• Published 22nd Oct 2017
  • 1,109 Views, 89 Comments

Discovering Friendship Explained - Saro0fdemonz



Ever had a question you wanted to ask us? ASK IT HERE! - An interactive story allowing readers and the characters to talk to one another.

  • ...
1
 89
 1,109

The Weapons of Harmony

Hello there. You all might not know me, but I know a bit about you. My understanding is that you all know me as Magic, the Entity assisting Twilight Sparkle. I'm not a fan of giving away secrets, but I did want the chance to discuss something about myself and my siblings.

The Elements of Harmony

As you've witnessed, the Elements grant the Bearer's Magical weaponry and armor intended to defend the realm from threats beyond the capability of normal power.

Twilight Sparkle is granted a Staff

Rarity Filigree is granted a Claymore

Rainbow Dash is granted a pair of Orbs

Pinkie Pie is granted a pair of Broadswords

Applejack Apple is granted a lasso

Fluttershy [REDACTED] is granted a Rapier

Let us start with my personal favorite.

Pinkie Pie. Each of these weapons are gifts from the spirits of each Element. Laughter is a bit of a wildcard and always has been, but I like the decision to Gift Pinkie Pie a pair of Broadswords.

Dual Broadswords are intended to be wielded as one weapon, two pieces of a single blade that flow as an extension of oneself. I like to think they represent the Duality of their Bearer. While the Spirit's provide the Gift, it is inspired by the Bearer; An important thing to keep in mind.

Next, let us jump to a more obscure one.

Fluttershy. She is blessed with a Rapier, though the first time she Invoked Kindness, it was a Short-sword. Her true weapon, I believe, is the Short-sword. A smaller blade such as this represents someone who is more Humane or, for lack of a better term, Kind. Not to say someone who wields a giant axe is a bloodthirsty murderer. I simply mean to say that given the chance, she would not draw her weapon and would only fight in self-defense or the defense of others with intent to disarm rather than harm.

Though, why the Rapier? It was the blade she drew against her Father. Poised. Beautiful. Groomed. Stable. The Rapier is a beautiful blade that is a bit of a flashy weapon to wield. It's flashiness often hides is unique strength and hidden power.

Next!

Rarity Filigree. I love her Claymore. It is truly a weapon unique to her. You all might have noticed her sister could not lift the blade. This is not due to a lack of strength, but more-so to the fact that the weapon belongs to Rarity and no one else.

The blade is a testament to her deep inner strength and her conviction to do what must be done, no matter the weight of the burden. No matter what it takes, what she must give, she will succeed. Generosity was always a selfless one.

Let's see. Why not one close to home?

Twilight Sparkle. At times her weapon is an ethereal staff. And occasionally, a spear. The two weapons are one and the same, simply a shifting in its use. When flowing through a Catalyst, Magic is amplified, far more powerful than casting bare handed. One could cast such spells bare handed, but the Catalyst acts as a stabilizer and even holds a portion of mana, making the spell casting safer while boosting the casters own ability.

But why a spear? Why not focus solely on casting? Because to Wield magic in Protection of the realm is more than to cast spells. It is to fight. To defend. The Spear leads the others into the fray, being the first to strike and giving the others room to move in. Twilight is more than a simple mage you know. I believe your people would classify her as a Battle Magus. We've seen her fight with her fists before. In her battle with Trixie; her fight with Scythe; and in the battle with Discord, she used her Spear to win the day.

It is a weapon that I feel suits her style. Allowing her to spread her senses and self while focusing on her friends.

Moving on

Applejack Apple. The Lasso is a natural tool in her arsenal. Suited to her work style and to her style of combat. Honesty seeks out what is deep in the heart, close to home. The Lasso is strong, unbreakable, reliable. All the things Applejack represents. That one is more special than she knows...Though I'm personally not allowed to spoil that...

Rainbow Dash. The Pair of orbs around her shift into weapons and shields as needed and have since been complimented by the bolts of a Storm Mason. One could say the Bolts were a gift from Discord himself, all things considered. But the Spheres are Loyalties way of watching after her friends but her own back as well. They are autonomous, reacting as needed so long as the Bearer is aware and focused. I feel Rainbow is not quite aware of this yet. Loyalty is a gifted one, but he was always a bit of a lazy one...Hopefully he gets things in gear...

Each Bearer and each Element are unique in their own way. My Siblings and I gave up everything for these Relics and the power they bestow on those who earn our favor. But there is only so much we can do on our own. It is up to each Bearer to make proper use of our gifts and to further understand their own power.

Comments ( 1 )

dear twilight I don't have a question, I am however here to deliver a warning. a warning of a possible future where your world has lost its magic and everything that you and your friends built to unite your world under one banner where harmony and friendship reigns throughout the lands after you take the throne was somehow undone while a new elements bearers rise to answer the call there are only 5, not 6 due to I believe the element of magic is lost and possibly why the inhabitants of your world live in segregation mistrust and living separated by race. not to tear you down but your disciple a sunny starscout has holy miniatures of your friends except you yourself are missing I fear that you may be directly or indirectly be responsible for this future disaster. how? I do not know but I speculate that while you now live as long as Celestia and luna you friends never do you possibly fall to madness outliving your friends or worse die in battle saving your realm one last time sealing an evil away along with magic to keep it bound whichever the case I give you this knowledge to better prepare you and your friends should both outcomes come to pass and deal with you or this future threat accordingly in the hopes that harmony and the magic of friendship grows and this future does not come to fruition

your knight ...and favorite student bestindworld

Login or register to comment