“Yes. You just need to let the head of the Fall Formal planning committee know you would like to be on the ballot. Was there anything else”?

“Um..nope. That was it”.

“Well if you do need anything else, my door is always open”.

Principal Celestia closes her door. Clearly that was just an expression. Midnight had some time to think about it and decides to tell Twilight something.

“Hey, Twilight. I’m gonna go….get something….in my logbook…” Midnight tried to lie.

“Ok. see ya around” Twilight replied as both of them went their separate ways.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Midnight finds the nearest empty hallway and he uses his will-power to turn his skin invisible. He grabs a tape-player and hits the play button as it starts playing Redbone’s “Come and Get Your Love” and puts on his headphones. When he was fully invisible, he says to himself “Ok, Midnight. Time to learn about what’s going on in this school” as he starts crawling on the ceiling until he was able to find Sunset Shimmer.

“There you are” Midnight said in his head. “Slow down, Midnight. Take your time. Don’t wanna get caught here”.

“What were you, two?! I’ve been looking all over for you, two”?! Sunset Shimmer shouted at two guys.

“Well...you see..uh...we” one of the boys said as Sunset Shimmer pulled on both of their ears.

Midnight felt bad for those two but he really can’t do anything. He was literally on top of them. He started to shake until he realized that he was sweating and a dropping of his sweat dropped on the floor and somehow Sunset Shimmer heard it. She tells the guys to shush as she looks around.

“But..Sunset Shimmer! We have something to say! It’s the crown! Someone reported a sighting of it coming through the statue”! One of the two guys said

“WILL YOU BE QUIET! Don’t you think I’m aware of the situation? I was up all night, trying to find and snatch it” Sunset shouted quietly

“Me and Snails did some calculations. If anyone finds about the parallel world inside the statue, they’ll tell the police, the school will be shut down and we’ll be kept in captivity and probably EXPERIMENTED ON”!

“Yeah, well until we knew for sure, we’ll act like nothing. Understand? You just keep an eye on those two new students and I’ll take care of the crown. And when I find whoever tried to rat it out, they’re DEAD”! Sunset said as she hit one of the lockers and drags Snips and Snails out of the hallway and out of sight. Midnight knows something’s up. And all of the answers lie in two things. The person who reported that sighting and the crown. He needs to help Twilight win that crown since that’s the only possible solution in finding the answers.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sunset Shimmer and her cronies made it to where the Fall Formal will take place and instantly starts complaining like a spoiled brat.

“This. Looks. TERRIBLE! There should be more streamers near the stage and fewer balloons” She said as she popped two balloons with her fingers and looks at one of those apple drinks that Applejack put down, earlier. “Fizzy apple cider?! Ugh! This is my coronation, not a hoedown”!

“Well now, it ain’t necessarily gonna be YOUR coronation, this time around” Applejack said

“Oh, is that so? You country folk really aren’t that bright. Must be why the others didn’t say such awful things about you. Obviously, it’s gonna be MY coronation. I’m running unopposed”.

“Not this time. The new girl just signed up” Pinkie explained.

“WHAT”?! Sunset Shimmer said in shock.

“I know. She has really bad hand-writing”.

“Where is this Twilight Sparkle!.....I mean, I’m looking forward to meeting the competition”.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Midnight just hangs on the ceiling in shock. Sunset is gonna go after Twilight. He has to do something. He tries his best to sneak out of there and succeeds to go find his friend. When he found her, he tries to explain to her in a blind panic but was too late. Sunset Shimmer was already behind them.

“Can’t believe that I didn’t recognize you, earlier. Should have known Princess Celestia would send her prized pupil, here after my crown..and her little dog, too” Sunset said in a menacing voice.

“Okay...One: Nobody makes Wizard of Oz references but me. And Two: You leave her out of this, Sunset” Midnight stepped up.

“Okay, I respect your decision….oh wait...you didn’t tell him, Twilight? HA! I thought you did when you met him”.

“Wait, what? Tell me what? Twilight, what is she talking about”?

“Oh, nothing...nothing for the princess’s DEAD boyfriend needs to worry about. Too bad you’re both separate worlds apart”.

“Dead?.....Worlds?.....Twilight”.

“You leave him alone, Sunset! He’s done nothing”! Twilight shouted.

“Oh, I’m not doing anything. You’re the one that’s been lying to him over the past few hours. Both of you don’t know the first thing about this place and I already rule it” Sunset explained.

“If that’s so, do you even need my crown? You went to an awful a lot of trouble to switch it with the one that belongs here”.

“Pop quiz: What happens when you bring an element of harmony into an alternate world? You don’t know? Seriously?! HA! And you’re supposed to be Princess Celestia’s star student? Then again, what were the chances she finds somepony as bright as me to take under her wing after I decided to leave Equestria? It’s embarrassing that you were the best she could do”

Midnight shoots a strand of webbing across the wall to intimidate Sunset but failed and Midnight got sooo ticked off and says “You shut your dirty mouth” before his eyes turned purple and monstrous for a quick second and back.

“Oh, and I better get those eyes checked out. Hate for you to be..experimented on” Sunset said.

“Is that a threat”?

“Oh, of course not. But I would cut down the mutant side if I were you. Don’t want anyone to find out that both of you don’t belong here. Now would you? You want to be a princess, here? Please. You don’t know the first thing about fitting in….And Twilight, I would tell him if I were you” Sunset said before leaving them.

“Twilight, what is she talking about”? Midnight asked.

“I...I can’t…...you’ll hate me” Twilight said.

“Twilight, I could never hate you. Just tell me what’s going on. I can take it. I promise you that I won’t hate you...Just tell me what’s going on”

“Okay…...I’m not the Twilight that you know...I’m not from around here. I’m from another world called Equestria. I’m a princess there and the reason why I’m here is that Sunset stole my crown and I’m trying to get it back….there was a Midnight from my world...but…..he…...he sacrificed himself to save me”.

“Oh….I’m really sorry...It’s okay. I’m still here. Is that what all of this is about? Well why didn’t you just say so? I promise you that I’ll help you get your crown back. Also, Earlier, I was spying in Sunset and she said that someone reported a sighting of the crown coming through the statue and she said to act like nothing happened. The only question is that who tried to report it”?

“I don’t know...but...there is more to the story than you think….After the Midnight from my world died….I promised to become a princess and a hero to honor my friend..plus...he planned to marry me before he died….and…..I was the one who killed him...I was under control of an evil mare named Lightning Dust and she ordered me to kill him…..but...his love freed me and I regret it for the rest of my life”.

“Hey, you can’t think like that. You still have me. And coming from me, that me from your world wouldn’t have you beating yourself up over what happened. He laid down his life for you. That shows how much he loves you”


Twilight starts shedding happy tears and hugs Midnight. Midnight accepts the hug and closes his eyes and just smiles and says “You know, I’m starting to think why that Midnight loved you. Now, let’s go win ourselves a crown”.


To Be Continued......