• Published 22nd Oct 2017
  • 1,109 Views, 89 Comments

Discovering Friendship Explained - Saro0fdemonz



Ever had a question you wanted to ask us? ASK IT HERE! - An interactive story allowing readers and the characters to talk to one another.

  • ...
1
 89
 1,109

Celestia's reasons

Celestia, I know you're better now, but when is it okay in ANY universe to kill a child?

You seem to misunderstand me. The world is all about perspective. You all have the power of knowing all sides of the story, that are revealed through those pages anyway. But while I am compared to a God I am far from all knowing, nor am I all seeing.

My knowledge of this child was and is limited. All I am aware of is that this crea...Child...is Nightmare Moon reborn. A creature I failed to stop once before. My inability to take action and to strike down that monster before led to the pain and suffering of hundreds of innocent people.

You cannot fathom how many I have seen die because I hesitated, how many I have seen take the action I could not and fail because they were outclassed by another who had fought wars in my place.

For far too long I have let others take the fall for me. For too long others have fought my battles.

I was convinced that were I finally to take action, to step forth and protect those who have fought so hard in my name, that I could finally escape the curse brought on by my inaction.

I admit, in this instance, I was wrong. Even so, had I done SOMETHING, the child would not have become Nightmare Moon and presented us with a rather difficult situation.

She has agreed to lay down her weapons for now. At least until she finds her way. But what then?

The Element's will not combat her should she choose to fight.

Neither will Luna and I will not let my guards battle another Celestian.

No, the fight will be mine alone and I will lose.

With that state of mind, yea, you will. Look, all of you can beat up on Celestia, but none of you can fill her shoes. Imagine being the only person in the world that can do ANYTHING to save all the lives on your planet. But you have to do it at the toss of a coin, and no matter what that coin lands on, you have to stick to it, or everyone will die.

She has to do that every day.

Spike...

Whatever Nyx chooses, she'll be supported. But I doubt she has the heart to strike a killing blow. And for those of you still questioning my Princess

I've killed many. Demons, monsters, men, women, and children. So what do you think of me?

Spike! That is hardly fair!

Doesn't matter if they were monsters or if they were guilty Princess, they are dead, and I killed them. So, as I asked - What do you all think of me? Only fair that we get to ask you a few questions, don't you think?