• Published 20th Oct 2017
  • 945 Views, 55 Comments

Spiders and Destiny: A New Beginning - Funnel Web



It's been almost a few months since Midnight died. But now that Twilight is on Earth, trying to get her crown back. While Young Earth Midnight is trying to become a hero and tries to help out Twilight. What he doesn't know is that she is not the same

  • ...
8
 55
 945

Chapter 3 She's Bad To The Bone!

After that...reunion, Midnight and Twilight head inside the school. While searching the school, Midnight hears a familiar voice and another different voice. They checked around the corner to see that it was Midnight’s friend, Fluttershy in fear of a bacon hair girl.

“Oh...I’m really sorry. I just found it..and I thought I should give it to her. I didn’t know you’ve dropped it” Fluttershy said in fear.

“Well, I did. And I was about to get it before you swooped in and ruined everything. You shouldn’t pick up things that don’t belong to you” the bacon hair girl said.

“It...it doesn’t belong to you either-”

“EXCUSE ME”?!

“N-n-nothing”.

“That’s what I thought. It’s as good as mine and you know it. You really are pathetic. It’s no wonder that your best friends are all stray animals”.

Midnight gets super triggered and steps forward. And so does Twilight.

“What was that about being a stay animal”?! Midnight said in anger.

“How dare you speak to her that way”! Twilight said as well.

The bacon hair girl turns around and asks “What did you say”?

“I said what was that about being a stray animal” Midnight replied at the same time as Twilight said “I said how dare you speak to her that way”.

Both Midnight and Twilight give the bacon hair girl that menacing glare until Midnight’s eyes turned purple for one second and back. The girl just smirks and says “Psssh. You must be new, here” as she starts walking away.

“I can speak to anyone, anyway I want” the bacon hair girl said as she intimidated everyone around her.

“I can’t believe you did that, you two” Fluttershy said

“Well, we couldn’t just stand there” Twilight replied

“Yeah. You alright, Fluttershy? Did she hurt you”? Midnight asked Fluttershy

“I’m fine...it’s just that..nobody stand up to Sunset Shimmer”

“Sunset Shimmer”?! Both Midnight and Twilight said but Midnight with a more confused voice.

“You’ve heard of her”?

“Well, I haven’t. You both do”? Midnight asked both of them they both nodded their heads, yes. “Okay...can any of you tell me what is she like or something”?

I can try but I only know so much. But I’ll try my best to explain” Fluttershy replied as she started to sing.


On the day she arrived, everyone looked around, and they gazed in wide wonder, at the news they had found. She said she’ll break their bodies if they don’t leave her alone. People could tell right away that she was Bad To The Bone!”

“Baaaaad to the Bone”? Both Midnight and Twilight questioned.

Baaaad to the Bone” Fluttershy said while still singing.

B-B-B-Bad”? Midnight questioned in fear.

B-B-B-Bad” Fluttershy replied.

B-B-B-Bad”? Twilight also questioned in fear.

Baaaaaad to the Bone” Fluttershy replied as she continued to sing.

“She broke a thousand bones before she met you. She’ll break a thousand more, before you are through. She’s onto you pretties, you and you alone. I’m here to tell you two that she is Bad to the Bone”!

“Baaaaad to the Bone”!

“B-B-B-Bad”?

“B-B-B-Bad”!

“B-B-B-Bad”?

Bad to the Bone”!

Midnight and Twilight got frightened of how Fluttershy described Sunset Shimmer. Was she really that bad news? If that is true, then this could be a problem for Twilight to get her crown back. Fluttershy continued to sing.

She can make a jock-boy beg, she’ll make a good woman steal. She can make the boys blush, and then she’ll make them squeal. She’s onto you pretties, you and you alone. I’m here to tell you two that she is Bad to the Bone”!

“B-B-B-Bad”?

“B-B-B-Bad”!

“B-B-B-Bad”?

“Bad to the Bone”!

The way that Fluttershy described Sunset Shimmer was so intimidating. Even Midnight was getting chills down his spine. He started shaking in his boots and was starting to hold Twilight in fear. Twilight was only a little bit scared. She tried so hard to deny it but deep down, she knew that she was scared, too. Fluttershy continues the song.

And when she walk the halls, boys and girls step aside. Everyone she met, they all stay terrified. I wanna tell you, pretty guys, well you see she makes her own. And I’m here to tell you two that she is Bad to the Bone”!

“Baaaad to the bone”?

“B-B-B-Bad”!

“B-B-B-Bad”?

“B-B-B-Bad! Bad to the Bone”!

When Fluttershy was finished singing, Fluttershy finds that Twilight is holding Midnight because Midnight was scared. Fluttershy understood why he was scared. She would be, too if she saw Sunset Shimmer. Fluttershy spotted something behind the two and she gasps in excitement of what she saw.

“Oh my goodness! Who’s this sweet little guy”? Fluttershy asked the two while her eyes were glazed away at the little purple puppy.

“That’s Spike. My…uh…..dog” Twilight replied, while putting Midnight down.

“Oh, he so CUTE! Go on. Eat up, little pup” Fluttershy said as she grabbed a dog treat out of her bag and giving it to Spike.

Spike took a bite out of the treat and he absolutely loved it. So much so that he started to gobble up the whole thing. Fluttershy still lost in the sight of Spike asks “Oh, would you just give anything to know what they’re really thinking”? Before Twilight replied “He usually just tells me” and that makes Fluttershy snap out of it out of confusion. Even Midnight was confused of what Twilight said, as well.

“Oh...um...I mean...nothing. Hehe. Nevermind” Twilight shrugged off. “Sunset Shimmer said you’ve picked something up. Something that belonged to her. It wasn’t a crown, was it”?

“How did you know”? Fluttershy asked the purple girl.

“Uh, lucky guess. Hehe. Do you still have it”?

“Enope.”.

“But you know what happened to it”?

“Eyup. This morning, I was passing out flyers for the animal shelter like I do every Wednesday. I have no idea how it got there. But I didn’t want anything to happen to it. So I decided give it to Principal Celestia”.

“Principal Celestia”? Both Midnight and Twilight said in confusion.

“She’s the ruler, here”? Twilight asked the shy girl.

“You, could say that. Technically, I guess she and Vice Principal Luna do make the rules”

“Where is she, now”?

“Probably in her office”.

Twilight and Spike started to run the opposite direction from each other. It was pretty clear that they don’t know where her office is. Midnight didn’t even move a muscle. He brought his hand out and said “Three. Two. One” before Twilight and Spike come back. It was obvious that Midnight called it.

“Third door on your left” Fluttershy pointed out.

“Thank you, Fluttershy. Hope to see you around” Midnight said before running along with Twilight and Spike.

“Oh, wait!” Fluttershy managed to say before they completely left. “You’re not really supposed to have pets on school grounds. Might wanna tuck them into your backpack. That’s what I do”.

“Oh. Okay. Thank you” Twilight said before the bell rang and Midnight, herself, and Spike were off to the Principal’s office.

During the trip, Midnight felt concerned about Twilight and decided to chat with her along the way.

“Um...Twilight, we need to talk” Midnight said, getting Twilight’s attention.

“What is it, Midnight”? Twilight asked.

“You’ve been acting weird, lately. When I first saw you, outside, you were walking funny as if you didn’t know how to walk, you said some strange things while talking to Fluttershy like calling the Principal the “leader” of the place, and saying that your dog just tells you. What’s going on? Is everything alright”?

“Oh..um….it’s nothing really. Just trying to get used to the fact that I’m new here”.

Midnight raises his eyebrow and Twilight was getting sweaty. Twilight was about to spill the beans. But before Twilight was about to tell Midnight the truth, Midnight hits the door with his face. (This is why you should always watch where you’re going, kids)

“Ouch! Nevermind. We’ll talk about it, later” Midnight said in an annoyed voice while opening the door.