• Published 20th Oct 2017
  • 945 Views, 55 Comments

Spiders and Destiny: A New Beginning - Funnel Web



It's been almost a few months since Midnight died. But now that Twilight is on Earth, trying to get her crown back. While Young Earth Midnight is trying to become a hero and tries to help out Twilight. What he doesn't know is that she is not the same

  • ...
8
 55
 945

Chapter 2 Let's Get Started!

Back in the present, in Equestria, Twilight wakes up from a loud noise, she looks at the door to see a mysterious figure in a dark cloak with her crown and running off.

“HEY! SHE’S GOT MY CROWN! STOP, THIEF”! Twilight shouted as she gives chase to the thief.

Twilight teleports in front of the thief but the thief just teleported through her, leaving her dark cloak behind. Twilight starts chasing her again until she tackles her inside the treasure room. The crown falls out the the thief’s bag and starts bouncing around until it hits and goes through a mysterious mirror.

“What did you do with my crown”?! Twilight asked the thief.

“Sorry it had to be this way, princess” the thief replied as she teleported in front of the mirror and goes through it.

“W-what just happened”? Twilight asked herself.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back on earth, three hours ago, Wolf-Spider sits in a room with this “Master Strike” person.

“I hope you realize that your actions, tonight, will not be taken lightly, young man. You put yourself and others in grave danger”. Master Strike said.

“They started it”! Wolf-Spider replied.

“If it were up to me, you’d be sent home, with a pat on the back,......and a slap on the wrist”.

“Okay...gotcha” Wolf-Spider said as he started to shake in his boots.

“But, there is someone here who would like to meet you” Master Strike replied.

Master Strike moves out of the way to reveal that the mystery person that wanted to meet Wolf-Spider was…..Spider-Man, himself!

“Wolf-Spider, isn’t it”? Spidey asked.

“You’re the Spider-Man….from Youtube...I-I mean...yes. It is. Sorry”. Wolf-Spider said as he starts acting like a typical fanboy.

“I’m flattered. But, where did you learn to do what you did, tonight”?

“Um….I...I was always able to do that...ever since I got my powers”.

“You have spider powers”?

“Yeah….a month ago...I was caught in some sort of explosion (not from gamma radiation. I can tell you that)”.

“So, why did you do the things you do”?

“Well...a wise woman once told me that “With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility”....now that I have these powers, I have the power to help others. Or at least try my best, anyway”.

“I see….but you’re much younger than I am. Should you being doing...I don’t know...kid things? Plus, isn’t your mother worried about you or something”?

“Please don’t call me that...and….I’m an orphan”.

“Oh…..Sorry, But..there’s something about you...feels familiar. I don’t what but something feels familiar about you”.

“Maybe because I have almost the same powers as you. Minus the whole changing skin color and paralyzing touch thing”.

“Maybe that. But anyway, it’s okay if you go out crime fighting. But it’s not a typical walk in the park. It will be difficult-”.

“Plus a little work on that costume of yours” Master Strike told Wolf-Spider as he cut offed Spider-Man.

“HEY! It’s a prototype”! Wolf-Spider complained.

“I’m only kidding...but you really need a new costume, though”.

“Yeah...maybe you’re right”. I’ve only used the stuff I’ve found in my closet and stitched them together”.

“What’s your real name? Curious” Spider asked Wolf-Spider.

“Well...I guess I can trust you...my name is Midnight Wolf. And I know, it’s a weird name for a guy like me. But I really want to help”.

“Which is why I’m sending you to a town, tomorrow morning. I’ve never been there, myself. But I’ve heard it’s pretty filled with danger. You think you’re up for the task”?

“Okay. I’m up for it. Anything to help those people” Wolf-Spider replied.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Present time...on Earth.

“You’ve gotta be kidding me. I’m going to a High School?!” Midnight complained.

Midnight looks at his location to see “Canterlot High”. Midnight gets annoyed that he has to go through high school again. He starts walking around, to see what kind of annoyance he’s gonna go through. But so far, no bullies and everything's good so far. But he heard a huge “GONK” from around the corner. He looks to see that a girl just got hit in the head with...a crown? Midnight walks up to the girl to see what was going on.

“Hey, ms. You okay”? Midnight asked the girl.

“Um….yeah...just got hit in the head with a crown. Don’t know where it came from”.

“Ouch….hmm...I’ll take it to the principle's office. Oh, I forgot to mention. I’m new here. Name’s Midnight Wolf. What’s your name”?

“Um...I’m….Fluttershy”.

“Huh”?

“I’m….Fluttershy”

“Can you speak up, please? I can hardly hear you. It sounds like your name is...Fluttershy”?

Fluttershy nods her head, yes. Giving Midnight the answer he needed.

“That’s a nice name. You need some help with those papers”?

“Um...that’s very kind of you, Midnight. By the way, where are you transferring from?”

“Let’s just say that….I’m from somewhere else. Come on, I’ll help you out. You seem to be having trouble with these…”Animal Shelter” papers. Wait….do they have puppies”?

“Um...yes”.

“PUPPIIEEEEEES! YAHOOOO”!

“Oh my. You like puppies”?

“Of course I do. Especially pugs and corgis. Those pups are too adorable that they can give me a heart attack out of adorableness”.

Fluttershy giggles a little bit. Maybe things won’t be so bad for Midnight, after all. Midnight helps her with her papers and they both bring the crown to the principal's office, with Fluttershy’s guidance on where it was, that is. After that, Fluttershy and Midnight decided to part ways because Fluttershy had to get to class and Midnight still needs to look around.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile back at the statue, Twilight opens her eyes, to see just a ladybug. Spike’s voice gets her attention when he said “Uh..Twilight”?

“Huh? Spike. You’re not supposed to….Spike...are you a...dog”? Twilight asked, looking surprised of what she sees.

“I think so. But I have no idea what you are” Spike replied.

Twilight raises her...hands to her faces and she’s speechless. She screams for a second and then covers her mouth. She looks at her hands like the first time she saw hands and she starts swinging them around while panicking like some kind of maniac. She even looks at her legs. In her head, you can tell that she has no idea what she’s become.

“Twilight, you have to get it, together” Spike said while trying to calm Twilight down.

“What does the rest of me look like”? Twilight asked Spike, with worry in her voice.

“Um...like you. Only not you... your muzzle is really small”.

“My muzzle”?!

Spike rushes up to her, covering her mouth and asks “Are you gonna scream, again”? Twilight nods her head, no, and Spike lets go of her mouth. Both of them look around to see that they have no idea where they are.

“Where are we”? Spike questioned.

“I don’t know. But that...statute must serve as the gateway back to Equestria. We need to find my crown as soon as possible and get back there. I suggest that we start searching the castle, first” Twilight replied.

“Works for me-” Spike said as he saw a familiar face at the distance.

Spike runs towards the person. Twilight turns her head to the person’s face and she stand there in shock of who she finds. It was Midnight! And...he was so young the last time she saw him. Midnight looks at Twilight in shock as well. Midnight hasn’t seen her old friend in almost forever. The last time he saw her when back then when they were just children. Both have tears in their eyes. Both haven’t seen each other in so long. But they don’t know it but….they are not the same people they know each other by. Twilight is from Equestria and Midnight is from Earth. So..Midnight welcomes her with open arms. Just from looking at him, Twilight knows that walking is different from Equestria. So, she stands up and tries to walk towards Midnight. But when she got close enough, she tipped over. But Midnight was able to catch her in time. Midnight was confused about how Twilight walked towards him. It was like she didn’t knew how to walk. But he didn’t care. Twilight looks up to Midnight’s face just to look at his young and handsome face she never got to see in so long. Both of them hugged each other with passion. Their love was so strong that nothing could tear them apart. That is until they opened their eyes to see that everybody else were looking at them, funny. Both of them separate from each other and both of them started to blush.

“Um…..hi” Twilight said while blushing.

“It’s uh….been a while, Twilight” Midnight replied, blushing uncontrollably as well.